IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Fired up the 2.1 system for the laptop at home, (Altec Lansing VS4121), worked fine the first day. Second day, right speaker isn't working. The headphone jack on the right speaker is working though. So I'm guessing that the problem in the chain is between the speakers in the cabinet and the spot where the audio cable routes the signal to either the headphones or the speakers.

Any thoughts from people on here about how easy this would be to fix?

Invasion_Packshot_FINAL.png1-inv_default_x500.png

so i bought this metal drums library (15GBs) to use with NI kontakt for 80 USD to keep myself entertained practicing tech/math metal drums... turns out you can only download it trough NI Native Access app that only works on a PC... problem is that i'm using my cellphone mobile data (sometimes around 2 MB/s when close to coast) to make downloads because my ship's wifi speed is around 45 kB/s, which would take me around 1000 hours to download...

i've contacted customer support to see if they could host it somewhere else but they say it's not possible... oh and i could eventually share a mobile hotspot with my laptop but apparently there's a limit and i've used it already... honestly didn't know about this, like, i have unlimited mobile data on my cellphone but when sharing an hotspot there's restrictions, how that fuck does that work? :psyduck:

fuck this shit...:catrage:

Edited by Tim_J

Set your phone up as a WiFi hotspot, dummy.

Oh, you edited. 

Why did you buy it if you've got not data? :catrage:

Coronas in your brain, I tell you

Edited by Gocab

22 minutes ago, Gocab said:

Set your phone up as a WiFi hotspot, dummy.

Oh, you edited. 

Why did you buy it if you've got not data? :catrage:

Coronas in your brain, I tell you

I have data u dummy, i simply didn't know that there was speeds restrictions for wifi hotspots... First 1.5GBs full on speed (2MB/s), after thats 20kB/s...

?imw=268&imh=268&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter

Edited by Tim_J

7 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

I dreamed that I worked hard all day and then woke up and had to go to work

This is how power imprisons you. In your own mind.

13 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

panopticon

Word was cool enough for me to google it and i don't get it... What prevents the inmates from seeing if the guard is in the tower or not? How come they don't know if they're being watched? 

Edited by Tim_J

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

Invasion_Packshot_FINAL.png1-inv_default_x500.png

so i bought this metal drums library (15GBs) to use with NI kontakt for 80 USD to keep myself entertained practicing tech/math metal drums... turns out you can only download it trough NI Native Access app that only works on a PC... problem is that i'm using my cellphone mobile data (sometimes around 2 MB/s when close to coast) to make downloads because my ship's wifi speed is around 45 kB/s, which would take me around 1000 hours to download...

i've contacted customer support to see if they could host it somewhere else but they say it's not possible... oh and i could eventually share a mobile hotspot with my laptop but apparently there's a limit and i've used it already... honestly didn't know about this, like, i have unlimited mobile data on my cellphone but when sharing an hotspot there's restrictions, how that fuck does that work? :psyduck:

fuck this shit...:catrage:

Probably not but if it’s possible for someone else to download the library I’ll gladly dl it and mail you a usb stick? 

13 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

Word was cool enough for me to google it and i don't get it... What prevents the inmates from seeing if the guard is in the tower or not? How come they don't know if they're being watched? 

The idea is that the guards are in a central tower with something obscuring the prisoners from seeing them. Like one-way mirrors, for instance.

1 minute ago, user said:

Probably not but if it’s possible for someone else to download the library I’ll gladly dl it and mail you a usb stick? 

You need the serial to download it and the serial is linked with my mail which is linked to my NI account so i don't think it's possible... Totally anti-piracy... But honestly thanks a lot! 

4 minutes ago, Braintree said:

The idea is that the guards are in a central tower with something obscuring the prisoners from seeing them. Like one-way mirrors, for instance.

Yeah i thought about that but didn't saw it mentioned anywhere, the preface of the explanation is quite misleading... 

The concept of the design is to allow all prisoners of an institution to be observed by a single security guard, without the inmates being able to tell whether they are being watched.

Although it is physically impossible for the single guard to observe all the inmates' cells at once, the fact that the inmates cannot know when they are being watched means that they are motivated to act as though they are being watched at all times. Thus, the inmates are effectively compelled to regulate their own behaviour. The architecture consists of a rotunda with an inspection house at its centre. From the centre the manager or staff of the institution are able to watch the inmates. 

Edited by Tim_J

Just now, chenGOD said:

What? Just have cameras in the cells. Guard site could be totally remote and the inmates would never know. 

Inmates don't even need to be in a prison as long as they can always be tracked and accessed. This all can work via smartphone

Just now, darreichungsform said:

Inmates don't even need to be in a prison as long as they can always be tracked and accessed. This all can work via smartphone

mind_explode_space.gif

6 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

What? Just have cameras in the cells. Guard site could be totally remote and the inmates would never know. 

They didn't have those in late 1700's when Bentham came up with the concept.

*but I think wearing those cool 80's shades with the lines across the lenses is an important addition for the gaurds.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1