IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

does anyone use PLEX? i have a few (3) folders not showing up on my server. i've tried everything from renaming the folder, removing and re-adding them; even added that specific folder/file instead of the root folder.

halp?

21 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

does anyone use PLEX? i have a few (3) folders not showing up on my server. i've tried everything from renaming the folder, removing and re-adding them; even added that specific folder/file instead of the root folder.

halp?

videos or music? for music you can obviously have bad results with shitty tags. for shows and movies the filenames and folder structure can be a problem.

what client are you browsing with? (check if it works on the web app if you're using a TV app)

have you tried browsing in folder mode instead of the default metadata mode?

it's videos (specifically television mini series and tv movies). i'm not sure if it's because i didn't have it saying season 1 or mini series. i tried labelling the folder as such (even putting complete series) and they still did not show up.

i'm browsing the files through the roku PLEX app. on my bowser i'm using chrome (for mac if that helps).

fixed. just added a new folder for tv movies ?

thanks for the help

Had a bit of a coffee conundrum.  I'm staying at a friend's place, which has one of those Betty Crocker drip coffee machines where you pour water into the back and it does all the things.  Today I decided to make double the usual, since my friend's gone all day and I'll be here for a while.  Well... I forgot that the carafe was not underneath the dripper, flipped it on, and fucked off.  Came back to the kitchen: COFFEE EVERYWHERE.  Also - no paper towels.  So I'm using stupid amounts of toilet paper to sop it up.  Yep.  I'm good.

I was hoping to unwind with some music so that sleeping could commence, but then some stranger started messaging me on okcupid and I feel obliged to keep the dialogue going... which will kill the album listen/unwind combo.  Ah fuck it, their responses are slow af.  Album listening wins.

....album listening loses.  Put on Coil's Unreleased Themes for Hellraiser - can't believe how corny this shit is.  No wonder it got the ax.  Were they taking the piss?  I mean, the Coil/Hellraiser combo should have been amazing, if it were even remotely close to the material Coil had released up until that point.  /smh

In one of the GTA games there was an arcade that played a cool electronic song, I’m sure it’s probably by Tangerine Dream or something but I can’t  remember which one in the series it was and the soundtrack lists for those games are epic in length. Anyone remember?

I was stoked when I got jury duty.  Thought it would be really interesting.  Unfortunately i was not one of the dozen who got selected (there was a group of what seemed like maybe a hundred people all waiting around to see if they'd be selected... seemed pointless to have us all there really.  Why not just call the actual dozen with a few potential stand-ins?)

13 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I was stoked when I got jury duty.  Thought it would be really interesting.  Unfortunately i was not one of the dozen who got selected (there was a group of what seemed like maybe a hundred people all waiting around to see if they'd be selected... seemed pointless to have us all there really.  Why not just call the actual dozen with a few potential stand-ins?)

An Actual Dozen Angry Men.

7 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

I have been called for jury duty. I am currently booking plane tickets that I will never use to get out of it.

I got called over a month ago as well. But now my boss is requesting that I reschedule because one of my co-workers booked a trip on the very week that I'm scheduled to serve, after the fact.

Bullshit complications I never asked for in the first place.

I got facebooked by this nice lady who seems to really care about my needs, but I'm worried she might be insincere. ☹️

??are you lonely or are looking to have sex with women today??? ?? Don't worry, I'm willing to satisfy your sex desires anytime and anywhere. ? ? ? ? Please enter your email, and I will send you my home address, enter your email here ?

I think she could be "the one" but idk :shrug:

• Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

On 10/15/2019 at 11:37 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

The jury system always seemed weird to me. How do regular people without any education or competence on the topic of law decide on a suitable verdict (especially considering the non-intuitive nature of lawfulness)?

Edited by darreichungsform

40 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

The jury system always seemed weird to me. How do regular people without any education or competence on the topic of law decide on a suitable verdict (especially considering the non-intuitive nature of lawfulness)?

the lawyers tend to lay out things very plainly and i think they can ask questions to the judge or lawyers or something during deliberations? at least that's what i've gathered through second hand accounts (mostly tv tbh)

um sfwp: i keep forgetting to eat the last apple. it's there and been there alone for days and i'm worried it's going to get sad

Edited by auxien

They do a brief meet 'n' greet with the prospective jury members in front of everybody who's called upon.  So all you have to do to avoid official selection is behave/respond in a way that's questionable.  The one guy I knew who got called up did just that.  He acted completely confused when they addressed him, and then muttered "ah to hell with it" to himself before responding proper.  He got a firm "no" from the attorney.

I was quite impressed with how he manipulated the situation.  He did not previously strike me as the sort of person who would do that so skillfully.  Strange guy.

Requested a long weekend off of work about a month ago, had plans to go do fun stuff this weekend, instead I’m likely gonna spend most of it hanging around a hospital in support of my wife’s grandma and the family... I’m glad to support the family and be here for my wife, but damn this timing sucks. I’ve been putting in 6 day work weeks lately and was really looking forward to this long weekend... Also hospitals give me anxiety.

Fuck cancer. 

Edited by ghOsty

past week i've more than a few moments of listening back to shit i recorded (real recordings and just instagram/phone videos) and going holy damn that was awesome but then not having a clue if i could recreate it and complete/re-record/record better (releaseable) versions of these ideas/tracks. 

15 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

Aux just release it as is . Sometimes what you captured is the peak and working and reworking it makes it lose the magic . I'd love to hear a release from you that was 20 to 30 short scratchy tracks 

'Like'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stickfigger said:

Aux just release it as is . Sometimes what you captured is the peak and working and reworking it makes it lose the magic . I'd love to hear a release from you that was 20 to 30 short scratchy tracks 

that's basically what this one is :) (but obv there's some longer excerpted stuff in there too, but nonetheless lots of shorter/rougher bits of 'magic') so not against considering doing another release like that again....just doesn't seem the route to go with this new stuff if i can help it. so i'm gonna dig through my presets on my machines and see what i can find this weekend. may the gods grant me the patience and focus to accomplish this.