IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

49 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Nope he’s right, that’s how it works. If you have wifi bars on it’s using wifi not data, like my screenshot here to the right of the Rogers thing top left. 

2D83F629-644F-4368-8C7F-3E4BD3BABEAC.png

Wifi automatically supersedes data use.

If this works for me I'm going to be so happy!

43 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

What are rogers? 

I’d tell you but I’d rather show you :catbed:

16 minutes ago, yekker said:

If this works for me I'm going to be so happy!

Totes! At least with my iPhone that’s how it works. It goes wifi > bluetooth > data. If either wifi or Bluetooth are on data never gets touched.

That reminds me - SFWP: I ran out of data for the first time ever a few delivery shifts ago (bad timing).  So I bought a bit more, not having any idea how much X mb would cover.  Ran out a couple of days later and had to buy even more!  Hopefully it'll last until the 15th.  I blame instagram.

20 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

That reminds me - SFWP: I ran out of data for the first time ever a few delivery shifts ago (bad timing).  So I bought a bit more, not having any idea how much X mb would cover.  Ran out a couple of days later and had to buy even more!  Hopefully it'll last until the 15th.  I blame instagram.

Thankfully Wattem isn't that data intensive...

I've spent 2 days getting briefed and helping a client figure out how to approach a project for... let's just say... an internet company people use every single day unless they use Bing. After two days of this I'm told that I'm not allowed to work on it because I'm a freelancer and therefore not covered by the NDA my client signed. My client repeatedly tells them they need me for this project. Not-Bing refuses to let me work on it. My client then comes up with a plan that allows me to work on it without Not-Bing knowing. I'm just about to get started and then my client - for some fucking reason - decides to tell Not-Bing that I'll be working on it anyways. I bet you can imagine how that went over (poorly). So now I'm supposed to pass on my processes, knowledge etc. to someone else and I end up with nothing. 
What a load of shit.

Twat/Cunt radar is malfunctioning.

The difference between a twat and a cunt is level of self awareness so you have a spectrum that goes from massive twat with no self awareness through bit of a twat, then bit of a cunt, through to self realized awful, awful cunt.  Generally speaking twats are mostly harmless whereas cunts are cunts.  However, it can sometimes be easier to reason with a cunt through an appeal to self-interest, whereas twats can be twats.  I'm dealing with a few twats and cunts at the moment and having problems placing them on the spectrum, thereby knowing the best way of dealing with them.  There's nothing worse than thinking you're dealing with a massive twat, only to realize too late that they are in fact a massive cunt and I'd like to avoid that problem.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 2

56 minutes ago, kakapo said:

Twat/Cunt radar is malfunctioning.

The difference between a twat and a cunt is level of self awareness so you have a spectrum that goes from massive twat with no self awareness through bit of a twat, then bit of a cunt, through to self realized awful, awful cunt.  Generally speaking twats are mostly harmless whereas cunts are cunts.  However, it can sometimes be easier to reason with a cunt through an appeal to self-interest, whereas twats can be twats.  I'm dealing with a few twats and cunts at the moment and having problems placing them on the spectrum, thereby knowing the best way of dealing with them.  There's nothing worse than thinking you're dealing with a massive twat, only to realize too late that they are in fact a massive cunt and I'd like to avoid that problem.

TWATMM aporoves!

:cisfor:

SFWP: I made myself a salami/ham/grilled cheese sandwich (I know, don't judge me) for lunch. Get it on my plate right out of the oven and start wolfing it down cus I'm really hungry. On the first or second bite, I pull a slice of scorching hot salami that, in my haste to feed myself, I havent't properly bitten through from under the scorching hot cheese with my teeth, and for a very long second it hangs there, burning my lower lip and my chin, while I'm paralyzed, not wanting to let go, because it's FOOD, you know, it's MY PREY, and then the pain jolts me back to life, and I make this surprised, wounded, complely animal-like sound, like GAAAHOWAAARGH and spit it out, and then I'm very embarassed even though no one is around to hear or see that shit.

Civilisation is a thin veneer, my friends, a thin veneer indeed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Burger 1

16 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Yeh, they're terrible here. No real loyalty rewards or anything. I've been with Rogers now since I was maybe... 13 or 14? (had a pay as you go razr back in the day lol). And I still have to pay $165 a month for my 2 phones.

it's infuriating knowing that the big 3 (thanks to the CRTC) are holding the Canadian population hostage when it comes to paying out the ass for cell phone packages. I was with Telus and think I was paying $70-$80/month for 1 phone? and it was a crap plan at that. down here, as I'm sure you've heard, cell plans are dirt cheap. hate to rub it in, but I pay $50/month for 2 phones with unlimited talk/text and 10gb data on no contract. 

Featured-Image-Cropped-7.jpg

9 hours ago, Squee said:

I've spent 2 days getting briefed and helping a client figure out how to approach a project for... let's just say... an internet company people use every single day unless they use Bing. After two days of this I'm told that I'm not allowed to work on it because I'm a freelancer and therefore not covered by the NDA my client signed. My client repeatedly tells them they need me for this project. Not-Bing refuses to let me work on it. My client then comes up with a plan that allows me to work on it without Not-Bing knowing. I'm just about to get started and then my client - for some fucking reason - decides to tell Not-Bing that I'll be working on it anyways. I bet you can imagine how that went over (poorly). So now I'm supposed to pass on my processes, knowledge etc. to someone else and I end up with nothing. 
What a load of shit.

I have a friend that did some freelance work for Not Bing years ago and said it was a shitty process.