IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

^put on some RATM to help turn it into anger, hopefully? ?

SFWP: i picked a bad time to break my PS4 controller. they're out of stock basically everywhere online and where there is stock the prices are fuckin' high. turns out Playstation allows you to use a smartphone app to control basic functions and even as a gameplay controller but to set up the Playstation to work with the app you have to have a working controller....so, too late for me.  :nelson:

Our fucking cat brought in a tiny wittle mouse and fucked around with it. I managed to separate them but the mouse looks like it's in bad shape. I can't figure out if I should kill it using a shovel : (

24 minutes ago, dingformung said:

don't kill it. let it die in peace. its brain makes it high on DMT while dying

My cat somehow managed to open a window, find the mouse again, get it indoors and eat it. It's butt was lying neatly on our carpet when I walked in. For fuck's sake.

When I was young our family cat used to bring in animals all the time. One time the cat woke up my sister by dropping a living mouse in her bed, lol. Another time the cat woke me up playing with a bottom half of a squirrel by the side of my bed. When the cat got the half-a-squirrel in his mouth I picked him up and threw him out the door and yelled something like "don't come back until you have finished that".

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

On 5/16/2020 at 11:50 AM, yekker said:

Ordered something I thought I wanted on ebay impulsively and decided I didn't want it. I was just informed that you can send message to seller but it's been two days so might not work. Crossing my fingers.

The seller refunded my money~! Gives me faith in humanity ?

a while ago i posted how bandcamp charged me twice for a record that they never actually gave me

well after a few emails they told me they cant do shit about it so the money is just gone and i have no record lol

• Sad 2

downloaded this movie "Proximity" thinking.. oh this will be a dumb syfy thing to put on in the background while editing some sounds.. holy fucking shit.. it starts charmingly enough but quickly reveals itself to be trash. filmed well, nice VFX (more on that) but the story is 1 plot hole after another. it's as if a 10 year old took a screenwriting class and this was the final project. 

it's so  dumb and so cliched at every turn. i had to keep watching. 

spoilers - as if anyone else will watch this - it's about a guy who gets abducted and gets obsessed w/finding answers. i'll skip the plot and just say after getting kidnapped to costa rica by a secret agency and flying by a tiny cessna 172 prop plane w/water landing gear.. back up to north america and british columbia.. oof.. wtf. they find this guy they've been looking for who was abducted in the 70s and has learned to decipher alien messages they find out the aliens are coming back. so they have a sit and chat w/the aliens who are searching for something and through some type of mind meld we see jesus as he rises to heaven.. 

so, the fucking aliens are traveling the universe looking for jesus. 

when asked why the aliens say something about "he's the common thread of purpose throughout all humanity.. blah blah blah" 

after laughing out loud and forehead smack i do some googling and the guy who wrote and directed the movie is some hot shit VFX guy who's worked on all these block busters for quite some time. like A level shit go to kind of guy for VFX magic. 

it fits.  the writing is super weak. it's awful. not a logical thing about it. even just the plane flight from costa rica in a tiny plane that seats 4.. it would've taken forever. plane goes like 180 mph max speed in ideal conditions and about 800 miles on one tank of gas. costa rica to BC is like 4000 miles.

it also rips off THX1138 stylistically in some scenes. super rip off. 

i'm not butt hurt about it just kind of astounded that it was made and that i fucking watched it.  the script is the laziest bunch of horseshit and the jesus message is absurd of course.  even if the aliens want to know who jesus was they could just pick up a fucking bible or abduct a priest. 

so my FWP is this movie exists and now i'm thinking about how it came into existence and now i'm watching Threads to scrub my mind. 

• Burger 1

I made some bomb-ass hummus yesterday but I think I used one garlic clove too many. Woke up with lingering garlic in my mouth even after brushing teeth and rinsing with mouthwash last night.

