IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

This seems like an odd question, I have no where else to ask it. 

I understand if you write something with an Asterix each side it means an action like *cough* or *sighs*. So if somebody writes *yeah* at the end of a sentence what does that mean?

It might sound bonkers, but without divulging personal stuff like the actual email, I am a little worried. The first time I read it I thought it was weird. And as the silence has continued it's been playing on my mind. I'm also aware it could mean nothing and my overactive imagination is playing it's old tricks on me.

Is it meant as sarcasm? 

Edited by beer badger

Some times adding an asterisk to either side of the word will make it bold in certain apps. Maybe they were trying to make it bold? Or they wanted to jazz it up by adding "stars" around the word?

1 hour ago, beer badger said:

This seems like an odd question, I have no where else to ask it. 

I understand if you write something with an Asterix each side it means an action like *cough* or *sighs*. So if somebody writes *yeah* at the end of a sentence what does that mean?

It might sound bonkers, but without divulging personal stuff like the actual email, I am a little worried. The first time I read it I thought it was weird. And as the silence has continued it's been playing on my mind. I'm also aware it could mean nothing and my overactive imagination is playing it's old tricks on me.

Is it meant as sarcasm? 

Maybe they just don't know what they're doing?

*Maybe*

Very curious to see what would have prompted that last sentence.  Sounds like one for the Online Dating Horror stories thread.

Ah, I see... that wasn't as fucked up as I had hoped.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I thought it looked like ice cream the first time I watched it. Growing up with rotten.com gives you a sense of reality.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Braintree said:

I thought it looked like ice cream the first time I watched it. Growing up with rotten.com gives you a sense of reality.

Isn't rotten.com like gore pictures? I don't understand why anyone would want to see that stuff.

On 1/8/2020 at 12:43 AM, yekker said:

Just watched two girls one cup in it's entirety because I'd never watched the whole thing. I feel nauseous now. 

should probably take a gander at tub girl next then... 

every time i use the elektron octatrack i come up w/something i like but i'm always annoyed that it only has 4 outputs and i don't get the reasoning. put a ficking d-sub on it.. an adat out.. anything...  i know.. it probbaly has to do w/whatever A/D D/A is in it and how many little ports are on the chip etc etc.. but wtf.. 4 outs is dumb and i'll always thing that. midi sequencer in it is dope though and make for nice friends w/the e6400 i got for a pittance during a bucket list type moment. 

so, i guess this is 50/50

4 minutes ago, ambergonk said:

I immediately regret posting in the pointless thoughts thread about how funny I think poop is.

i'm just gonna hang out here a while i guess. 

there's a short story in 'Oblivion' by david foster wallace about a guy who poops out miniature sculptures on the toilet w/o any other kind of process involved. it's written like a human interest type investigative journalism piece w/all kinds of deep hyper self conscious DFW type stuff. 

so, if you want to bask in some poop type topics for a minute there's your start. 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 8:16 AM, ignatius said:

i'm just gonna hang out here a while i guess. 

there's a short story in 'Oblivion' by david foster wallace about a guy who poops out miniature sculptures on the toilet w/o any other kind of process involved. it's written like a human interest type investigative journalism piece w/all kinds of deep hyper self conscious DFW type stuff. 

so, if you want to bask in some poop type topics for a minute there's your start. 

This story achieved to induce great amusement

• Like 1

Soooo much crackly clipping on David Bowie's "Bring Me the Disco King" piano track.  I wonder why they didn't just rerecord the piano at a lower volume?  Sure, the performance is great, but Mike Garson's a virtuoso.  I'm sure he could have done 10 takes and they would all be great.

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Temperature is supposed to drop 20 degrees overnight - whaaaaaaa??  I'm not sure I've even experienced -10 before.  

-30 all week in Calgary. My mum said the island is having major windstorms and stuff? They’re in Qualicum beach... power is out there and it’s snowing!

23 minutes ago, StephenG said:

-30 all week in Calgary. My mum said the island is having major windstorms and stuff? They’re in Qualicum beach... power is out there and it’s snowing!

blizzard_logo.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1