IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

wow didn't realize that was a thing that happened ever. i mean there's plenty of bollards at places where it could happen but i always assumed it was just to keep people from accidently smashing into the doors rather than concerns over malicious robberies. crazy. hope no one was hurt

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

No one hurt but its quite fucked tbqh

it's super fucked up. essentially the bum's rush but in a car. thieves suck. 

• Like 1

Police tapping on my bedroom door at 5:55am this morning. Asking if one of my housemates was shouting in the corridor earlier.

"yeah but he does that, he's got mental health problems"

Made me realise my living situation is far from normal.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

Police tapping on my bedroom door at 5:55am this morning. Asking if one of my housemates was shouting in the corridor earlier.

"yeah but he does that, he's got mental health problems"

Made me realise my living situation is far from normal.

It's surprising what we can get used to ...

And it's *so* great when you finally leave a messed up living situation like that. Really, really worth it.

• Like 1

Yeah all good. Said mental housemate cooked me up some bacon after. The dickhead guy who's being taken to court by our letting agents called the police on him. Apparently he's also sitting in his bedroom doorway with his laptop filming everything (his room is around a corner so I can't see him).

Gave me the opportunity to have a loud conversation with the mental guy in our kitchen about what a no-friends mentallist loser the other guy is, hopefully while he was in earshot.

• Burger 2

Woke up @ 8 AM this morning with a sharp shin splint. Could be due to the fact that I've been out of the gym for over a week (thanks COVID) and skipped a banana yesterday.

18 hours ago, Braintree said:

Finally tired from getting drunk and high.

fixt(?)

15 hours ago, ambergonk said:

Woke up @ 8 AM this morning with a sharp shin splint. Could be due to the fact that I've been out of the gym for over a week (thanks COVID) and skipped a banana yesterday.

I get these basically everytime I walk somehere faster than, well, normal walking speed. Maybe I should change something about my diet/exercising habits.

31 minutes ago, IDEM said:

fixt(?)

I get these basically everytime I walk somehere faster than, well, normal walking speed. Maybe I should change something about my diet/exercising habits.

From my experience a regular exercise routine helps. But the COVID-19 closures have made this a no-go for me lately. I hear potassium is supposed to help prevent cramps though, which is one of the best things about bananas.

Edited by ambergonk

1 hour ago, ambergonk said:

From my experience a regular exercise routine helps. But the COVID-19 closures have made this a no-go for me lately. I hear potassium is supposed to help prevent cramps though, which is one of the best things about bananas.

I hear you. Once I get back to the gym, I'm gonna have to start from scratch.

47 minutes ago, IDEM said:

I hear you. Once I get back to the gym, I'm gonna have to start from scratch.

18 hours ago, ambergonk said:

sorry for long response. Just felt I should say this in case it somehow helps one of you too...

I struggled with shin splints for years, probably pretty close to 10 years, once I started taking up hiking? I probably even complain about it in this thread a few times. I went to physiotherapy every year, did a set of exercises supposed to help with shin splints at home, all that. And I'm pretty active, tons of hiking and regular exercise at home. Nothing worked 100%. The physio helped but within a few months the issue always returned.

Until... Maybe I'll sound like a quack here but I don't care, it worked for me like f'en magic so it might be worth a try for you. It was recommended that I just try a TENS machine, once a night until the issue goes away - 10 mins on each shin at pretty much the highest setting the thing can go (lookup pad placement online), and repeat. So that's 20 mins per shin. 

I kid you not, within 2 weeks of doing this my issue was completely gone. I could jog on asphalt, 16+ km hikes no longer gave me issues. I couldn't believe the thousands of dollars I spent on dry needling and other physio just to have a $40 TENS machine from Wal-Mart fix my problem.

I was extra surprised because I thought (still do for most circumstances) TENS machines are not rehabilitative they simply help ease pain like using a cream or advil. But I'm not exaggerating - 2 weeks and my issue was gone. I'm a little sore after the first hike of the year (we have a ritual 20km hike as the first of the season each year) but I hit it with the TENS machine the next day and I'm good for the rest of the season, jogging/hiking etc.

tl;dr try a TENS machine

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ignatius said:

really dreading all the "covid-19 vaccine discovered" posts on april 1st.

the issue isn't discovering a vaccine anyway but the time lapse to test it before mass production and distribution, from what i understand. finding the cure is one thing, making sure all parameters are under control is another. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

the issue isn't discovering a vaccine anyway but the time lapse to test it before mass production and distribution, from what i understand. finding the cure is one thing, making sure all parameters are under control is another. 

yeah sure  i'm  aware of the issue... but i'm just talking about shitty april 1st jokes. april fools ya know. 

i spoke to friend in the medical field today and he is expecting this to be seasonal and no vaccine any time soon as they don't even have time to study the apparent different strains/mutations because they're overwhelmed. 

Edited by ignatius

1 minute ago, ignatius said:

yeah sure  i'm  aware of the issue... but i'm just talking about shitty april 1st jokes. april fools ya know. 

my point is that's not even an efficient prank since finding a vaccine would mean jack shit for quite some time :)

• Burger 1