IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

In Deus Ex, when you try to link up the Helios AI with the Aquinas Router (accessing the internet), the password is Panopticon.

Just add that to the things that Deus Ex predicted. Online surveillance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

the idea is that inmates know and behave accordingly

DWrI2JY.gif?noredirect

10 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

What? Just have cameras in the cells. Guard site could be totally remote and the inmates would never know. 

What chenGOD means is that they'll never know if they're being watch or not therefore behaving accordingly... 

Edited by Tim_J

Just now, Tim_J said:

Wtf just happened to this thread

As the world and reality slides into dystopian future with ever greater speed, the Stupid First World Problems thread will become a real-time log of the dystopian world and its inhabitants

6 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

In Deus Ex, when you try to link up the Helios AI with the Aquinas Router (accessing the internet), the password is Panopticon.

Just add that to the things that Deus Ex predicted. Online surveillance.

They were close, at least: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ThinThread

47 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

the idea is that inmates know and behave accordingly

DWrI2JY.gif?noredirect

Sorry, obviously I meant they would never know when they were being watched, just that they know they would be watched at some point. 

North Korea has that on lock by the way. Except they do it with humans in the village (or apartment complexes in the cities). There are multiple observers per site, but not even they know who the others are.

12 hours ago, Tim_J said:

I have data u dummy, i simply didn't know that there was speeds restrictions for wifi hotspots... First 1.5GBs full on speed (2MB/s), after thats 20kB/s...

?imw=268&imh=268&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter

jfc forreal? that's some bullshit

4 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Record each one until the full disintegration occurs, compile them together one after the other, then release a series of four albums called Disintegration Poops.

in the 90s i knew a recording engineer who had a mic/portable dat set up in his living room and whenever he or anyone else had to fart they'd fart into the mic and record to dat. he had like a 90 minute fart tape. he brought it in one day and we listened in the studio w/some other studio staff. hi-res recordings of all kinds of farts goes from to hilarious to mesmerizing in a short period of time. i left the room before i started to question my life choices too seriously. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Burger 2

Huh.  i think this is actually a fairly common thing.  Joe Barressi did that for one of the bands he was recording, and each member left the session with their own cassette of studio farts.  Also New Order learned how to use their first sampler by experimenting with their farts (allegedly).

• Haha 1