IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

22 hours ago, ignatius said:

relatable. recent weeks i've been preoccupied w/other things or just feeling lousy and not being able to power through it. need to get my teeth sunk into something soon or big malaise will happen. 

Get started on the Bundle Drift followup EP?  Listening now.  Loving the noise percussion, and the satisfyingly deep bass/kicks - nice job on the sound sculpting.  

I'm already thinking about doing a project that revolves around sludgy/noisy guitars and harsh beats.  That would be fun, and could keep me happily preoccupied for another month.

SFWP: cabin's been uncomfortably hot past 4 days.

• Thanks 1

I'm debating getting a new (to me) vehicle and the ones that I really want (right color combo) are over 2,000 miles away. Also I don't really need the new car I've just wanted this particular vehicle for a very long time and there are good deals to be had right now and I can afford it and I'm losing sleep over it because I really want it but I also still find my current car practical and reliable and I love the color and I'm working from home and there really isn't that much driving to be done right now or in the future anyway but goddammit I just wanna have some fun and my car is fucking slow and I just really want this one ok? Fuck. I miss driving. I still drive several times a week but pretty small trips for the most part – groceries and such. Some days I miss living in a more sprawled out city with poor public transit that required driving everywhere. I like cars. Always have. Went 4 years without one about 10 years ago and that was nice due to my lifestyle at the time but now I'm goddamn middle-aged and it's time for my midlife-crisis car...but I don't need it. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Can't tell if I'm really tired or just sad.

Could be both. I get really lethargic and stuff when depressed.... It's the worst because one of the best things you can do when depressed is get physically active but it's tough because you feel so tired lol...

I've been forcing myself to walk 10+ km a day lately to fight off the blues.

• Like 4

Hmmm going for a walk might be a good idea.  I had a huge cup of espresso strength coffee and I still just want to have a nap.  Brain's just a couple flies buzzing around.

On 5/8/2020 at 8:29 PM, Braintree said:

Huh. I'll be damned. Ableton plays flac files. I guess I don't need the converter.

Adobe Audition can convert .flac files, if anyone was curious. Opening flacs in Ableton actually started crashing the program.

1 minute ago, Braintree said:

Adobe Audition can convert .flac files, if anyone was curious. Opening flacs in Ableton actually started crashing the program.

If you’re using osx Switch is a pretty good free audiofile converter. Been using for flacs for years. 

Because of a notice posted at the shop where I went to buy cigarettes today I found out that the sale of menthol cigarettes will be banned in 8 days. Normally I don’t smoke menthols and the last time someone offered me one I didn’t even finish it. (was quite into those click cigarettes when they were still allowed though) But because of being a general impulse driven idiot I felt I should buy a pack as this would be one of the last chances of refreshing my throat and lungs with some soothing minty smoke. Turns out I really enjoy menthols now and I’ve 8 days left to hoard as many packs as possible. Dammit. 

• Haha 2

I don't need that since I already have Audition. Also, I pay for Audition. I would rather to just play the lossless files. Sometimes compressed files add in a bit of silence at the beginning which fucks up their time stretching analysis.

Edited by Braintree

Oh god the extra silences/gaps that appear in various digital files - bane of my existence.  Even with the programs that try to account for that it's still an issue 50% of the time.

I listened to Smashing Pumpkins - Machina for the first time in... no idea how long, but forgot how excruciatingly boring it was.  I mean, I did remember that it was excruciatingly boring but forgot the specifics.  Anyway, now I need to find a way to respect music/lyrics again.  Dunno what to do... will start by having a shower.

40 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I listened to Smashing Pumpkins - Machina for the first time in... no idea how long, but forgot how excruciatingly boring it was.  I mean, I did remember that it was excruciatingly boring but forgot the specifics.  Anyway, now I need to find a way to respect music/lyrics again.  Dunno what to do... will start by having a shower.

Jesus, what the hell did you do that for? Quick, blast some Autechre and get that shit out of your system!

Edit: Or drink some bleech mebbe?

Edited by IDEM
  • Thanks 1

Wearing a face mask for the first time because I have to use public transport but can’t find any way to adjust the mask so that it doesn’t constantly cause my glasses to fog up when I breathe. Also I’m the only one wearing one on the tram I’m on and getting weird looks. 

And my phone no longer recognises me and when I try to add an alternative appearance it tells me my face is obstructed. 

Edited by user

5 hours ago, user said:

Wearing a face mask for the first time because I have to use public transport but can’t find any way to adjust the mask so that it doesn’t constantly cause my glasses to fog up when I breathe. Also I’m the only one wearing one on the tram I’m on and getting weird looks. 

And my phone no longer recognises me and when I try to add an alternative appearance it tells me my face is obstructed. 

same problem. i ended up pushing my glasses down my nose some and that helped a bit. 

6 hours ago, user said:

Some days my glasses really fog up, some days they don't. Ugh.

59 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Fashion egg carton segments into shields between your eyes and lenses.

You're welcome.

This was by far the most elegant and cost effective solution. Thank you. 

9F36416F-7E7E-40E7-8419-449BCC8AE527.jpeg.4f9de2390abbe58e8216fab417ed8304.jpeg

For some reason it keeps going on its side. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 2
  • Farnsworth 3

Ordered something I thought I wanted on ebay impulsively and decided I didn't want it. I was just informed that you can send message to seller but it's been two days so might not work. Crossing my fingers.

• Sad 1

On 5/15/2020 at 8:18 AM, user said:

I think the real first wold problem here is: "my phone knows what my face looks like and can tell when I'm looking at it."

On 5/15/2020 at 8:18 AM, user said:

Edited by drillkicker
  • Like 1