IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I went to the courthouse this morning to reschedule my jury duty, but the front entrance doors were locked, even though the hours specified that they were open 8 AM to noon on Fridays. And my summons notice also specified that rescheduling cannot be done over the phone. Fuck-monkeys.

Edited by ambergonk

Just got a call from the bank. Apparently some cash I thought I had safely (as in "seller will only get their money when you indicate that you have received the goods") purchased an Analog Four with is now gone because the seller found some loophole in my banking app.

So no new toy and my fuck you money is gone. Grr.

2 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Just got a call from the bank. Apparently some cash I thought I had safely (as in "seller will only get their money when you indicate that you have received the goods") purchased an Analog Four with is now gone because the seller found some loophole in my banking app.

So no new toy and my fuck you money is gone. Grr.

What the fuck? But... doesn't the bank have insurance or aren't you covered by your bank's insurance when you use their app?
I've had my credit card hacked a couple of times which results in my bank instantly blocking my card, informing me about what has happened, and then ask me to tell them which transactions weren't mine and that's it. I get my money back within a couple of days.

1 hour ago, Squee said:

What the fuck? But... doesn't the bank have insurance or aren't you covered by your bank's insurance when you use their app?
I've had my credit card hacked a couple of times which results in my bank instantly blocking my card, informing me about what has happened, and then ask me to tell them which transactions weren't mine and that's it. I get my money back within a couple of days.

Probably not, but we’ll see. I’ve never sued a bank for negligence before, so it’s all a little new for me.

26 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

Probably not, but we’ll see. I’ve never sued a bank for negligence before, so it’s all a little new for me.

Well, sueing them seems a bit extreme. The last time it happened to me someone somehow had used my card to buy something on Facebook. I simply told my bank, filled out some papers, and that was it.

2 hours ago, Squee said:

Well, sueing them seems a bit extreme. The last time it happened to me someone somehow had used my card to buy something on Facebook. I simply told my bank, filled out some papers, and that was it.

Hahaha, you’re right, let’s see if filling out paperwork works, too.

Thanks for the support ?

I'm in the process of roasting a second batch of thin-sliced potatoes for a potato pizza I'm about to make because I burnt the previous batch to a crisp. Could be worse.

USPS lost my package, or sent it to the wrong address, who knows. the contents cost me over $200. they basically told me "well, says here it was delivered. maybe try talking to your mailman next time you see them." fucks sake. 

My cat farted so much this morning and stank up the entire place so my girlfriend and I ended up getting out of bed at 5:30 AM and decided to go to work because wow...

• Like 1

The electrical heater on this bus generates sauna levels of heat. My left thigh is burning up.

Edited by Gocab
I'm outside now, you can stop worrying.

Didn't sleep well so I wanted to take the train instead of biking. The train was too packed for anyone waiting to get in, so I walked home and rode my bike.

4 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I made the mistake of responding to a "wave" on facebook to someone I... might not know, and they followed it up with "how are you?"  I don't have time for this bullshit.

no one says 'how are you?' unless they want to give you oral sex. turn this SFWP into an SWA/S and get oral sex performed upon your genitalia.

• Like 1

Our newest housemate, some startup techbro, had some kind of weird breakdown when I was away at the weekend and put weird signs all over the flat.

Came to a head last night when he threw another housemate down a corridor against a door (dude is ripped and possibly 'roided) and I had to drag drunk angry frenchman (who had gone all scrappy doo) into my room to stop techbro guy from killing him. Then the police attended.

On a FWS side tho, this one sign he put up is the funniest thing I've read in a while

image.thumb.png.ae0ec2b13c927d001e22f8e0c6bb750b.png

I'm not sure what it's like in the UK, but an eviction notice here is generally in "legalese" and references...y'know...the law.

I want to watch a montage of him angrily typing that into his computer and then slapping it on a wall and admiring it with an air of self satisfaction.

Also, an eviction notice is a notice of eviction. Not a set of rules...

• Haha 1

On 10/20/2019 at 11:01 AM, luke viia said:

USPS lost my package, or sent it to the wrong address, who knows. the contents cost me over $200. they basically told me "well, says here it was delivered. maybe try talking to your mailman next time you see them." fucks sake. 

the package showed up today, 11 days after they said it was delivered. no explanation. ffs. at least i got it.

On 10/23/2019 at 12:25 PM, hello spiral said:

Our newest housemate, some startup techbro, had some kind of weird breakdown when I was away at the weekend and put weird signs all over the flat.

Came to a head last night when he threw another housemate down a corridor against a door (dude is ripped and possibly 'roided) and I had to drag drunk angry frenchman (who had gone all scrappy doo) into my room to stop techbro guy from killing him. Then the police attended.

On a FWS side tho, this one sign he put up is the funniest thing I've read in a while

image.thumb.png.ae0ec2b13c927d001e22f8e0c6bb750b.png

When techbro is out being all techbro-ey, please go into his room and cut all his trousers 1/8 inch shorter. 

Surfing at 64kb/s and pondering why Germany has been having a conservative government for 14 years now which failed to provide the digital infrastructure I'd need. It's the economically most successful yet in many fields one of the least developed countries in Europe.

On 10/25/2019 at 1:03 AM, chenGOD said:

When techbro is out being all techbro-ey, please go into his room and cut all his trousers 1/8 inch shorter. 

Did you say "trousers" because you're talking to a Brit or is it used in Canadian English, too?