IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

17 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Ugh, I could not do that.  Been to Costco twice, and turned around both times as soon as I saw the line.  Most places where I am aren't that bad, but man do people ever love buying in bulk.

If you think about it, it's nothing to bitch about in the grand scheme of things. I did it for the experience. I did it for the rush, the adaptation, and the general backwardness of the act. 

• Farnsworth 2

recorded this modular jam i kinda dig and i created some kind of organic type dying underwater sea creature sounds in there for a big sad vibe and sometimes that sound kinda sounds like some big whale stoned on roofies and nitrous trying to avoid brain damage.. like a derp derp derp.. so now i can't take it seriously but gonna finish it anyways because wtf. 

• Like 2

I wish I could only have 1 beer in the afternoon and fall asleep. If I have a day off (and the following day off for obvious reasons) and it's a Beer And Tunes Day I'll start at mid-day and go through until 10pm. Maybe 12 pints. Usually I don't even feel that drunk, obviously I am but I'm not staggering around and dribbling like a backwards lunatic. It's a bit weird to be honest. I tend to find a dissolvable energy tablet, a few bottles of sparkling mineral water, strong coffee and milk thistle is the key. And greasy food before proceedings and during the ritual is essential. And the booze has 16 stone of flesh and bone to soak into. But I'm sure if I had 2 pints of weakfish lager down the pub and a club sandwich for lunch and had to go back to work, I'd be struggling to stay awake.

More than 2 puffs on a spliff mate and I'm talking to a wood goblin that lives in the tree. No doubt if I smoked the magic herb every day I would become one of dudes who totally freaks out on it and ends up in psychiatric hospital. It has a very strange effect on me. And actually speeds my mind up and gives me major paranoid anxiety. One day I was freaking out on it a little and I started hearing voices in my head, as in a loud alien voice from nowhere. It said something like Yes!!! You are a little mouse now get up!!!

That's the last time I ever touched the green.

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 4

I avoid the stuff for similar reasons.  Had one experience where everything anyone around me said had an instant double meaning in my mind, processed automatically, which I believed to be the real message.  I also recognized I was the only person interpreting it that way... so they were all unwittingly spurting out some deeper truth that they were oblivious too, and I was unable to explain it to any of them.  Then someone put on Stephen Colbert and I felt like he was yelling directly at me the whole time.  Then, I became convinced with certainty that if I were to leave the house I would be murdered.  I eventually made an extremely paranoid walk home, went upstairs to bed, put on Ween - La Cocaroacha on my discman, and immediately felt safe once it started playing.  Also, i avoided downstairs because I was convinced the gas heater would explode.  Yeah, pot and me don't mix.

*especially funny because I feel next to no anxiety on a day to day basis.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Farnsworth 1

2 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Had one experience where everything anyone around me said had an instant double meaning in my mind, processed automatically, which I believed to be the real message.  I also recognized I was the only person interpreting it that way... so they were all unwittingly spurting out some deeper truth that they were oblivious too, and I was unable to explain it to any of them. 

*especially funny because I feel next to no anxiety on a day to day basis.

That is exactly what I'm like. Especially the first sentence.

Naturally I'm a teeny bit paranoid of the world around me, and I mean miniscule. Give me the weed and that turns into a exploding atom bomb. Maybe different strains are better than others, and maybe a nice natural plant grown in the Californian sunshine would be fine. And I would try that. 

I do remember in Thailand having a lassi/milkshake which was a fucking awesome buzz which lasted most of the day if not what seemed like 24 hours (can't remember the finer details it was about twenty years ago). But I just live life happily without it.

7 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

zomg I wish I could drink one beer in the afternoon without being completely useless for the rest of the day.  Does anyone else here have this terrible affliction?

Always used to ruin Mediterranean holidays this way. “Let’s have wine with lunch just like the locals do” - and then walk around like zombies for the rest of the day.

And then do it again the next day, because “that’s what the locals do.”

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Candiru said:

I had to wait in line 30 minutes outside before grocery shopping. 

I waited an hour and a half the other day, my mistake for going at opening time!

2 minutes ago, milkface said:

I waited an hour and a half the other day, my mistake for going at opening time!

I would have given up. Did the line look like it would have taken that long?

19 minutes ago, Candiru said:

I would have given up. Did the line look like it would have taken that long?

Yep, didn't really have a choice though as I needed food so I just had to wait. Had some podcasts downloaded so it was fine ?

it's 9 am and i'm drinking a beer. might be my only alcohol all day, who knows. maybe it's my French heritage but having a beer or a drink and going about your day without any issues is just...normal? nice? lovely? it is for me and many people i've known but idk. maybe it's cultural too, perhaps there's a learned aspect of it. obviously some people have obvious issues with alcohol and i guess some just can't physically drink and it not start you on the path to sleep, but again, i'm kinda curious if that's a learned response more than a physical response.

oh um, SFWP: Ikea is closed so i can't go buy the kitchen island/table thing i want so my kitchen is terribly clean now (thanks in part to the beer) and also very empty.

