stupid first world problems you're dealing with

97 degrees today.. gonna be 99 tomorrow. came home from work today and my AC not working. yay!  at least the basement is cool. but wtf. of all days. 

• Replies 24.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hugh Mughnus

• Zephyr_Nova

• usagi

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/04/two-workers-at-londons-pentonville-prison-die-from-covid-19 These were two of my friends who I've worked with for 13+ years. One of them I'm pretty s

I rejoined WATMM. What'd I miss? ?

in the 90s i knew a recording engineer who had a mic/portable dat set up in his living room and whenever he or anyone else had to fart they'd fart into the mic and record to dat. he had like a 90 minu

Posted Images

Concerned that Ivan Ooze hasn't posted about the new Kanye album yet.  Hope he's doing okay.
Ha
Haven't heard it yet! Stoked for it though. Looked everwhere but all i seem to find on the internet are silly youtube rips from the album. Wanna hear it in good quality
  • Like 1

sad, squee. sorry to hear that... 

fwp: got a fat 1"+ splinter from some ironwood, was a huge bitch to get out. those super dense woods really sting. 

Came home to find a huge crack, covering about half of one of the largest windows in my place. It's the inside pane, must be a stress crack or something. Should be covered by my home insurance but that's going to be the second time this year I have to cough up the deductible.

Had to cut a musician from a project because his rhythm guitar playing was too sloppy.  This after a lot of back and forth transferring files from his studio to mine.  Guy must have put in a lot of hours because he did several versions before even sending one to me, and then I got him to resend them a couple times due to what I thought was the files being out of sync with the start of the instrumental I sent him.  Turns out his playing was just off to the point where I assumed the files were out of sync.  Anyway... I think his feelings got hurt, but there was just no way we could use what he did.  He did it for free too, as a favour for his friend, my client.  Damn skippy.  Now my client's got another guy, again with his own home studio, who we're entrusting to play it competently.  This project has been so annoying in part because almost all the actual recording has been done by friends of his in their own home studios, and it's a real mixed bag.  I'm used to dealing with musicians in person, where I can let them know if they're ahead/behind the beat/out of tune etc. -- oh yeah, these guitars were redone because the files from the other guitarist at the other studio were horribly out of tune.  I can only assume the next batch will be in perfect tune/time but with a tone so ghastly as to be unlistenable.

Also, never before have I had to devout so much time to email/phone convos as this project... guy rambles like crazy and gets confused by everything.  Shudder to think how many unpaid hours have gone into back and forth dialogue that goes almost nowhere.

Nice guy though.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
6 hours ago, plugexpert said:

hot nurse measuring blood pressure giving me high blood pressure.

Fuck, I had my blood pressure and heart checked out yesterday and had slightly high bp, which is unusual for me and just realised the doctor was a bit hot.

The good news is that my (mild) tinnitus is probably caused by fluid trapped behind my eardrum and it should be resolved with nosespray. 

Spoiler

Sure hope my doc isn't on watmm cause she'll know exactly who I am now :fear:

• Like 1

Yesterday at my grandfather's funeral at the end , the guy running the show held up the microphone to the coffin and a recording thanking everyone for coming  my grandfather made just before dying was played . His voice was so weak because his body had completely failed at that time . It was truly absurd and unfortunately hilarious but my mum was real upset by it 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Wow.  That's like a scenario right out of Curb Your Enthusiasm.  Absurd/hilarious/unfortunate as you say... or maybe a dose of absurdity is good in these situations, probably for us anyway.  I've definitely appreciated the dark comedy side of things surrounding death in my own life.  There needs to be a Jekyll-Hyde style emoticon for crying and laughing at the same time.  Get on it, Papa.

• Like 1

There are about 30 cars idling in the drive thru of this chickfila and God help me I’m one of them. 

Also there is raw sewage in the air.

Edited by sheatheman

A woman that i know complimented me on my appearance the other day and i blushed. When she noticed it seemed to weird her out a bit... I mean, I never blush and I certainly don't like her but it happened. This is someone I know but rarely see. Older woman in her later 50s She probably thinks I'm even weirder than i already am ? 

Maybe I should only be concerned if she sends me a valentines card??

There's this severely schizophrenic dude who comes into the 2nd hand shop I help run a couple of times a day looking for small items he trades or gives away. Usually I'll just let him take some things, maybe give him some clothes or booze and cigarettes to take with him, we have a weird chat and he's on his way. He's constantly psychotic to varying degrees so sometimes he's a bit of a handful but mostly things have been ok.  

However, some shit happened that made my colleague decide he doesn't want him to come into the shop anymore so the last couple of weeks when the dude tries to go in I meet him at the door, have a chat with him and explain that he can't come in anymore, he'll call me a cocksucker/nazi/wanker, and tries again the next day.
I feel bad for him as he's lost his main spot to get clothes and bartering items and additionally he became homeless a couple of days ago. So I'm tempted to let him come in again but I'd be sidelining my colleague (who isn't there when I'm working so basically wouldn't be directly affected but still) and although I'm not that bothered when people shout abuse at me the other day he spent a full 5 minutes yelling at me at the top of his lungs which annoyed me. I'm kinda torn because of pity and I have a soft spot for him but on the other hand he definitely crossed some lines and kinda feel there should be some consequences to his actions although he's so severely mentally ill that's probably pointless.     

2nd fwp; every time I write a long(ish) post I realise how inept I am at writing, this post took me like half an hour to write, jfc. 

• Sad 1

Dying of boredom, 3 month summer holidays suck when your friends all live in north london and there's no station near you. Why can't uni just start already?! :(((

4 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Finally bit the bullet and setup an online dating profile.

/life ruined

Good luck!

Edited by milkface

Thanks!

First girl I found with excellent music taste on this one site I'm trying had a bio that read simply "I'm a psychopath."  Perfect mate: "a psychopath."  

Music taste isn't  a crucial part or anything, but I don't have a lot to go by with most of these profiles beyond a photo and a boring bio.  The above is probably my favourite bio of the lot, but likely one setup by a spiteful ex.  But perhaps her sense of humour just aligns really well with my own and she's not actually a psychopath.  Or... maybe she is a psychopath looking for a psychopath.  I guess I'll never know.

Got a call from a nr I didn`t recognize and tried to call back with noone answering.  Come to find out it is a nr coming out of South Africa.  Quick googling and it appears to be wangiri scam where criminals make money as soon as you call them back. For a few seconds I was charged around 1 euro 50. Often they have a tape running with a waiting sound  so people make longer connections.  Slick shit. 

Edited by plugexpert
  • Thanks 1

only thing I’ve wasted more time on than dating profiles is Facebook, and I gave up on Facebook a few years back. I see the dating apps going the same way soon enough. they work sometimes don’t get me wrong, but just general ugh.

sfwp: got drunk and slept in odd positions or something, hella sore neck and back and arm muscles this morning. 2old2drink ?

Do you guys pay for your profiles?  I got 5 likes on my okcupid profile, but can't view them unless I send money.  

First girl I found with excellent music taste on this one site I'm trying had a bio that read simply "I'm a psychopath."  Perfect mate: "a psychopath."  

Music taste isn't  a crucial part or anything, but I don't have a lot to go by with most of these profiles beyond a photo and a boring bio.  The above is probably my favourite bio of the lot, but likely one setup by a spiteful ex.  But who knows, maybe her sense of humour just aligns with my own and she's not actually a psychopath.  Or maybe she's a psychopath looking for a psychopath.