IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

My new housemate that I posted about earlier in this thread started having a friend sleeping over on a regular basis about 2,5 weeks ago. She didn't ask or say anything, I just stumbled upon the friend making tea at 3am when I went out to the kitchen to grab a beer. I thought it was a bit weird but figured the friend stayed late and didn't want to make the journey home so fine. But then 2 days later she's there again and there's also an additional toothbrush in the bathroom. At this point I should've said something but in these types of situations I tend to be non-confrontational (something I'm working on) and started wondering if maybe I was overreacting. So over the past 2 weeks she's spent like 8 nights here, some consecutive and last week I had to ask them to keep down the noise (our bedrooms are right next to each other, thin walls and they're up all night watching movies and talking etc.) because it was early in the morning and I had to go to work the next day. Then the friend doesn't seem to know how to use a toiletbrush, doesn't bother using door handles which results in slamming doors, and a bunch of other minor annoyances that probably wouldn't even bother me that much if they'd just asked if I was ok with her staying over but I feel like I'm forced into a position where I have to point out these things that come naturally to me and it's 2 people that need occasional reminding that we're sharing a not super large apartment with downstairs neighbours that might start complaining about door slamming and such.

So this morning I finally did what I should've done earlier and sent my housemate a message saying that we should have a chat, she asked what about so I told her I found it strange that she wouldn't bother to ask whether or not I'm ok with her having someone sleeping over on a regular basis and that this is causing me to be annoyed by little things which is not necessary so we should make some things clear etc. Her response was that it never occurred to her to ask because this has never been an issue in any of the other flats she shared which is super weird to me and I kind of don't believe her because I think she just thought I wasn't gonna say anything. I asked her if we could talk tonight but she's out and tomorrow she's having a bunch of friends over for dinner (which she did ask me about and invited me which I said was cool, and I actually like that she has people over so that's all good) so now I've to wait 2 days to get this stupid talk over with, which is gonna make me feel like I'm some uptight weirdo (maybe I am) and want to get out of the way as quickly as possible so I can move on. Ugh.

This is what I get for being a spineless nice guy I guess :cisfor:

Feel free to point out I'm overreacting or being a stick in the mud or whatever.

2 hours ago, user said:

tomorrow she's having a bunch of friends over for dinner

Yeeesh... Corona contamination party.  You're definitely not overreacting.  People like her are the reason this shit's spreading as efficiently as it is.

• Like 1

Mentally preparing for a trip to the supermarket tomorrow.  I've sketched up a quick schematic of the building and how to strategically maneuver throughout the store as efficiently as possible.  I also plan on being there waiting when they open.

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 3

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Yeeesh... Corona contamination party.  You're definitely not overreacting.  People like her are the reason this shit's spreading as efficiently as it is.

Yeah... I guess that should be a main reason for my annoyance as well... it wasn't initially though.

• Like 1

Notable that there have been no SFWPs here since Saturday.  That may be a record lull since the thread's inception.  Heh, lull.

Dog ate an old shit he found in the yard yesterday.  Today he shat, and I suspect he may have shat his shit.  Someone let Seinfeld know I have a new bit for him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1

7 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Notable that there have been no SFWPs here since Saturday.  That may be a record lull since the thread's inception.  Heh, lull.

Dog ate an old shit he found in the yard yesterday.  Today he shat, and I suspect he may have shat his shit.  Someone let Seinfeld know I have a new bit for him.

now he's gonna eat the shit he shat out that was made up of the shit he ate. 

• Burger 2

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/04/two-workers-at-londons-pentonville-prison-die-from-covid-19

These were two of my friends who I've worked with for 13+ years. One of them I'm pretty sure I was put with to train under on my very first day.

There's another one in the hospital on a respirator. I am told managers skyped with him to check in on him and he was crying and saying he doesn't want to die.

Shit is rough.

• Sad 13

my refrigerator/freezer died.  It's my fault, I went overboard grocery shopping on Sunday.  Doesn't matter how well you plan and follow through with good intentions, a shitnami tidal wave will always be on the horizon to challenge you.  But after 8 hours I am feeling relief that I saved all my meat and other perishables.  I am very thankful.  

