IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

7 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Negative, all tests came back as me having. K epilepsy, vitamin/mineral/hormone defiency they could find that would predict why I’m having them. No cancer or diabetes etc. It’s a mystery to the neurologists. I’m just finding factors like lack of sleep, immense amounts of stress and anxiety and poor diet that are all common to my first one. ?‍♂️

Hang tight fella. Set a specific bedtime & stick to it, likewise with getting up. Introduce some hearty veg into your diet, soups are one the easiest methods. Your body is pumping cortisol around your system at a rate of knots, so counter that, as someone else said by trying low level exercise like a walk. Walking is good for cognitive function. You’ll mull over, rather than brood over, your options & that release of feel good chemistry from exercise can alternate perspectives. Try meditating or anything creative for that matter....purge the mental poisons. I never painted or illustrated until I turned 39, now I do it as often as possible. Got a playlist of tracks u love? Try melding them into a mix. Lastly, get in front of your cv, revise it if u haven’t already, then write down what u’d like from life. Then take 24hrs, sleep on it, then try it again. The list will start to refine itself, seven times is an approx number that should give u a list of core needs but also your core values will emerge out of this too.

Watch the booze, it’s insidious muck, cap a weekly unit allowance and taper down if u can. Alcohol is a depressant, so it will compound anxieties, worries n generally fuck with your emotions. Seen too many people  lost to this poison, hence the blurb here.

Take care

• Like 5

By my neurologists own admission I am at the weird end of the migraine spectrum, crossing over into epilepsy territory.  I don't have set triggers, I work more on a cycle where I am more or less prone to episodes, and I can predict it to a degree due to fairly extensive auras, anywhere from a mild aural aura to full seizures and collapse.  Get both the psychedelic castellated auras above and more monochromatic pulses for visual auras.

I collapsed on the street a year ago and was rescued by a couple of evangelical christians who then tried to convert me as I lay 'dying'.  Since then have been on seizure prophylactics but still the most important thing in managing it is a regular and sufficient sleep pattern.      

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cwmbrancity said:

Hang tight fella. Set a specific bedtime & stick to it, likewise with getting up. Introduce some hearty veg into your diet, soups are one the easiest methods. Your body is pumping cortisol around your system at a rate of knots, so counter that, as someone else said by trying low level exercise like a walk. Walking is good for cognitive function. You’ll mull over, rather than brood over, your options & that release of feel good chemistry from exercise can alternate perspectives. Try meditating or anything creative for that matter....purge the mental poisons. I never painted or illustrated until I turned 39, now I do it as often as possible. Got a playlist of tracks u love? Try melding them into a mix. Lastly, get in front of your cv, revise it if u haven’t already, then write down what u’d like from life. Then take 24hrs, sleep on it, then try it again. The list will start to refine itself, seven times is an approx number that should give u a list of core needs but also your core values will emerge out of this too.

Watch the booze, it’s insidious muck, cap a weekly unit allowance and taper down if u can. Alcohol is a depressant, so it will compound anxieties, worries n generally fuck with your emotions. Seen too many people  lost to this poison, hence the blurb here.

Take care

All very good advice, thank you. Interesting approach to the CV as well I’m going to try it.

1 hour ago, kakapo said:

By my neurologists own admission I am at the weird end of the migraine spectrum, crossing over into epilepsy territory.  I don't have set triggers, I work more on a cycle where I am more or less prone to episodes, and I can predict it to a degree due to fairly extensive auras, anywhere from a mild aural aura to full seizures and collapse.  Get both the psychedelic castellated auras above and more monochromatic pulses for visual auras.

I collapsed on the street a year ago and was rescued by a couple of evangelical christians who then tried to convert me as I lay 'dying'.  Since then have been on seizure prophylactics but still the most important thing in managing it is a regular and sufficient sleep pattern.      

Shit, that’s intense. Mine are full tonic clonic. The first one I had an aura for about 20 mins beforehand, this second one yesterday I have no idea, just woke up in bed all f’ed up.

its good you have yours kinda figured out. Doesn’t make the odd collapse any easier though (assuming that still happens even with your meds?). Hate chewing through my tongue...

• Like 2

I used to get grand mal seizures when I was very young. The medicine that i had to take was this thick black syrupy substance, it's been forever but I can still imagine the taste. Seriously worst thing I've ever tasted ?

Edited by yekker
  • Like 1

Back on topic (come on fellas, the serious, life-threatening problems thread is thattaway....but for real stevie, hope you can figure out what it is and work through it we all need your huge muscles),

My phone plays random tracks from Apple music when I start the car. Like it doesn't always play the next track in whatever album I'm listening to. Some weeks it will always go back to a specific track, others just totally random. Kind of good/bad, depending on what track it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yekker said:

I used to get grand mal seizures when I was very young. The medicine that i had to take was this thick black syrupy substance, it's been forever but I can still imagine the taste. Seriously worst thing I've ever tasted ?

The taste of the cod-liver oil my grandma used to give me when I was five or so haunts me to this day. That is some nasty shit, but I probably made me the brilliant and ravishing demigod I am today.

2 hours ago, user said:
2 hours ago, Braintree said:

I'm trying to share this video on Reddit and it keeps getting automatically removed.

Nice track. Are the visuals yours as well? 

The visuals are by Maria Mendes. She's done a bunch of videos, including one for Love Love Records.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chenGOD said:

the serious, life-threatening problems thread

4 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I've oft fantasized about creating this thread.

WATMM itself is a serious, life-threatening problem

:catface:

SFWP: this new forum's not being able to easily quote an entire post including quoted bits is, well, it's fucking trash and i hate it. new forum is perfectly good except for that.

6 hours ago, yekker said:

The worst thing I’ve ever tasted was Gymnopilus junonius

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, auxien said:

Life itself is a serious, life-threatening problem

:catface:

SFWP: this new forum's not being able to easily quote an entire post including quoted bits is, well, it's fucking trash and i hate it. new forum is perfectly good except for that.

Fixed for humorous effect. 

and fully agree on the complete and utter wankfest this software’s quoting function is. 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 6:18 AM, Squee said:

I fucking hate iLok

I refuse to purchase plugins that require iLok from now on.

The manager app is fucking pointless. I downloaded it so I could deactivate licenses on a computer that is no longer able to be used and they're telling me I need to reset all of my licenses now :catrage:

3 hours ago, Braintree said:

I refuse to purchase plugins that require iLok from now on.

The manager app is fucking pointless. I downloaded it so I could deactivate licenses on a computer that is no longer able to be used and they're telling me I need to reset all of my licenses now :catrage:

I'm kinda required to use it unfortunately as I need AudioEase's plugiins. But I tried out a plugini last weekend that required me to register it via iLok and it took me an hour to get it working. I've even somehow managed to attach my Soundtoys plugins to my email and not my account which has fucked things up to a whole new level.

I'm listening to venetian snares while playing sonic mania. It's a great combination but sometimes my mp3 player will stop the track if it gets too glitchy. I guess it thinks the tracks are corrupt. Fuckk. 

Edited by yekker
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, beer badger said:

Apart from having a 1/2 inch erect cock my life is just fucking fantastic

my brother would call this the irish curse.  i have a friend who swears he's shaped like a tuna can. i've never asked to confirm this claim. 

edit: current FWP - chatting w/women on some dating app and there's chemistry but they live in other states. 

Edited by ignatius