IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

12 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

Got some new headphones recently that boost the hi freaks and now i'm struggling to mix

My unsolicited advice would be to listen to a whack of mixes from several of your favourite artists, then listen back to your track and see where the key differences are in the EQ balance. (My new(ish) headphones get significantly more bass than my previous ones, so I do this frequently... but I also have my old phones still, so I compare with both.)

22 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Yo if a wire hangar is poking a hole through your U-bend, that is ridiculously cheap plastic you got going on. It should be flexible PVC, and no wire hangar is poking through that without significant effort. 

so the pipe is actually brass. weirdly thin and brittle but covered in chrome. I ended up calling a plumber. couldn't get the clog out from where it was. got all the under sink drain pipe replaced to the wall drain. it is now a sturdy PVC pipe and i hope to never again have this first world problem. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ignatius said:

so the pipe is actually brass. weirdly thin and brittle but covered in chrome. I ended up calling a plumber. couldn't get the clog out from where it was. got all the under sink drain pipe replaced to the wall drain. it is now a sturdy PVC pipe and i hope to never again have this first world problem. 

When i was studying i was renting a house and the pipes under the kitchen sink weren't directly connected to the building pipes, they would go to another below sink, that in turn was connected to the main building pipes... don't ask me why it was like that... So that below sink got clogged and it was made of some kind of stone that looked like marble... With no access to what was under it... So i couldn't try to unclogged it in any way so i called a plumber... First number that showed up in google search... Two guys came, broke the fucking sink on purpose, cause there was no other way to do it, and they used some kind of contraption that was basically a machine with a hard wire attached to it and when they turned the machine on, the wire would spin around inside the hole they poked on the stone... They spent like 10 minutes and charged me 500 euros... Lol i said what??? No way, I'm gonna have to talk with my landlord first so they left me the receipt and i gave them my info... Anyway my landlord obviously didn't wanna pay, much less me, so we wait for them to call us or something... They did call like 2 or 3 times so i kept post poning it and after that they just quit... Lol 500 euros, fucking con artists...

Those guys now run a restaurant and a private parcel delivery company.

• Haha 1

rollercoaster week of side effects and sedation hangover.. ewwwwww  bboyyyy... wtf weirdness is this. tuesday was tired and sort of nicely post sedation after endoscopy. wednesday was like uber fucking miserable for whatever reason. thursday felt pretty good. even go tsome shit done. today felt like i ran a marathon yesterday. legs week as fuck. eye's like buried in my head wrapped in tired skin. shit is weird. had 2 cups of coffee now feeling somewhat better but wouldn't mind a nice soak in a sensory deprivation tank or something. some way to disassociat brain from body. 

also trying to mix this short track i've been messing with and wanting to punch the bassdrum in the dick. otherwise it's a nice shorty diddy of simple lush things.. strings, bass, drums, fx.. 

fireworks started this week.. little dribbles of pops at night. .last night someone went off and blew up a bunch. pretty annoying.. wish they'd just do it on the holiday and move on.. but they tend to slope and then away from the 4th of july.. so we'll have some shit next week too. 

i think thats all the complaining i'm capable of. 

11 hours ago, Gocab said:

lol wtf is going on with that

Have you ever done like way too many hallucinogens? Like after you take them you’re like “fuck, I’m going to be really fucking high for a really fucking long time, and I have to go to work in 12 hours, but I’m still gonna be only halfway through the trip, but fuck it i already ate the drugs and what the fuck was that fucking duck talking about shit I need a cigarette I’m gonna have to go to 7-11 it’s bright in there need sunglasses fuck I’m already pretty high...” 

That’s what’s going on with that. 

• Like 1

Less of a wistful FWP and more of a legit one. I think I'm starting to realize that a wisdom tooth extraction is necessary soon, at least on the left side of my mouth. The ones to the right never really bothered me tho.

Also my new floor fan puts out about twice as much power as my 4-year-old desk fan, even tho it was only $10 more. Although I'm not sure why I mention that as a FWP.

On 7/2/2020 at 5:54 AM, drillkicker said:

The pain is much less extreme today than yesterday and the day before.

Sorry to hear you have the Corona virus. Good that you aren't risk group. The holy spirit and God & Jesus will protect you, keep praying. Just don't walk around and spread it to others, remember, Jesus doesn't protect non-Christians.

• Haha 1

Philodendron is taking over my apartment.

VG4G4ML.jpg

I had to rotate it around yesterday because the leaves were covering the windows so much that the fern was slowly dying, and now that they aren't leaning against anything they spread out so much that they're sticking about 4 feet into the living room and I had to tie it down so it won't fall over next time it's windy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's a lookout near my ma's place where I can see maybe a couple dozen separate 4th of July fireworks displays from different cities on the horizon (I'm in Canada, and my city didn't even do the fireworks thing on July 1st, despite not having any new cases in several weeks).  Debating weather to drive over there later on tonight.  But then I can't drink now, which I also kind of want to do.  Hmmmm.

9 hours ago, TubularCorporation said:

Philodendron is taking over my apartment.

VG4G4ML.jpg

I had to rotate it around yesterday because the leaves were covering the windows so much that the fern was slowly dying, and now that they aren't leaning against anything they spread out so much that they're sticking about 4 feet into the living room and I had to tie it down so it won't fall over next time it's windy.

I'm not a plant expert, but it looks like it's trying to grab the lava lamp and make a run for it.

• Like 2

Breaking news, your philodendron is a monstrous monstera

jury duty...on the first day the courts have reopened after lockdown. my county has been beating its own rona case counts for over a week now. sitting in a closed room full of people for 6-8 hours a day, cool, thanks

• Sad 2

18 hours ago, dingformung said:

Sorry to hear you have the Corona virus. Good that you aren't risk group. The holy spirit and God & Jesus will protect you, keep praying. Just don't walk around and spread it to others, remember, Jesus doesn't protect non-Christians.

What