Edited by auxien

8 hours ago, ignatius said:

recorded this modular jam i kinda dig and i created some kind of organic type dying underwater sea creature sounds in there for a big sad vibe and sometimes that sound kinda sounds like some big whale stoned on roofies and nitrous trying to avoid brain damage.. like a derp derp derp.. so now i can't take it seriously but gonna finish it anyways because wtf. 

I honestly enjoy silliness in music

7 hours ago, beer badger said:

I wish I could only have 1 beer in the afternoon and fall asleep. If I have a day off (and the following day off for obvious reasons) and it's a Beer And Tunes Day I'll start at mid-day and go through until 10pm. Maybe 12 pints. Usually I don't even feel that drunk, obviously I am but I'm not staggering around and dribbling like a backwards lunatic. It's a bit weird to be honest. I tend to find a dissolvable energy tablet, a few bottles of sparkling mineral water, strong coffee and milk thistle is the key. And greasy food before proceedings and during the ritual is essential. And the booze has 16 stone of flesh and bone to soak into. But I'm sure if I had 2 pints of weakfish lager down the pub and a club sandwich for lunch and had to go back to work, I'd be struggling to stay awake.

More than 2 puffs on a spliff mate and I'm talking to a wood goblin that lives in the tree. No doubt if I smoked the magic herb every day I would become one of dudes who totally freaks out on it and ends up in psychiatric hospital. It has a very strange effect on me. And actually speeds my mind up and gives me major paranoid anxiety. One day I was freaking out on it a little and I started hearing voices in my head, as in a loud alien voice from nowhere. It said something like Yes!!! You are a little mouse now get up!!!

That's the last time I ever touched the green.

I handle both alcohol and weed relatively well (at least from a physical perspective), but I hate doing anything even remotely productive when stoned, depends totally on the strain of weed, though. But as Indica strains tend to yield larger crops in a shorter amount of time than Sativa strains these are the strains that are mostly commercially available here, unfortunately. I stupidly tried some synthetic Cannabinoids in the past which had a similar effect on me as weed has on you. One time I was just sitting there listening to music and then had to look at the playlist to find out which amazing track was playing only to find out that the music was just playing in my head, lol. Serious mind fuckage. As for alcohol, I hate when it makes me dizzy, it's an unpleasant kind of numbness, usually get that when I haven't slept enough the night before or when I didn't eat before drinking. 

It’s a beautiful day. Reading in the garden, cold glass of dc & at least two neighbours are mowing their cunting lawns. Fuck off already, do some dusting, make soup, fuck your partner, anything except brrrrrzzzzzzfffffrrrrr in binaural sound. Lawns, an abomination against nature. Same principle applies to golf, just big fucking lawns.

A friend gets her pancreatic cancer removed today/tomorrow. In Brooklyn :facepalm:. Will push her further into debt and chances are high she catches Corona there, she is risk group. I hope they don't fuck it up

Edited by darreichungsform
  • Sad 7

2 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

A friend gets her pancreatic cancer removed today/tomorrow. In Brooklyn :facepalm:. Will push her further into debt and chances are high she catches Corona there, she is risk group. I hope they don't fuck it up

Fuck me that sucks. Best of luck to your friend. One of my friends’ mom who is also in the us (not NY thought) heard last week her pancreatic cancer has spread all over. They’re still going to try to treat it though so I guess there might be a glimmer of hope. 

• Sad 1

Spent all day listening through old Zephyr Nova tracks, in order to begin compiling what's looking like it'll be a 5 album series.... 92 tracks being considered so far, with a few folders still to look through on an external drive.... I hope.  Really not looking forward to tweaking mixes and mastering them all to sound cohesive.  Going to be a massive undertaking.  But I've made a decision to actually do it.  

• Like 6

On 4/19/2020 at 8:27 AM, darreichungsform said:

Ah fuck.  Sorry to hear it, hope things work out.

3 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Ah fuck.  Sorry to hear it, hope things work out.

Thank you. Cancer has been a problem for a while so I was mostly worried about Covid. She's already back home and fine (so far). It was probably unjustified worries based on media coverage. Seen videos of hospitals and was very worried, also hearing about the high death rate in the US got me pretty worried. I'm sure they are especially careful in NYC hospitals these days, though.

Edited by darreichungsform
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Took a bite out of a granny smith apple and almost spat it out because it was so soft.  I can't handle soft apples.  I will eat mould and fungus, but a soft apple grosses me right out.

Yeah, that would weird me out too, the whole point of a Granny Smith is to be super crunchy, as well as super juicy and sour. That's what makes it my favorite kind of apple. That granny sure knows how to grow "em.

2 hours ago, Candiru said:

Honeycrisp apples are vastly superior and I’m willing to wage war to defend their honor imo

imo I'm not so sure about that.

Granny Smith apple is actually the only kind I can identify.  Every other apple is just another gross soft apple that I find inedible.  So when granny smith apples become those other apples it's extremely upsetting to me.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

13 minutes ago, yekker said:

I haven't bought/digested an apple in years.. I'm strictly an orange guy.

gotta keep that scurvy in check.

as for apples i'm a Fuji lover. though i quit buying apples a year or so ago. mostly doing bananas, berries in smoothies.