IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

That's a weird one.  Just... developing brains are ripe for all manners of confusion.  Developed ones too, but it really shows during the high school/early 20's phase.  identity crises of the highest magnitude.

This is especially weird because that nutjob that tried to defend his beloved bar with a sword was a brony and i've seen unicorn symbols on some of the pictures with nazis on demonstrations. Are we going to see a new HJ(Hitler Jugend), they could be called Brony Youth. Will we see Nazi cult orders with furry leaders? The order of the tail, or tail and bones...

My mind just explodes with ideas.

• Haha 1

Got hit by a car on my bicycle outside of my house on Thursday afternoon. Lucky he swerved a bit and I went into the side. Otherwise hmmm it would be a different story. First time in my life I've been in an ambulance which I realised at the time is a fucking miracle. 

10 stiches in my chin (it was like a perfect circular scoop of flesh had been taken from my chin with a spoon lucky with enough skin holding the flap on) and 5 stiches on my lip. No fractures, no lost teeth, I woke up the next day and felt fine, I was expecting to be all seized up and unable to move. I was fine. The most painful experience of it all was getting my lip injected with anaesthetic! The chin was just the usual painful scratch as at the dentist but as soon as I could see that fine needle heading towards my lips, alarms started going off in my brain. Wow. 

Now I have a fine silver goatee beard as I can't shave. Thinking of keeping it. Sexy badger.

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, beer badger said:

Got hit by a car on my bicycle outside of my house on Thursday afternoon. Lucky he swerved a bit and I went into the side. Otherwise hmmm it would be a different story. First time in my life I've been in an ambulance which I realised at the time is a fucking miracle. 

10 stiches in my chin (it was like a perfect circular scoop of flesh had been taken from my chin with a spoon lucky with enough skin holding the flap on) and 5 stiches on my lip. No fractures, no lost teeth, I woke up the next day and felt fine, I was expecting to be all seized up and unable to move. I was fine. The most painful experience of it all was getting my lip injected with anaesthetic! The chin was just the usual painful scratch as at the dentist but as soon as I could see that fine needle heading towards my lips, alarms started going off in my brain. Wow. 

Now I have a fine silver goatee beard as I can't shave. Thinking of keeping it. Sexy badger.

Did you at least score some quality, legal drugs? 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 1:30 AM, kakapo said:

I was into black people before they were popular.  I've got some Alice Coltrane records, jerk bbq is awesome and I fucking loved Desmond's.  Now that everybody else likes black people, I'm a bit more ambivalent to be honest.

Spent the day deleting black artists work which I've paid for, then re-downloading them from slsk.  Took the Desmond's vhs boxset to the local barnardo's. 

I decided to buy a used car, and I'm buying out of state because it's difficult finding the right combination of options and colors that I'm looking for. The dealership is taking for fucking ever to get this transaction over with and it's maddening. I'm just sitting here waiting to sign some papers for a damn week so I can request vehicle transport. Anytime I've ever purchased a car, new or used, locally the transaction was done in a day. We agreed on a price Monday, I told him how much I was putting down, gave him copies of my DL and insurance, filled out the credit application (my credit is excellent) and now it's Friday and I STILL don't have any damn papers to sign. He's asked me one-off questions via email over the last few days like "what county are you in?" (he already had my full address), "how much are you putting down?" (I put that in my credit application), and today "have you started the transportation process yet?" Fed up with these random emails, I called him to answer this question and see if he had any others so we could wrap this up, but I got his voicemail and left a message. Emailed him the answer too. I'm not booking transport until I have a signed contract, of course. Beginning of the week I figured I could get the car picked up between Thursday and Saturday, now it's gonna have to be Mon-Wed next week at best – assuming he can get this wrapped up today or tomorrow. I've never experienced such incompetence from a legitimate car dealership! And this guy has a 5-star rating on the dealer's site. So infuriating! It's gonna be at least a week from when I request transport till I get the car, so it's just really annoying. Part of me hopes another car I like pops up locally today so I can tell this guy to shove it. I gave him my CC info Monday or Tuesday for a hold deposit but he hasn't run anything so I'm sure I'd be fine. UGH!

7 hours ago, IDEM said:
On 6/4/2020 at 3:24 AM, diatoms said:

diatomaceous earth, just a teaspoon every once in a while

Speaking of which, are you in any way related to @kieselguhr kid?

nope, are they into diatomaceous earth as well?

5 hours ago, beer badger said:

Sorry to hear that

glad you're okay beer badger:)

I think you posted not too long ago about getting up early to avoid others on bikes

now you'll have cars on the brain as well!

I use diatomaceous earth, drop a teaspoon into 32oz of water from time to time. It's pretty wild, if I do it daily my fingernails grow faster and thicker, my teeth feel stronger, and my hair grows faster. Eating fossils is p cool. Just uh, make sure to use the food-grade stuff. 

45 minutes ago, luke viia said:

I use diatomaceous earth, drop a teaspoon into 32oz of water from time to time. It's pretty wild, if I do it daily my fingernails grow faster and thicker, my teeth feel stronger, and my hair grows faster. Eating fossils is p cool. Just uh, make sure to use the food-grade stuff. 

when i switched from synthetic thyroid (after 21 years it destroys your mental capabilities and cardiovascular system)

to bovine thyroid, diatomaceous earth helped clean everything out

and before I switched seem to help combat the effects of the synthetic thyroid on my body before I realized what was happening

so glad that part of my life is over

couldn't make sense of anything there for a while

i still take it today to stay healthy and the reasons you mentioned above:)

Love You fossilized diatoms!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beer badger said:

Glad you got away with superficial (but still pretty bad) injury, bike crashes can be so variable.  I know 2 people in my life who had head injuries and it's not fun.. so I'm firmly in the tell others to wear a helmet camp.

Ive only been in a stupid fall, I was going slowly and the front brake locked up and threw me over the bars. Got stitches in the chin maybe like yours but less serious. And the only annoying thing was that my beard had a small spot without hair where the scar was. But it's been about 10 years and it has healed fine

3 hours ago, sidewinder said:

...I've never experienced such incompetence from a legitimate car dealership! And this guy has a 5-star rating on the dealer's site. So infuriating! It's gonna be at least a week from when I request transport till I get the car, so it's just really annoying. Part of me hopes another car I like pops up locally today so I can tell this guy to shove it. I gave him my CC info Monday or Tuesday for a hold deposit but he hasn't run anything so I'm sure I'd be fine. UGH!

could always go over his head, tell his supervisor your issues and request another agent. best case you get someone who knows what they're doing and a discount ?

8 hours ago, beer badger said:

Got hit by a car on my bicycle outside of my house on Thursday afternoon. Lucky he swerved a bit and I went into the side. Otherwise hmmm it would be a different story. 

i'd say have a beer and be glad you're not dead

but i know good and well you've already had a few ?

:beer:

Edited by auxien

Every goddamm time i get out of the shower i have my skin all itchy... There's no rashes or anything, it's just itchy... It's mostly on humid hot days... Solution is to place myself under the air conditioner set on cold for like 20 minutes... 

Edited by Tim_J

20 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

Every goddamm time i get out of the shower i have my skin all itchy... There's no rashes or anything, it's just itchy... It's mostly on humid hot days... Solution is to place myself under the air conditioner set on cold for like 20 minutes... 

I reckon a colder shower might help...

52 minutes ago, diatoms said:

chemicals in the water maybe?

or soap. irish spring soap is horrible, really smelly and might make you itchy.

Edited by yekker