9 hours ago, hello spiral said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/04/two-workers-at-londons-pentonville-prison-die-from-covid-19

These were two of my friends who I've worked with for 13+ years. One of them I'm pretty sure I was put with to train under on my very first day.

There's another one in the hospital on a respirator. I am told managers skyped with him to check in on him and he was crying and saying he doesn't want to die.

Shit is rough.

shit. that sucks man. so sorry. 

10 hours ago, hello spiral said:

Shit is rough.

Fuck, man, that fucking sucks. Hope you pull through.

This fucking thing.

This fucking thing.

• Like 2

we've plopped directly into spring here in the PNW and the comforting grey blanket of mildness has vanished and now the sun is out early int he AM and it's to fucking bright. too fucking bright. not like miami bright where the sun feels like it's 12ft directly over your head but still just bright as fuck. my eyes don't like it. 

Oh my fucking christ my fucking neighbour is still using a chainsaw to cut his tree down chunk by chunk, he's been doing it on and off for two cunting weeks. SHUT THE FUCK UP FOR CHRISTS SAKE YOU'RE GIVING EVERYONE IN THE STREET A MIGRAINE. WHY IS YOUR CHAINSAW SO LOUD??????? STFUUUUUUU. I CAN'T EVEN IGNORE IT IT'S TOO HOT TO HAVE THE WINDOWS SHUT I AM GOING INSANE IF IT WAS FOR AN AFTERNOON ITS FINE BUT IT'S BEEN TWO WEEKS HOW DOES IT TAKE TWO WEEKS TO CUT A TREE DOWN STOP

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Yep, that wold def cause my mind to unravel.

It's not even like a droning noise cause every time he moves it it buzzes at a different pitch so my mind can't block it out. I live near an airport and a motorway and those are no way near as annoying as that chainsaw.

Was the reported person screaming something along the lines of

"SHUT THE FUCK UP FOR CHRISTS SAKE YOU'RE GIVING EVERYONE IN THE STREET A MIGRAINE. WHY IS YOUR CHAINSAW SO LOUD??????? STFUUUUUUU. ICAN'T EVEN IGNORE IT IT'S TOO HOT TO HAVE THE WINDOWS SHUT I AM GOING INSANE IF IT WAS FOR AN AFTERNOON ITS FINE BUT IT'S BEEN TWO WEEKS HOW DOES IT TAKE TWO WEEKS TO CUT A TREE DOWN STOP"?

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, IDEM said:

Was the reported person screaming something along the lines of

"SHUT THE FUCK UP FOR CHRISTS SAKE YOU'RE GIVING EVERYONE IN THE STREET A MIGRAINE. WHY IS YOUR CHAINSAW SO LOUD??????? STFUUUUUUU. ICAN'T EVEN IGNORE IT IT'S TOO HOT TO HAVE THE WINDOWS SHUT I AM GOING INSANE IF IT WAS FOR AN AFTERNOON ITS FINE BUT IT'S BEEN TWO WEEKS HOW DOES IT TAKE TWO WEEKS TO CUT A TREE DOWN STOP"?

Ahhh could be actually, UK police turning up 6 hours later.

• Like 2

I think all that muscle mass I gained from the gym has slowly been getting replaced by fat since hunkering down. All the gyms are closed though, and I don't have any exercise equipment at home.

Oh well. Just gotta hit the gym like a mf once I'm back on a regular work schedule.

2 hours ago, timbre monke said:

I think all that muscle mass I gained from the gym has slowly been getting replaced by fat since hunkering down. All the gyms are closed though, and I don't have any exercise equipment at home.

Oh well. Just gotta hit the gym like a mf once I'm back on a regular work schedule.

Totally. Although my gym is constantly hitting me with very considerate texts and e-mails, letting me know that they care about me, sending me tips for exercising at home, wishing me happy Easter ... Before the quarantine I would never hear shit from them, but suddenly it's like they're my best friend, lol. I guesss they're scared that after a couple of months I might get the hang of just hanging around and never come back. And rightly so, I might add!

Also, happy Easter, everyone! (No strings attached.)

• Like 2