IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

5 hours ago, IDEM said:

'fraid so. Don't hold it against us, we're European, we don't know better.

(Also notice that, just to spite me, they have a special "6+1" sale going on ...)

front_de.8.full.jpg

Edit: I mean, from a marketing perspective, that is pure genius, of course. While I had to buy two jars and three packs of buns before to reach an equal number of twelve, by upping their game in this way, they now force me to purchase (and ultimately eat) four jars and a whopping seven packs of buns for a total of 28 hot dogs. Burp.

ours come in plastic so your way is better for the planet i guess.

The projects that I've been working on for the past several months are finally over and now that I don't have anything to focus on, the depression from this breakup is really starting to set in.

• Like 2

This day has so far been a fucking nightmare.

Starts with a movie director insulting my music. It was just a couple of demos but he HATED what he heard. I've never received such harsh criticism, haha.
Then later I receive another film I'm supposed to mix and the main theme that my friend and I did this huge epic track for and the end client decided to go with the reference track that was used in the first place. We have spend so many days on it.

I'm working on another project as well and the deadline is in an hour and 15 minutes and we're still going back and forth on it. But I was actually supposed to work on two other films today which both have deadlines tomorrow morning.

15 hours ago, Braintree said:

The projects that I've been working on for the past several months are finally over and now that I don't have anything to focus on, the depression from this breakup is really starting to set in.

Let's make a noise album together bby

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Squee said:

Starts with a movie director insulting my music. It was just a couple of demos but he HATED what he heard. I've never received such harsh criticism, haha.
Then later I receive another film I'm supposed to mix and the main theme that my friend and I did this huge epic track for and the end client decided to go with the reference track that was used in the first place. We have spend so many days on it.

If it's any consolation, if you showed even pretty much any of the featured artists on this forum, to most people they would ask both "where are the lyrics" and "Where is the melody, the aphex twins and squarepushers are just stringing together random noises, especially the Autechre folk. Sounds like more of a sound design portfolio than music.

Edited by Brisbot

1 hour ago, Brisbot said:

If it's any consolation, if you showed even pretty much any of the featured artists on this forum, to most people they would ask both "where are the lyrics" and "Where is the melody, the aphex twins and squarepushers are just stringing together random noises, especially the Autechre folk. Sounds like more of a sound design portfolio than music.

Sure - but... this is classical music, haha!

11 minutes ago, Squee said:

Sure - but... this is classical music, haha!

I saw a poll YEARS ago, idk where. But basically they found that 60-70% of people think classical music is boring, with a few compositions being an exception. Most people like "Flight of the Bumblebee" for example, lol.

Edited by Brisbot

Since a week or so I’ve got a housemate to share my small 2 bedroom apartment and although it’s mostly ok and we seem to get along quite well it’s also exposing some shit about myself that, even though it doesn’t come as a surprise, I didn’t really anticipate. 
When I’m not working I spend most of my time drinking and consuming copious amounts of speed while faffing about on my synths and general mulling about the house, seeing the occasional friend and going out for dinner/show/etc once or twice a week. I’m aware this is not exactly a virtuous (see what I did there?) lifestyle and in some ways a bit depressing and aimless but considering how my life at times has been in the past it’s not too bad. However, it does stand in stark contrast with someone who’s about 10 years younger and studying and has a way more involved social life. I guess it’s confronting me with the fact I’m not necessarily happy with the way I choose to live my meandering life and it’s slightly harder to ignore when having someone around.

I’m also still fine tuning my shitting itinerary, it’s a pretty nice place and recently built but the inter-appartement walls are paper thin and considering my lifestyle my shits are generally massive auditory and olfactory assaults. 

tldr; being a wasteman is hard work and I have horrendous poos. 

As I’m about to post this I realise I might regret this tomorrow morning. I’m slowly but surely turning into beer badger :cisfor:

• Burger 1

3 hours ago, user said:

Since a week or so I’ve got a housemate to share my small 2 bedroom apartment and although it’s mostly ok and we seem to get along quite well it’s also exposing some shit about myself that, even though it doesn’t come as a surprise, I didn’t really anticipate. 
When I’m not working I spend most of my time drinking and consuming copious amounts of speed while faffing about on my synths and general mulling about the house, seeing the occasional friend and going out for dinner/show/etc once or twice a week. I’m aware this is not exactly a virtuous (see what I did there?) lifestyle and in some ways a bit depressing and aimless but considering how my life at times has been in the past it’s not too bad. However, it does stand in stark contrast with someone who’s about 10 years younger and studying and has a way more involved social life. I guess it’s confronting me with the fact I’m not necessarily happy with the way I choose to live my meandering life and it’s slightly harder to ignore when having someone around.

I’m also still fine tuning my shitting itinerary, it’s a pretty nice place and recently built but the inter-appartement walls are paper thin and considering my lifestyle my shits are generally massive auditory and olfactory assaults. 

tldr; being a wasteman is hard work and I have horrendous poos. 

As I’m about to post this I realise I might regret this tomorrow morning. I’m slowly but surely turning into beer badger :cisfor:

Why are you getting back into speed though? I thought you were off it for a while... =(

3 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Why are you getting back into speed though? I thought you were off it for a while... =(

Thanks for the concern, mr Mughnus, I appreciate it. 

Been back on for about half a year or so and it seems as long as I eat and try to get some sleep every now and then I’m pretty much ok and slightly better off for it as I tend to slouch much more when not using and get more easily depressed. I realise this sounds somewhat moronic. 

14 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

I've heard that a lot of stimulant abuse is a result of undiagnosed ADHD. since usually this is treated with stimulants (even amphetamines). 

have heard this too. i know someone who had that kind of history until he was diagnosed and put on ritalin. seemed to make his world right as rain and the benders stopped. he also had sleep apnea so was in bad shape and falling asleep in various places. 

I lowballed some dude online selling audio equipment and now im thinking he hasn't gotten back to me because of my cheap offer. Im no good at this stuff but isn't the lowball move kinda how you're supposed to initially make deals online?? :shrug: