IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

On 3/6/2020 at 11:50 AM, darreichungsform said:

I've heard that a lot of stimulant abuse is a result of undiagnosed ADHD. since usually this is treated with stimulants (even amphetamines). 

On 3/7/2020 at 2:54 AM, ignatius said:

have heard this too. i know someone who had that kind of history until he was diagnosed and put on ritalin. seemed to make his world right as rain and the benders stopped. he also had sleep apnea so was in bad shape and falling asleep in various places. 

Cheers fellas. Psych suggested the same some time ago, and told me to let her know as soon as I'd stopped doing amphetamines again so she could arrange an appointment to get tested...

On 3/7/2020 at 6:12 AM, yekker said:

I lowballed some dude online selling audio equipment and now im thinking he hasn't gotten back to me because of my cheap offer. Im no good at this stuff but isn't the lowball move kinda how you're supposed to initially make deals online?? :shrug:

Being made a lowball offer makes me instantly dislike the person placing the offer, especially if I've just put my ad on. For this reason when I make an offer I tend to go for what I think is fair and if it's quite a bit under the asking price I'll send them a message motivating the offer and ask them if they think the amount offered is reasonable. This generally makes for quick and friendly transactions. And I'll definitely feel free to ignore someone if I feel the offer is unrealistically low. 

Just be fair and reasonable.

• Like 1

Clients who arrange release dates before an album's finished.  Why?  Finish your album, then sort out a release so you're not making regrettable rash last minute decisions for the sake of a random deadline that doesn't matter.  Sometimes it's just because they like how the date sounds.

• Like 2

Yep, same thing with video games. Properly hatch it, so you don't have to patch it. I would like to coin this phrase, such as it is, provided it's still free to coin.

recorded an hour long jam i've so far got edited down to about 35 minutes. 

bought a 2018 MacBook pro. it is supposed to be  perfect. been using it for a few weeks and it has that keyboard  problem w/double tapping sometimes.. just the space bar. so, after i spent like 3 days setting it up w/all the software and stuff i'll have to eventually take it to apple for the free keyboard repair program which apparently isn't a guarantee from what i've read. it's a really nice computer though. keyboard is weird and the track pad is huge and takes a while to get used to. 

Woke up this morning around 6am to take a leak and heard my roommate's alarm going off. Wasn't enough to wake me up but definitely loud enough to keep me awake. Eventually had to get up and bang on his door. Turns out he wasn't there and his alarm is a fucking echo.

Now I'm just tired and paranoid about my immune system.

On 3/9/2020 at 9:20 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Clients who arrange release dates before an album's finished.  Why?  Finish your album, then sort out a release so you're not making regrettable rash last minute decisions for the sake of a random deadline that doesn't matter.  Sometimes it's just because they like how the date sounds.

I did that once to see if I could pull it off. Was a lot of fun, actually. I mean, I did all the work for it, so why not.

Well, I mean it's cool if you set yourself a deadline and then take the measures to ensure you're putting in all the necessary work in to meet it.  But sometimes clients will still have a bunch of shit to record, and they want to know if I'm available to do a session XYZ, and then have it all mixed for some date right after that.  It's like, yeah, I can, but obviously that's going to be a case of finishing for the sake of finishing.  Not because it's actually ready.  I'm sure when you released it, you were confident it was the album you wanted it to be.  Sounds dope, by the way.

• Like 1

Got confirmation yesterday that my health insurance plan doesn't cover prescription medications, at least until I meet my $1500 deductible. Worst fucking insurance ever. My meds used to cost a couple dollars a month, now it's almost $1000 a year. I can't afford my depression meds anymore. ?

The US sucks. 

Edited by luke viia
  • Sad 2

Man that sucks so hard.  I really hope that that the silver lining to this corona shitshow is exposing just how our shitty the state of health care / public health is.

Yesterday during dinner a sizeable chunk of the porcelain crown on my molar broke off, got in for an emergency exam with my dentist this morning.  Got a talking to like I'm and 8 year-old because I hadn't bought and worn a night guard ($480 piece of plastic) and that this break was a consequence of that.  Also, our insurance covers neither the guard nor replacing the crown, which is gonna be like $1,200.

8 hours ago, luke viia said:

Got confirmation yesterday that my health insurance plan doesn't cover prescription medications, at least until I meet my $1500 deductible. Worst fucking insurance ever. My meds used to cost a couple dollars a month, now it's almost $1000 a year. I can't afford my depression meds anymore. ?

The US sucks. 

it does indeed suck. from time to time i start to look around for back up plans for getting my cancer meds if the ACA gets full whacked. Other than canada, i came across info about fucking costco. they apparently sella lot of drugs at contract rates far far below list prices and my $14k a month drug is something closer to $200 a month. i'm guessing my insurance pays far less than the list price. it's a fucking stupid system all about negotiating. 

so, eventually i'm going to go to costco and find out if that  rate is actually real at $200 a month is something I could stick on a credit card every month or whatever worked. 

so, are you a member of costco? 

one trip the emergency room will meet your deductible. you can some times get  a copay card thing from the manufacturer of the drug. it's a weird program they often have for people who can't afford medication. you apply and magically your medication is $10 a month or something. 

you may have to go through a really annoying phone tree bureaucracy and spend a day on the phone but you can find out if these kinds of things even exist. 

Edited by ignatius

16 hours ago, luke viia said:

The US sucks. 

Get the GoodRX app. I have a generous drug plan with my insurance and I still don't fuck with it because the coupons to be had on this app beat my plan's prices by a country mile. There is the downside that you're not contributing to your yearly deductible by paying cash but fuck it imo. If anything actually happens to you healthcare-wise, you'll blow out $1,500 in the first 45 minutes you seek care anyway.

just waited outside for over an hour for a bus to get home. thought i'd bus it somewhere i never been to because my bank is there...

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

anyways fuck this shit, it's fucking cold outside and my hands are numb.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lada Laika said:

My unemployment claim was denied, lol. Guess I'll die

Did they give a reason why? I’ve been waiting for a response to my claim for 9 weeks now 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

7 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Did they give a reason why? I’ve been waiting for a response to my claim for 9 weeks now 

I was instructed to file on Standby mode and I'm pretty sure my employer didn't bother faxing them the necessary documents. I've appealed and contacted my employer again but they're notorious for being awful at the admin stuff. Who knows if my requested paid sick time will even show up on my last paycheck.

Think I may of made a right ol' tit out of myself last night somewhere on this forum. I have a sneaky feeling it's probably the Watmm Apocalypse Thread. I will not go back and check ?

Have a nice day ✌️ 

It could be the Covid 19 thread (or maybe I dreamed it) Maybe it's not that bad. When I've had a few beers this afternoon I'll get enough courage to go and check

When I wake, sometimes I get myself in a bit of a weird stew about my drunken posts

I guess if that's all I have to worry about today, life is pretty good

*orders barrel of beer to celebrate*

?

4 minutes ago, MadameChaos said:

Grant is on the Rephlex Rephreshed facebook group complaining that it it sucks. He also hates WATMM btw. :shrug: 

Not sure why most people are taking that post so seriously. He’s not ?‍♂️

FWP: Most of the first world is in isolation or quarantine while the modern day plague haunts the streets. Didn't see this one coming, 2020.

26 minutes ago, MadameChaos said:

Grant is on the Rephlex Rephreshed facebook group complaining that it it sucks. He also hates WATMM btw. :shrug: 

I had a feeling he was that numbers guy with the pro trump shit. Just felt like a dupe.

going out to stores for supplies seeing people viciously hoard shit. very selfish. stores around here are very bare

for example i went to get some allergy meds , like 80 percent of the meds are gone because people feel that things will get so bad taht MIGHT AS WELL STOCK UP AND BUY WAY MORE SHIT THAN NEEDED AND FUCK EVERYBODY ELSE CAUSE ...

Edited by yekker

On 3/9/2020 at 9:20 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Clients who arrange release dates before an album's finished.  Why?  Finish your album, then sort out a release so you're not making regrettable rash last minute decisions for the sake of a random deadline that doesn't matter.

FWP solved courtesy of Coronavirus.  Album saved.