10 hours ago, ignatius said:

downloaded this movie "Proximity" thinking.. oh this will be a dumb syfy thing to put on in the background while editing some sounds.. holy fucking shit.. it starts charmingly enough but quickly reveals itself to be trash. filmed well, nice VFX (more on that) but the story is 1 plot hole after another. it's as if a 10 year old took a screenwriting class and this was the final project. 

it's so  dumb and so cliched at every turn. i had to keep watching. 

spoilers - as if anyone else will watch this - it's about a guy who gets abducted and gets obsessed w/finding answers. i'll skip the plot and just say after getting kidnapped to costa rica by a secret agency and flying by a tiny cessna 172 prop plane w/water landing gear.. back up to north america and british columbia.. oof.. wtf. they find this guy they've been looking for who was abducted in the 70s and has learned to decipher alien messages they find out the aliens are coming back. so they have a sit and chat w/the aliens who are searching for something and through some type of mind meld we see jesus as he rises to heaven.. 

so, the fucking aliens are traveling the universe looking for jesus. 

when asked why the aliens say something about "he's the common thread of purpose throughout all humanity.. blah blah blah" 

after laughing out loud and forehead smack i do some googling and the guy who wrote and directed the movie is some hot shit VFX guy who's worked on all these block busters for quite some time. like A level shit go to kind of guy for VFX magic. 

it fits.  the writing is super weak. it's awful. not a logical thing about it. even just the plane flight from costa rica in a tiny plane that seats 4.. it would've taken forever. plane goes like 180 mph max speed in ideal conditions and about 800 miles on one tank of gas. costa rica to BC is like 4000 miles.

it also rips off THX1138 stylistically in some scenes. super rip off. 

i'm not butt hurt about it just kind of astounded that it was made and that i fucking watched it.  the script is the laziest bunch of horseshit and the jesus message is absurd of course.  even if the aliens want to know who jesus was they could just pick up a fucking bible or abduct a priest. 

so my FWP is this movie exists and now i'm thinking about how it came into existence and now i'm watching Threads to scrub my mind. 

What is it with VFX experts and shitty writing? Sounds like something Neill Blomkamp would come up with, minus the "aliens looking for Jesus" part (super lol)

did laundry yesterday and had one leftover sock. when putting the clean laundry away i noticed that leftover sock's other half sitting on the floor near the hamper.  so i must've dropped it when taking the laundry down stairs. so, one of the socks is clean and the other is dirty. 

i deliberated putting the clean sock in the drawer and the dirty one in the hamper and waiting until i did laundry again to match them back up in cleanliness.. but this seemed too frustrating.. so i put the clean one and the dirty one in the hamper so they can be together until they're both clean and can be put in the drawer. 

sorry clean sock.. you get to hang w/your dirty mate until next laundry day. it's not your fault clean sock. it's mine and i'll do my best not to let this happen again.

• Like 1

Subway raised price of foot long salami since i last ate there by a dollar. And before that, a dollar. Fast good places are getting more expensive, including McDonald's.  

11 minutes ago, yekker said:

Subway raised price of foot long salami since i last ate there by a dollar. And before that, a dollar. Fast good places are getting more expensive, including McDonald's.  

large commercial meat packing plants and supply chain is breaking down. 

On 5/18/2020 at 6:30 AM, Squee said:

Our fucking cat brought in a tiny wittle mouse and fucked around with it. I managed to separate them but the mouse looks like it's in bad shape. I can't figure out if I should kill it using a shovel : (

Why are you upset about that ?  The point of having a cat is to mitigate your mouse problems.

10 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Stepped away from watmm for 4 days and I feel so far behind.  The prospect of getting caught up on all the threads I was following is quite daunting.  I feel displaced.

Well, at least it was down for 19 h during that time, which should work in your favor. Still, there's a lesson for you in there.

Edited by IDEM
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, yekker said:

Viruses and bacteria !!

They wash the meat in ammonia because the guts of the cows have so much bacteria that they would be inedible to us.

• Farnsworth 3