IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

32 minutes ago, manmower said:

FWP: not sure I fully understand this

that was cool. nice VFX etc. 

I've seen rick & morty a few times so i can explain it to you if you like. :doge:

11 minutes ago, luke viia said:

can't find my anxiety meds and it's making me anxious

fug. hope you find them soon

stop, breath deep for a minute. big breaths.. change your thoughts to something calming for a minute.. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2020 at 9:53 AM, markedone said:

Dont know where else to post this

A big 7.5 or so earthquake just hit the coast of Mexico, thankfully super far from Mexico City but we still felt it pretty damn strong here..  the alarm system sounded and we had around 30 seconds to get outside, then around 30-45 seconds of "relatively" gentle but very sustained shaking.  Terrifying as fuck,  even though it was nothing compared to the 'violent' shaking that occurred during the big one here in sept 2017.. I'm getting flashbacks since a week before that aforementioned earthquake, there was also one in Oaxaca.

Currently browsing a proliferation of memes about the earquake to take the edge off..  Havent heard much bad news (yet) from Oaxaca so hopefully they're okay..

Good to hear you're fine. When I was in CDMX for Aphex last year, just seeing all of those earthquake emergency points was kind of unnerving. Also, we stayed in Roma Norte and there were some sections of the sidewalk that you could easily put a leg through if you weren't paying attention.

On 6/23/2020 at 9:53 AM, markedone said:

Dont know where else to post this

A big 7.5 or so earthquake just hit the coast of Mexico, thankfully super far from Mexico City but we still felt it pretty damn strong here..  the alarm system sounded and we had around 30 seconds to get outside, then around 30-45 seconds of "relatively" gentle but very sustained shaking.  Terrifying as fuck,  even though it was nothing compared to the 'violent' shaking that occurred during the big one here in sept 2017.. I'm getting flashbacks since a week before that aforementioned earthquake, there was also one in Oaxaca.

Currently browsing a proliferation of memes about the earquake to take the edge off..  Havent heard much bad news (yet) from Oaxaca so hopefully they're okay..

I heard about that. Alaska got hit with a 7.1 at the end of November back in 2018. Pretty sure the main shock lasted a good full minute. Then it was scattered aftershocks for months.

Seismic PTSD is real.

Edited by timbre monke

10 hours ago, Braintree said:

Good to hear you're fine. When I was in CDMX for Aphex last year, just seeing all of those earthquake emergency points was kind of unnerving. Also, we stayed in Roma Norte and there were some sections of the sidewalk that you could easily put a leg through if you weren't paying attention.

its lake-bed soil here so pavement will crack just from differential settling.  also chill, i was also there for ceremonia :aphexsign:

8 hours ago, timbre monke said:

I heard about that. Alaska got hit with a 7.1 at the end of November back in 2018. Pretty sure the main shock lasted a good full minute. Then it was scattered aftershocks for months.

Seismic PTSD is real.

definitely @ last point.  the perceived intensity will also vary greatly depending on where you are and how local conditions and structures transmit the movement.  like this time, seeing lightposts sway a couple feet was a little freaky, but ive been generally processing it fine.  the 2017 one here was a totally different story, a very violent type of shaking that i will never forget and has left me with some symptoms in the short and long term. like randomly thinking another will kill me at any time.  psychologically, not very fun..

i know my post wasnt really related to fwp, but i just chose to post somewhere, to help me process it.  so appreciate your guys' sentiments 

Edited by markedone
  • Like 2

I have six different salad dressings in the fridge and I just can't decide.  Caeser is my go to, but c'mon, I really should have something else for change.  The Lime Cilantro, perhaps?

mixal6ofem

my next track name

4 minutes ago, tailings said:

I have six different salad dressings in the fridge and I just can't decide.  Caeser is my go to, but c'mon, I really should have something else for change.  The Lime Cilantro, perhaps?

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

mixal6ofem

my next track name

eww!  That's what's happening on the beer aisle.  I'm not gonna be suckered into a Passion Fruit Cardamon Hazy Porter and I'm not putting a raspberry bleu cheese ginger vinegrette on my salad.

• Burger 1

thought there were enough muffin cups/liners for the big batch of goodness i'm baking but ran out halfway through, had to take a trip to a store 20 minutes away and the muffin mix got kinda weird while it sat. catastrophe barely begins to describe it IMO

10 hours ago, tailings said:

I love French dressing but nobody has it here.

why would you buy French dressing? it's 3 ingredients you should already have in your house. I find it very weird that people buy salad dressings, they take 30 seconds to make.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, caze said:

I find it very weird that people buy salad dressings, they take 30 seconds to make.

I had this conversation with my wife just the other day.  Fact is, I can cook.  Quite well, even.  And I regularly make dipping sauces for dumplings or pickling sauces for veggies, etc.  But for whatever reason I can't be bothered to make salad dressing, at least not routinely, (I do occasionally mix up a fresh Caesar dressing; yum).

The same argument could be made for buying canned beans instead of dry beans; or buying bread crumbs,, etc.  It's all about convenience.  It's perhaps the ultimate first world problem.

But I do draw the line at buying pre-cut fruit, that really is lazy as fuck.

19 minutes ago, tailings said:

Isn't that just ketchup and mayo?  Make your own!  Seriously, can't be that difficult to whip up a batch of dressing.

wtf?!? a basic French dressing is oil, vinegar and Dijon mustard. don't let the French know what you've done to their vinaigrette. 

ketchup, on your salad?!?

• Burger 1

3 minutes ago, caze said:

wtf?!? a basic French dressing is oil, vinegar and Dijon mustard. don't let the French know what you've done to their vinaigrette. 

ketchup, on your salad?!?

Sorry, I was being facetious.  I thought that was a well known culinary joke, even if there is a grain of truth in it.  Now that I think of it, it might be thousand island that is ketchup and mayo.  The two were always more or less the same to me, at least the cheap Hidden Valley versions.

2 minutes ago, tailings said:

Sorry, I was being facetious.  I thought that was a well known culinary joke, even if there is a grain of truth in it.  Now that I think of it, it might be thousand island that is ketchup and mayo.  The two were always more or less the same to me, at least the cheap Hidden Valley versions.

No, it really does have ketchup in it apparently:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_dressing

This reminds me of southern Americans calling things salads which are actually deserts.

4 minutes ago, caze said:

No, it really does have ketchup in it apparently:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_dressing

This reminds me of southern Americans calling things salads which are actually deserts.

Like the Gobi Desert?                                               ?

Are you referring to things like candied sweet potatoes?  Yeah, that's a salad.  If it weren't there would be >no salad< and then everyone would feel guilty when it came time for cobbler.

• Haha 1