IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I've been asked to dj at an event by someone I vaguely know after they saw my record collection.  I'm only going to play records that have been recommended by boomkat between 2003 and 2006 and whose value on discogs is less than the postage and packaging if I ever got round to selling them.  So the entire fucking collection then. 

I'm going to be doing some polite intermittent IDM beat boxing over the top, and then at the end while I play a badly conceived 00's bootleg by various production I'm going full gg allin and defecating on the other turntable, ramping it up to max speed and using it as an indiscriminate shit cannon that sprays shit over me and everyone else.

Anyway my fwp is I can't decide on a dj name.  I've narrowed it down to:

DJ shit cannon

Bukachre

DJ DJ Nina Kraviz 

• Burger 1

Woke up 5:30am with some basic existential dread clogging up my arteries.  Watmm had a small feature in my dream, but it was quite incoherent (posting was not done on a computer, the internet was setup all differently, I was posting artwok on behalf of someone else, which was in french, in meme form, and somehow dedicated to/about another user who would either appreciate it or be offended... classic dream logic).

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Thanks 1

Maybe you're the first clone and your dreams are just jumbled up memories of long past.

Edited by Braintree
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, yekker said:

The five dollar meal deal at McDonald's went up 75 cents. It's not a five dollar meal deal anymore is it!? :catrage:

McDonald's is crazy expensive with prices for stuff nowadays. Usually if I buy a combo it's like 10 bucks, but then if I buy McNuggets separately, its 2 bucks, which is a nice price, but then the fries are almost $4 so you're still paying about $7-8 in the end, since I get hit with tax. At least their drinks are $1 down where I live.

15 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

StephenG rejoined WATMM

lol that's a good first world problem indeed ?

(I never unjoined btw poor choice of words. Just took a break!) 

Edited by StephenG
  • Like 2

That midlife crisis thread sure is a rollercoaster.  Still have the second half to go.  Am I really too old to be wearing a leather jacket?  It wasn't even my idea!  

Other FWPs today include hot dog burps, discontinued bulk evaporated milk, and women from other cities trying to app me up when I'm no longer in their areas.  Why don't they ever queue up where I actually live?

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I haven’t seen the sky since Saturday.  The weather here is dismal.  This town looks like it’s in England both in its architecture and its weather apparently.

@Zephyr_NovaYou’re never too old to wear a leather jacket, it just depends on the style of the jacket and how you wear it

2 hours ago, drillkicker said:

@Zephyr_NovaYou’re never too old to wear a leather jacket, it just depends on the style of the jacket and how you wear it

An old biker guy in Montreal took me aside in a cafe and told me it was an excellent leather jacket, and that I should rub olive oil into it to keep it healthy.  I haven't done that, but I believe him.  He seemed like a leather jacket master.

• Like 3