IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

17 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Don't laugh but I love sony headphones and earbuds.... Even their lower end ones like the ones I'm currently enjoying the stupid mdr-xb1000s.... lol

I've become a bit of a Sony fanboy in recent years. IER-Z1R might be the best earphones I've heard, and their mobile players are great as well.

5 minutes ago, IDEM said:

I've become a bit of a Sony fanboy in recent years. IER-Z1R might be the best earphones I've heard, and their mobile players are great as well.

Do you have a one of their MP3 players? I was thinking of getting one when this iPod classic dies. I need something high capacity and would prefer not to have to use a headphone amp with it... decent dac etc. 

19 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Do you have a one of their MP3 players? I was thinking of getting one when this iPod classic dies. I need something high capacity and would prefer not to have to use a headphone amp with it... decent dac etc. 

DMP-Z1 or bust!

https://www.sony.com/electronics/walkman/dmp-z1

?

Seriously though, I have an NM-WM1A, and it's a great player, but by now it would probably make sense to wait for the next generation.

NW-ZX507 is supposed to be decent as well, and it does streaming as opposed to the Signature models that are all about eliminating everything that could be detrimental to the sound, so there's that.

Both have enough juice to power every IEM and then some. If you're looking to drive a wider range of over-ears OTG, you might want to consider the Kann Cube, but I'm not a fan of A&K stuff personally.

Pioneer XDP-300R is good as well.

@IDEM thanks for the recommendations! That gives me some good starting points. I don’t do any streaming (yet), I need a high capacity player ideally 512gb+, I think most of them these days are expandable with SD cards so that’s a bonus! 

hows the UI on the Sony player you have? That’s part of why I kept doing custom iPod classics is the UI is so straightforward and I like the click wheel. I don’t want a player where I have to push lots of buttons (tough to use while driving + buttons by their nature tend to wear out). 

1 hour ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

@IDEM thanks for the recommendations! That gives me some good starting points. I don’t do any streaming (yet), I need a high capacity player ideally 512gb+, I think most of them these days are expandable with SD cards so that’s a bonus! 

hows the UI on the Sony player you have? That’s part of why I kept doing custom iPod classics is the UI is so straightforward and I like the click wheel. I don’t want a player where I have to push lots of buttons (tough to use while driving + buttons by their nature tend to wear out). 

Welcome to the age of the touch screen, my friend! ? It's really convenient and has no lag to speak of. Yeah, storage is expendable by SD card; I know someone who has a 1TB card in there. ?  Also, the Sony's have insane battery life, which is a plus as well. I've had mine for over three years and still get something like 30 hours out of it, I think. If you've got any more question, just let me know.

Edited by IDEM
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Taking my recent firing harder than expected, hit the bottle kinda hard the last couple days. Don’t want to slip back into bad habits. ?

Sorry to hear, bud. 

I can say from personal experience that it is easy to slip and hard to pull yourself back up. Stay strong, brother.

11 minutes ago, Extralife said:

Sorry to hear, bud. 

I can say from personal experience that it is easy to slip and hard to pull yourself back up. Stay strong, brother.

Thanks man, I think it will just take a couple days for me to sort myself out. I need to keep myself busy somehow too. I tend to have issues when I’m idle lol.

le-sigh

Taking my recent firing harder than expected, hit the bottle kinda hard the last couple days. Don’t want to slip back into bad habits. ?

Don’t worry, man. As long as you’re aware of what’s going on. Go out for a long fucking walk tomorrow and don’t come back until you’re tired enough to go to bed. 

What did you do at your last job and do you wanna continue down that road?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Squee said:

Don’t worry, man. As long as you’re aware of what’s going on. Go out for a long fucking walk tomorrow and don’t come back until you’re tired enough to go to bed. 

What did you do at your last job and do you wanna continue down that road?

That’s good advice, I have been going for walks lately. I was the environmental, health and safety coordinator at a manufacturing facility. Probably going to pursue something in the field or go back to ops management I’m not sure. The job market here is pretty rough right now...

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

3 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

That’s good advice, I have been going for walks lately. I was the environmental, health and safety coordinator at a manufacturing facility. Probably going to pursue something in the field or go back to ops management I’m not sure. The job market here is pretty rough right now...

When I got fired from my first job it shook me way worse than I thought it would. I had been with my girlfriend for 4 months and even though I thought I was doing ok it was pretty fucking evident that I wasn’t. I stopped paying attention to my girlfriend and after a while every day around 12 pm I would get so tired I could barely keep my eyes open. No matter how much coffee I drank I felt like going to bed. 

I simply ended up going for extremely long walks and it was great. It took a while for me to get back on track, but getting a proper rhythm in my every day life helped me so much. After a while I got the chance to work on a couple of projects which meant I wasn’t able to go for walks anymore. But working on those projects meant I didn’t have time to be tired or be bored and they really helped me get back on track. (Oh and I still have my girlfriend and we’ve been together for almost 7 years now)

So don’t underestimate walks and a proper rhythm in your daily life. Or just make sure you don’t have time to get bored ?

• Thanks 1

holy shit.. i had an ocular migraine today. first time was disorienting a bit.. pretty weird. visual disturbance.. very colorful, shimmery and obstructing upper left of vision. i only figured out what it was because i panicked and called my doctor. 

32 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

I have had those twice - wild. 

The first time i was at work dispensing and i had this crescent shaped visual disturbance that had a very defined edge to where the distortion / lack of vision started that had pulsating shapes drifting through it. I had to turn my head to the left so i could focus on my monitor ... also experienced a warm sensation : ) 

yeah. sounds about right. weird stuff. i had some mild panic. the visual thing looked kinda like this. but was on the right side of my vision and more translucent and wiggly. 

image-asset.png?format=750w

• Burger 1

13 hours ago, ignatius said:

holy shit.. i had an ocular migraine today. first time was disorienting a bit.. pretty weird. visual disturbance.. very colorful, shimmery and obstructing upper left of vision. i only figured out what it was because i panicked and called my doctor. 

So that’s what I had at the beginning of the month.  I didn’t know that’s what it’s called, but I got it in both eyes pretty severely after neglecting to drink water for longer than I should have.  I was basically blind by the time I realized I was dehydrated.  Also got tunnel vision at the same time which made for quite the experience.

Edited by drillkicker
  • Like 1

Welp had another massive seizure at home today, alone. Combination of stress from being fired, lack of sleep and not eating. Not as bad as the one last may but it really spooked me and the wife. I could have easily died as there was no one here to take care of me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, ManjuShri said:

You on preventative meds?

Negative, all tests came back as me having. K epilepsy, vitamin/mineral/hormone defiency they could find that would predict why I’m having them. No cancer or diabetes etc. It’s a mystery to the neurologists. I’m just finding factors like lack of sleep, immense amounts of stress and anxiety and poor diet that are all common to my first one. ?‍♂️

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Welp had another massive seizure at home today, alone. Combination of stress from being fired, lack of sleep and not eating. Not as bad as the one last may but it really spooked me and the wife. I could have easily died as there was no one here to take care of me.

Well two of those three things you have control of. Wise up man, we like having you around here.

• Like 4

Negative, all tests came back as me having. K epilepsy, vitamin/mineral/hormone defiency they could find that would predict why I’m having them. No cancer or diabetes etc. It’s a mystery to the neurologists. I’m just finding factors like lack of sleep, immense amounts of stress and anxiety and poor diet that are all common to my first one. ?‍♂️

ah jeez. sounds traumatic. considering mortality is weird like that. i hope life eases up and the stress recedes. get some sleep/exercise/food/rub one out.. whatever it takes. 

• Like 2