IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Guy I used to look up to as a kid, who has consistently been one of the nicest people you'd ever meet, keeps posting Ben Shapero vids on his facebook.

:catsob:

Not sure why his statuses always appear in my feed - we've had no online interaction... ever?  And I never react to his posts.  The thought of putting him on ignore does occur to me, but there's part of me that's also just curious where else his views may spiral. 

He's one of the most naturally gifted visual artists I've ever known, extremely bright, soft-spoken, and kind by default.  I have a hard time lining up his character with his view of the world.  Certainly could have never predicted it.

• Sad 1

My Rolando Simmons record finally showed up and it's bent to shit.

I waited like three months for it :catsuicide:

• Sad 4

9 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Guy I used to look up to as a kid, who has consistently been one of the nicest people you'd ever meet, keeps posting Ben Shapero vids on his facebook.

:catsob:

Not sure why his statuses always appear in my feed - we've had no online interaction... ever?  And I never react to his posts.  The thought of putting him on ignore does occur to me, but there's part of me that's also just curious where else his views may spiral. 

He's one of the most naturally gifted visual artists I've ever known, extremely bright, soft-spoken, and kind by default.  I have a hard time lining up his character with his view of the world.  Certainly could have never predicted it.

Ah yes, the perpetually scowling angry chipmunk. I've heard elsewhere that people who tend to be kind IRL can be monsters online.

Why anyone would hold an insecure racist chipmunk in high regard though is beyond my comprehension.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Having a hard time choosing wheels pour l'auto.

Just get rid of the car, that way you don't have such decisions to make. Let go of all materialistic tendencies. Just send me all your money and belongings. You will feel like a weight was taken from your shoulders and finally you can breathe freely, trust me. Just give me all you have, so you can finally be free

• Haha 1
  • Burger 1

4 hours ago, theburglar said:

Which one is it? AF or FE?

AF. I reached out to them and they said they would send me another one ?

I'm tired of my job. But I lack the skill-set and connections to ensure decent employment elsewhere. I guess borderline indentured servitude is preferable to being unemployed though.

3 hours ago, timbre monke said:

I'm tired of my job. But I lack the skill-set and connections to ensure decent employment elsewhere. I guess borderline indentured servitude is preferable to being unemployed though.

I feel ya buddy. More or less in the same position. Trying to gain some new/extra skills to have some more options in the future but it’s going so slow. 

FWP:

My temporary housemate asked if it was ok if she has her friend stay over for 5 days at the end of the month. 
This would be a dude I’ve never met, travelling from another country (for posterity; these are still covid times, I’m not a xenophobe) to stay for almost a week in my medium/small 2 bedroom apartment. Also he would be arriving on the day I’m having a small birthday celebration with a couple of friends. 

All this considered, I said I wasn’t up for it and she should sort out something else. 
She asked me about a week ago and has basically been ignoring me since, she’s gone all day on the days I’m home and stays in when I’m gone. Before this we would regularly hang out or eat together. 
Normally I would confront the other person in a situation like this but I just can’t be bothered and also feel like it’s not up to me to clear the awkward passive aggressive vibes that now hang in the air. 
I’m too old for this shit. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, timbre monke said:

unsolicited suggestions: 

- apply for an apprenticeship with a local union.

- volunteer somewhere related to what you want to do. Knowing people is often more useful than knowing things, for better or worse. Which leads me to:

- join the Freemasons. You will suddenly have connections. I discovered this at one of their BBQs. Sounds like a joke, but nope. "My brother runs a ____ business, I'll put in a good word for you." I wasn't even a mason, lol. That lodge had a lot of younger guys (30s-40s) and everyone was super chill. They did a lot of community work and definitely looked after their own. Weird advice, I know, but it might also just be cool if you're feeling lonely and would benefit from a sense of camaraderie.

---- 

my fwp: I wore long johns to bed last night (I keep the room cold, okay?) and neglected to take them off before putting on jeans and coming out into the sun. Horrible. 

also I have a dry cough and it's freaking me out

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, luke viia said:

- join the Freemasons. You will suddenly have connections. I discovered this at one of their BBQs. Sounds like a joke, but nope. "My brother runs a ____ business, I'll put in a good word for you." I wasn't even a mason, lol. That lodge had a lot of younger guys (30s-40s) and everyone was super chill. They did a lot of community work and definitely looked after their own. Weird advice, I know, but it might also just be cool if you're feeling lonely and would benefit from a sense of camaraderie.

woah, didn't see that one coming.

did you end up joining them and if so, did you introduce them to geogaddi?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, luke viia said:

unsolicited suggestions: 

- apply for an apprenticeship with a local union.

- volunteer somewhere related to what you want to do. Knowing people is often more useful than knowing things, for better or worse. Which leads me to:

---- 

my fwp: I wore long johns to bed last night (I keep the room cold, okay?) and neglected to take them off before putting on jeans and coming out into the sun. Horrible. 

also I have a dry cough and it's freaking me out

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Burger 1

1 hour ago, zero said:

woah, didn't see that one coming.

did you end up joining them and if so, did you introduce them to geogaddi?

Nah, never did join. I had been accepted but due to sudden circumstances I had to leave the state for a while and when I came back, my priorities had changed quite a bit (and I had moved to a different part of the city). That lodge actually did have a lot of musicians in it though, I'm sure there was at least one guy who had experienced a campfire headphase. Some of the old guys joked with me about whether I was ready to join the Illuminati and take part in their blood rituals, lol. They get a kick out of their reputation. I was more or less just curious about their role in my neighborhood, which turned out to be benign and helpful. They didn't really advertise their charity work, which was nice imo. I'm sure all lodges are different, but these dudes were very welcoming. I just reached out to them one day and got invited to a meeting. 

Not really trying to make this thread about Masons, but if anyone does think about joining: yes, there are things to study. Yes, they expect you to take it seriously. Yes, you will be required to go through ceremonies. The paddling of a thousand asses (with paddles), for example. :cat:

Edited by luke viia

You declined your dead grandfather’s mason ring because you weren’t gonna wear it? Fair enough. 

• Farnsworth 1