IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

3 hours ago, Tim_J said:

Every goddamm time i get out of the shower i have my skin all itchy... There's no rashes or anything, it's just itchy... It's mostly on humid hot days... Solution is to place myself under the air conditioner set on cold for like 20 minutes... 

Happens to me sometimes. Try some Lubriderm Daily Moisture lotion - I apply it to my legs and arms after I shower. 

• Thanks 1

spent too much money on Bandcamp

57 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

It happens with different water and different soaps... My mother also has it... You know those bumps you see when you have goosebumps? Feels like all those bumps itching... 

are you allergic to water

41 minutes ago, IDEM said:
20 hours ago, diatoms said:

nope, are they into diatomaceous earth as well?

Kieselguhr is basically the same thing as diatomaceous earth.

Ha, I didn't know that:)

17 hours ago, auxien said:

could always go over his head, tell his supervisor your issues and request another agent. best case you get someone who knows what they're doing and a discount ?

I basically tried to do that last weekend – we'd been discussing details of the car via email the week prior, and then I didn't hear anything from him for a week. By then I was ready to negotiate, so I first called the dealership to ask if he was alright, but the woman just put me through to his voicemail. I submitted a separate inquiry via their website in hopes of speaking to someone else. I got a generic email response from another salesman, but end of their work day Saturday and they were closed Sunday. He then finally emailed me Monday and here we are. Just got an email from him this morning saying they were only 2 at the dealership yesterday and he wasn't able to return my call. Wants to talk today and paperwork will be FedEx'ed to me Monday. I was really hoping for some DocuSign stuff but that's too much to expect from an industry that is used to in-person transactions. Guess that's gonna tack on another week of back and forth...but at least it's moving along. Anytime I don't hear from him I can't help but assume he's trying to get rid of me and sell the car to someone locally. ? Wouldn't blame him, but also would expect transparency if that was the case. 

so I have an estranged half sister and she finally found me after three and a half decades. i mean I wasn't hiding, but we never knew where to look. I've known about her since I was a teenager, but our shared side of the family is absolutely fucking nuts and I've tried to stay away from them in my adult life (there is a lot of missing context there but i'm not writing a novel). i've always wondered about halfsis but i'm not exactly the kind of person that tells you "family means everything to me." It was always me and my mom vs the world. but sis tracked me down. and she is moving FAST. I've replied once, cuz I do think she deserves to know who I am. we have nothing in common, she's blowing up my inbox, we live on opposite sides of the states, and now she's sending me emails that she wants to come visit me in august? WTF? there's a goddamn pandemic. and she wants to bring along some of the crazy side of the family. WTF? hard pass. I'm a man of many walls and hoodies, don't let people close that easily, and now i feel like I have to just tell her to back off. "I'm so scared to even ask BC I know its a lot and I don't want to put any pressure on you whatsoever but it would mean the world to me and also to the both of them to be able to see you." you fuckin craggin me bro? don't want to put any pressure on me whatsoever? what kind of parlor trick is this?

Edited by luke viia
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, luke viia said:

so I have an estranged half sister and she finally found me after three and a half decades. i mean I wasn't hiding, but we never knew where to look. I've known about her since I was a teenager, but our shared side of the family is absolutely fucking nuts and I've tried to stay away from them in my adult life (there is a lot of missing context there but i'm not writing a novel). i've always wondered about halfsis but i'm not exactly the kind of person that tells you "family means everything to me." It was always me and my mom vs the world. but sis tracked me down. and she is moving FAST. we have nothing in common, she's blowing up my inbox, we live on opposite sides of the states, and now she's sending me emails that she wants to come visit me in august? WTF? there's a goddamn pandemic. and she wants to bring along some of the crazy side of the family. WTF? hard pass. I'm a man of many walls and hoodies, don't let people close that easily, and now i feel like I have to just tell her to back off. "I'm so scared to even ask BC I know its a lot and I don't want to put any pressure on you whatsoever but it would mean the world to me and also to the both of them to be able to see you." you fuckin craggin me bro? don't want to put any pressure on me whatsoever? what kind of parlor trick is this?

I would tread carefully yeah - in your shoes I would be very wary given the sudden and explosive interest. Do they need something all of the sudden? Maybe I'm just a bit jaded but the only time most family has suddenly become interested in me is when they want something... 

• Thanks 1

i think sis genuinely has been looking for me for a long time. her story checks out. but the other two people she mentioned, definitely not interested. they have had my entire life to find me. they know where i am. they have my mom's info. one of them is my deceased dad's little brother. he is a chronic liar and drug addict. the other is one of my dads inlaws, and the only time that i know she's mentioned me is when she got upset because no one was looking for her kids, what makes me so special? ugh. those people are a hillbilly nightmare. sis seems more like a regular happy go lucky bumpkin, which is fine, but i'm not exactly interested in reunions. i'm a professional ghost FFS.

Edited by luke viia

9 minutes ago, luke viia said:

i think sis genuinely has been looking for me for a long time. her story checks out. but the other two people she mentioned, definitely not interested. they have had my entire life to find me. they know where i am. they have my mom's info. one of them is my deceased dad's little brother. he is a chronic liar and drug addict. the other is one of my dads inlaws, and the only time that i know she's mentioned me is when she got upset because no one was looking for her kids, what makes me so special? ugh. those people are a hillbilly nightmare. sis seems more like a regular happy go lucky bumpkin, which is fine, but i'm not exactly interested in reunions. i'm a professional ghost FFS.

Yikes, sorry.... Can you steer clear of the other relatives and just deal with sis? Maybe being upfront and saying something along the lines of "this is a bit much/overwhelming right now - I'd really be more comfortable just talking with you on the phone/sharing/emails/eventually meeting just you first?". 

:shrug:

• Like 2

yup, that's about the only rational response I think. she's super impatient but the ball's in my court so w/e. thanks mungus, you're a good guy 5X265.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maybe it's not funny for you luke but for the reader that's a pretty interesting and funny/quirky story lol 

On 6/5/2020 at 9:41 PM, Lada Laika said:

edit for pagebreak capybara

spacer.png

I dreamt about a combination of a capybara with orange duck feet and a human head... 

I have a real hard time telling people “no” without feeling bad about it later. Even if it’s perfectly reasonable to deny their request I’ll still feel like some dreary stick in the mud and I’ll start doubting my reasons etc. Fucking annoying. 

Also I want another eurorack vco and I keep going back and forth between soundforce dco and rubicon even though they’re both 2 completely different. 

got bit by fucking fleas, or maybe just one that went to town on my left leg. this shit is seriously itchy, way worse than a mosquito bite. lasts for days and gets itchier when I go outside because of the heat.