IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

47 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

spending the night at the hotel and can't fucking sleep because apparently those fuckers are cleaning every bedroom on my floor at 1:30am and make huge fucking noises like it's fucking normal, it's not like i fucking paid to have some sleep after all. did i mention they gave me the worst possible room on top of that? booked this night a month ago and the fuckers gave me the bedroom that's right next to the elevators + the laundry lobby or some shit which means the staff is going back and forth in that room while continuing their fucking nuisance

earlier in the evening i had the pleasure to hear the bed from a different room banging hard against the wall while a lady was expressing enjoyment of the procedure, this hotel fucking scammed me. my life is ruined and i wish i had covid-19 instead

You probably deserve it

6 hours ago, dingformung said:

You probably deserve it

no doubt 

it just occured to me that the cleaning at 1:30am was very likely standard covid-19 protocol. i'm in the train and they announced the trains were cleaned during the night. not that anybody cares

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

gay

Which instrument do you recommend? I want something tuned that is also percussive and sounds interesting. I'm a bit tired of drumming on Djembe drums and want something more melodic that I can then process digitally

Edit: Don't wanna play something totally homosexual like the piano...

Edited by dingformung

49 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Which instrument do you recommend? I want something tuned that is also percussive and sounds interesting. I'm a bit tired of drumming on Djembe drums and want something more melodic that I can then process digitally

Edit: Don't wanna play something totally homosexual like the piano...

what you want doesn't matter - btw what you want is completely idiotic - it's about what you need. and what you need is to learn how to play the piano properly like true alphas do

Edited by brian trageskin

thank you padre

While I think a piano can help learning about music theory I think the piano is both a very complicated, heavy and expensive instrument while lacking expression. It made sense that it was popular at the time it was invented because people weren't used to such clean straight forward sounds but today I want something that's a bit more versatile and has the ability to make weird resonances and allows more sound modulation

Edited by dingformung

19 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

flol at complaining about the piano

piano is too next-level for simple-minded folk, you lot ain't interested in making music you just want fancy toys to make the music for you 

It's a deep instrument, it requires skill, body control, focus and a lot of knowledge to play properly to admittedly make beautiful music with, but I am more interested in timbres and the variation of them than in mathematically structured notes, and the piano can't offer that. You can dampen the sound with one pedal and add reverb with the other one and you can vary the loudness and length of notes, also you can vary the tempo at which you play or play notes that are at the same place slightly delayed. But that's all there is. All the expression lies in the things I just named and in the way notes are arranged, the timbral quality of the sound doesn't change and I have heard a piano note a million times already. I think the guitar for example offers a bigger range of timbres, but it still always sounds like a guitar. I want new sounds. I think an a bit more unusual and/or new instrument can offer that, then combining that with digital processing might yield interesting results. I'm also not a fan of buying a bunch of gear, mostly because I simply can't afford that, but also because I think that there is so much you can get out of software that for me personally most hardware synths seem superfluous

Send nudes MIDI

Edited by dingformung

6 hours ago, dingformung said:

It's a deep instrument, it requires skill, body control, focus and a lot of knowledge to play properly to admittedly make beautiful music with, but I am more interested in timbres and the variation of them than in mathematically structured notes, and the piano can't offer that. You can dampen the sound with one pedal and add reverb with the other one and you can vary the loudness and length of notes, also you can vary the tempo at which you play or play notes that are at the same place slightly delayed. But that's all there is. All the expression lies in the things I just named and in the way notes are arranged, the timbral quality of the sound doesn't change and I have heard a piano note a million times already. I think the guitar for example offers a bigger range of timbres, but it still always sounds like a guitar. I want new sounds. I think an a bit more unusual and/or new instrument can offer that, then combining that with digital processing might yield interesting results. I'm also not a fan of buying a bunch of gear, mostly because I simply can't afford that, but also because I think that there is so much you can get out of software that for me personally most hardware synths seem superfluous

Send nudes MIDI

Have you ever heard of prepared piano? Your lack of understanding in regard of this matter just reveals your level of ignorance towards music in general, and that's unacceptable on a music forum... If i was you i would start considering thinking what your gonna post next cause what you've been posting lately is total cringe... I'm just gonna put you on ignore cause i think that's the best for both of us... 

• Facepalm 1