IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

It's 1:45am and the neighbour's dog has been barking constantly for the last 20 minutes.  That's just when it happened to wake me up, for all I know this has gone on for a couple hours.  This is what I get for going to bed early I guess.  First time this has ever happened in the couple years I've been here... on both the dog barking front and me going to bed before midnight.  Fuck.  Did my neighbour's die?  Surely they would have noticed by now if they were alive.  FWP #2 my neighbour's are probably dead.  I wish I was dead too so I could lie here without the constant dog barking.

:catghost:

*Holy shit guys - it stopped as soon as I posted this!  Neat.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

43 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

It's 1:45am and the neighbour's dog has been barking constantly for the last 20 minutes.  That's just when it happened to wake me up, for all I know this has gone on for a couple hours.  This is what I get for going to bed early I guess.  First time this has ever happened in the couple years I've been here... on both the dog barking front and me going to bed before midnight.  Fuck.  Did my neighbour's die?  Surely they would have noticed by now if they were alive.  FWP #2 my neighbour's are probably dead.  I wish I was dead too so I could lie here without the constant dog barking.

:catghost:

*Holy shit guys - it stopped as soon as I posted this!  Neat.

This means you are dead now. This is heaven.

@Zephyr_Nova Christ, I had the same problem this morning. Woke up to take a piss at 5:45am and the dog went off next door. Didn't stop til like 7:30am. Meanwhile, I'm questioning the morality of jumping their fence and releasing it into the park.

On 2/25/2020 at 2:41 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Guy behind the counter giving me my large pizza walk-in deal didn't give me the coke that came with it and I didn't notice. Probably for the best tbh.

there's more sugar in a 12oz can of coke than like 5 glazed donuts. 

2 hours ago, Braintree said:

@Zephyr_Nova Christ, I had the same problem this morning. Woke up to take a piss at 5:45am and the dog went off next door. Didn't stop til like 7:30am. Meanwhile, I'm questioning the morality of jumping their fence and releasing it into the park.

Damn, that's a long window of dog bark time.  Half an hour was reaching my tolerance threshold.  After which point... I guess bring a chair over to the fence, put headphones on and wank furiously while maintaining eye contact until barking stops.

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

there's more sugar in a 12oz can of coke than like 5 glazed donuts. 

That would explain this horrible cavity on my back molar (hopefully a root canal won't be required by the time I finally get in for my appointment, which is more than a month away).

I'm getting targeted ads about funeral services. I guess Google knows something I don't :cisfor:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Burger 1

Popular youtube channelers that make synth videos on new synths. Talk and talk, it's boring! I just wait for the jamming that's all I watch them for I want to hear what the stuff sounds like. 

Then the jamming is bad... What a waste.

• Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 12:45 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

That would explain this horrible cavity on my back molar (hopefully a root canal won't be required by the time I finally get in for my appointment, which is more than a month away).

I'm so paranoid about having tooth problems to the point that I've almost completely cut juice, fizzy drinks, sweets and chocolate out of my diet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IDEM said:

Way to go, milkface!

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but my friends always tease me when I always get tap water at restaurants and eat some nuts as a snack instead of crisps!

We recently moved and I have been simultaneously preparing-for/putting-off cleaning up 20-30 years of rat droppings on these large shelves in my new garage. Yesterday, I finally bit the bullet, put on coveralls, a respirator and goggles and got up on a ladder and did it. I went through half a jug of bleach spraying, scraping and mopping the shit up. The smell was unbelievably awful. 
I’m a fairly resilient person but this whole thing just broke me. 
I literally wept real tears for a good solid hour after doing the best job I could (which basically ended when I ran out of bleach). I don’t know exactly why it affected me like it did. The whole thing was deeply confusing on a primal level. It’s got me examining whether I’ve just been stressed or if it was existentially/biologically/psychically challenging, as we humans have it programmed in our dna to avoid rodents and droppings for obvious health concerns and here I go getting really up close and personal with a substantial amount of it. 
Let me just say it was terrible. I actually feel traumatized and in a way it’s also funny. 
Next week I’m definitely talking to my therapist about this. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, milkface said:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but my friends always tease me when I always get tap water at restaurants and eat some nuts as a snack instead of crisps!

No, not at all, I just found your nickname fitting for someone who doesn't drink juice or sodas. :beer:(milk jugs)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, milkface said:

I'm so paranoid about having tooth problems to the point that I've almost completely cut juice, fizzy drinks, sweets and chocolate out of my diet.

That's wise. I could easily cut pop/candy/chocolate out of my diet, but I gotta have my juice.

Also, I contacted a different dental clinic that could do the filling next week.  My tooth may still be salvageable!

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, IDEM said:

Hot dog wieners come in jars of six. Hot dog buns come in packs of four. Capitalism sucks.

your hotdogs come in jars?

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

your hotdogs come in jars?

'fraid so. Don't hold it against us, we're European, we don't know better.

(Also notice that, just to spite me, they have a special "6+1" sale going on ...)

front_de.8.full.jpg

Edit: I mean, from a marketing perspective, that is pure genius, of course. While I had to buy two jars and three packs of buns before to reach an equal number of twelve, by upping their game in this way, they now force me to purchase (and ultimately eat) four jars and a whopping seven packs of buns for a total of 28 hot dogs. Burp.

Edited by IDEM
  • Haha 1