IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Don’t worry, unless it’s an uncommonly stupid mouse, it will get the peanut butter out and make off with it before the trap even thinks of closing.

The styrofoam tray that I bought my shrimp in has been stinking up my kitchen the last couple of days. I promptly put the shrimp in a marinade of soy sauce, garlic, ground ginger, and sesame oil as soon as I unpacked it, but the packaging material itself reeks like something I'd rather not compare it to.

Edited by timbre monke

An album I pirated was ripped from someone's record player, which was clearly in need of some maintainence.  Constant hum/crackles... ugh.  Why would you rip from that?  Gross.  Is this supposed to teach me a valuable lesson?

*newly pirated download has finished.  The question is... do I go back and relisten to the first two tracks?

*AH FUCK it's one of those trick downloads where you need to follow their text document for the pass, which is guarded by online surveys into oblivion.  Well, I guess this is what I get for being a bad person.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

35 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

An album I pirated was ripped from someone's record player, which was clearly in need of some maintainence.  Constant hum/crackles... ugh.  Why would you rip from that?  Gross.  Is this supposed to teach me a valuable lesson?

*newly pirated download has finished.  The question is... do I go back and relisten to the first two tracks?

*AH FUCK it's one of those trick downloads where you need to follow their text document for the pass, which is guarded by online surveys into oblivion.  Well, I guess this is what I get for being a bad person.

you are now cancelled

sorry : (

(Those survey/hidden malware things are evil)

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Don’t worry, unless it’s an uncommonly stupid mouse, it will get the peanut butter out and make off with it before the trap even thinks of closing.

Yeah, the Snickers bar method is definitely preferable; those just don't fit in their tiny mouse rucksacks.

You could take a whole jar of peanut butter, but they've been known to roll them for distances up two eight miles (in larger apartments). Resourceful little critters they are.

• Haha 1

so i forgot my nail clipper on the other cabin when moving to this new one and i cannot go back to get it... it's been almost 20 days so you imagine how long my nails are... i woke up today with some tiny little cuts on my chin...

20190723_084702-1.jpg

Edited by Tim_J

54 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

so i forgot my nail clipper on the other cabin when moving to this new one and i cannot go back to get it... it's been almost 20 days so you imagine how long my nails are... i woke up today with some tiny little cuts on my chin...

20190723_084702-1.jpg

Build a nail file. Break something and use the rough side. Gently stroke ur nails in one direction. Wear out your nail, layer by layer, until it's gone and you don't have any nails any longer. Stop having nails

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Grab a couple of scissors, cut off the upper joints of your fingers. No more nails, lots of joints to smoke.

• Burger 1

On 4/16/2020 at 7:14 PM, rhmilo said:

Nah it's all good, I caught it the same day ? - Day later later though my cat ALMOST brought in a live bird. Grabbed my cat by that bit of the neck their mothers do when picking them up and I squeezed his cheeks to make him open his mouth and the bird flew away since it was in the garden. So annoying that my cat is so fast and patient, makes him an impressive hunter.

• Like 1

Spent 3 hours trying to get my friend's sound halfway decent for a live stream thing that's happening tomorrow.  Tried many things.  Was struck by how far from an ear replica a Neumann mic is.  Obviously I was aware there were differences, but I didn't realize just wide that gap was until today.  Like... jesus, mic technology has a long way to go, if this is a high end mic.  Also, I'm always amazed how cheap SM57's are, considering how often they are the best mic for a given task.  If Shure were to more than quadruple the price on that mic, people would absolutely still buy it.  SHHHH don't let them know.

Our bathroom sink has a mild clog - it still drains, but incredibly slowly - to the point where multiple rounds of drain cleaner haven't worked. We probably need a snake, and we're going to just make the maintenance request, but it feels weird to let a stranger into your living space during a pandemic. Or maybe I'm overreacting.

5 minutes ago, Lada Laika said:

Our bathroom sink has a mild clog - it still drains, but incredibly slowly - to the point where multiple rounds of drain cleaner haven't worked. We probably need a snake, and we're going to just make the maintenance request, but it feels weird to let a stranger into your living space during a pandemic. Or maybe I'm overreacting.

it's usually a bunch of gunk (hair slime blob) that's near the top. if you look on youtube and find a DIY /How to video w/your type sink/drain as the example.. it will show you how to take the drain plug out and pull the mess out. 

if it's not that then just plunge it for like an hour and you'll move the clog to the larger drain pipe and maybe that'll solve your problems. 

don't stick a wire hanger down the drain. if your pipe is old or has a plastic part that's somewhere in the link you might punture the pipe.. i know because i did it. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ignatius said:

it's usually a bunch of gunk (hair slime blob) that's near the top. if you look on youtube and find a DIY /How to video w/your type sink/drain as the example.. it will show you how to take the drain plug out and pull the mess out. 

if it's not that then just plunge it for like an hour and you'll move the clog to the larger drain pipe and maybe that'll solve your problems. 

don't stick a wire hanger down the drain. if your pipe is old or has a plastic part that's somewhere in the link you might punture the pipe.. i know because i did it. 

Word, thanks for the tip! I'll float it past the roomie. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

zomg I wish I could drink one beer in the afternoon without being completely useless for the rest of the day.  Does anyone else here have this terrible affliction?

Yeah I can only imbibe if I have no other obligations. Weed? Whatever. One drink? Cancel all my plans. I watch movies where people have drinks during meetings and I’m like cool so I assume you’re napping in 30 mins

• Like 2

Ugh, I could not do that.  Been to Costco twice, and turned around both times as soon as I saw the line.  Most places where I am aren't that bad, but man do people ever love buying in bulk.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova