IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

3 minutes ago, Braintree said:

They wash the meat in ammonia because the guts of the cows have so much bacteria that they would be inedible to us.

because they feed them corn instead of grass. corn is not what a cow would eat. it causes ecoli to form int he cow's digestive tract. they did a study and if they fed cows grass and let them graze for 3 days it would kill off the ecoli and clean out the cow guts. 

so, generally, grass fed beef is a safer thing to consume and of course better for the environment. 

but it ain't perfect. 

10 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Ut-oh, my desktop monitor is at least that old.  I guess I should be preparing for the worst.

smash it before it has the chance to quit on you. "QUIT ON ME?!?!?!?! HA!! YOU'RE  FIRED!" smash!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ignatius said:

because they feed them corn instead of grass. corn is not what a cow would eat. it causes ecoli to form int he cow's digestive tract. they did a study and if they fed cows grass and let them graze for 3 days it would kill off the ecoli and clean out the cow guts. 

so, generally, grass fed beef is a safer thing to consume and of course better for the environment. 

but it ain't perfect. 

Yeah, you're repeating what they said in the video I posted.

2 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Yeah, you're repeating what they said in the video I posted.

ha! but i didn't watch the video. :cisfor:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Braintree said:

That is very evident.

btw yesterday when i hit 'save' on that post is when watmm went dead. let that be a lesson to me. 

I'm just joking around. It's a good doc if you're interested in the subject. Frighteningly, it still holds up.

• Like 1

I like to imagine my beef just magically appears in McDonald's freezers, then it gets cooked up and I eat it. Ignorance is bliss.

Also:

My sister takes forever to respond to texts or emails. I mean how hard is it to respond to a text? It is the quickest way to contact someone. Instead she'll read a text and then forget about it. She does the same thing to my mom sometimes, who she gets along with really well, so it's not just me.

Edited by yekker

All animals, humans included, have E. coli in the intestinal tract.  If we didn't, we wouldn't be able to process oligosaccharides and other compounds that we eat every day.  The problem is with mutated strains of E. coli that don't live symbiotically with us.

Edited by drillkicker

But is it a stupid first world problem, or a serious all world problem?  Or maybe it's just a sort of okay thing.  SFWP: grossed out by the knowledge that there is an intestinal tract just under my (and everyone else's) skin partially filled with excrement at all times. : (

5 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

But is it a stupid first world problem, or a serious all world problem?  Or maybe it's just a sort of okay thing.  SFWP: grossed out by the knowledge that there is an intestinal tract just under my (and everyone else's) skin partially filled with excrement at all times. : (

every time your new hunny nuzzles or lays her head your belly you'll have the knowledge that you're growing a huge shit only inches away from her face. ?

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

The alimentary canal, which is also called the gastrointestinal (GI) tract or gut, is the entire length of tube that winds through the body from the mouth to the anus. It digests, breaks down and absorbs food through its lining into the blood.

Organs within the alimentary canal include the mouth, pharynx, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, and large intestine.

The alimentary canal is considered outside of the body because it is open to the external environment at each end (mouth, anus).

If that doesn't blow your mind...

11 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

every time your new hunny nuzzles or lays her head your belly you'll have the knowledge that you're growing a huge shit only inches away from her face. ?

I'll be sure to warn her about that next time she's down there.  "hey, just fyi, there's shit lurking within an inch of your face.  Sorry 'bout that.  It's a thing that's always there.  luv u."

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Haha 1

SFWP: the inability to react to one's own posts on here.  On facebook, if I post something that's solid gold and no one responds I can add the laughing guy or whatever as a sarcastic "look you idiots, here is the appropriate response" so that everyone feels really stupid for missing it.  But here there's no way to do that.  Awful, really.

• Thanks 1

SFWP #2: people posting vids as examples of good vocal performances, and all I can notice is how many flat notes there are (from a vocalist who I previously thought had an excellent sense of pitch... happened a couple times recently.  Interesting that those are the ones people often choose when there are so many other examples of those same performers nailing it.  Maybe bad pitch gets interpreted as more emotional by some people?  Happens a lot in the studio as well when we're choosing the favourite takes.  Weird.)

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

14 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

SFWP: the inability to react to one's own posts on here.  On facebook, if I post something that's solid gold and no one responds I can add the laughing guy or whatever as a sarcastic "look you idiots, here is the appropriate response" so that everyone feels really stupid for missing it.  But here there's no way to do that.  Awful, really.

I sympathize with this sentiment. If it happens again, just PM me, and I will then quote your post and your post only so you can like my post which will in effectu be your own post.

P.S. Please award this post a Farnsworth, ty.

• Farnsworth 2

On 5/29/2020 at 4:40 AM, yekker said:

The alimentary canal, which is also called the gastrointestinal (GI) tract or gut, is the entire length of tube that winds through the body from the mouth to the anus. It digests, breaks down and absorbs food through its lining into the blood.

Organs within the alimentary canal include the mouth, pharynx, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, and large intestine.

The alimentary canal is considered outside of the body because it is open to the external environment at each end (mouth, anus).

If that doesn't blow your mind...

I’ve seen videos where the human anus was definitely outside the body so this seems entirely believable. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

Someone's arguing about windows in my favourite thread about America.

• Haha 1