IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

3 hours ago, zero said:

I went to Lawrence once...some club/bar called Jake's or abe's I think...maybe next to some river? Suppose I could google it. Saw DJ Krush play there back in like '03

Haha, Abe & Jake's Landing next to the Kaw river, March 08, 2003:)

I didn't go there that night, I was heading down to WMC '03 a couple weeks later

Took my gf/wife to her first rave:) Miami-Flyer-2003.thumb.jpg.aab930bd284d2e5c25ad0f7c4c07ee83.jpg

• Like 1

Ok, so I'm working on this sort of top secret, high-profile project for which I've signed an NDA. At lunch, I'm talking to my significant other about it at length, sort of talking myself into a hissy fit because the person who's handling it on the other side is making a mess of it, sending me tiny chunks of information that are individsually encrypted so I have to download them from a server and a new password has to be generated every single time for the download as well as for opening the file, so this person has sent me like 30 passwords over the last couple of weeks. I'm showing my lady friend the conversation consisting of just passwords, ranting and moaning about the whole damn thing. I then go to my study, and when I sit down, I see that I've inadvertently called the person in question, presumably when I showed my partner all the texts. The time of the call has been over four minutes, spanning the whole of the conversation. Here's the thing though: The little arrow indicating an outgoing call is red, not green, which should mean that the call has not been picked up. But why has it been going on for over four minutes then? Has my rant ended up as a fucking timebomb on their voicemail, or would the arrow be green if that was the case? And if their voicemail was switched off or whatever, why has the (unanswered) call been going on for over four minutes? Is that normal?

My life is a fucking sitcom.

• Farnsworth 1

10 hours ago, diatoms said:

sorry to hear that.

can you still use it without water?

I was kicked out of a pipe/smoke/bong store for saying the word bong in Orlando 2008

She was like "What Did You Say?" "Uh...... bong?" "I'm gonna have ta ask ya to leave now" "Really?" "Really"      Ha:)

I wonder if you can say bong in the store now that medical cannabis is in florida

I can still use it if I put some food-grade sealant over the crack.  It's right where the bowl stem connects to the base.  I'll try repairing it today and report back.  It's unfortunately too late to return it, if you know what I mean.

6 hours ago, diatoms said:

I didn't go there that night, I was heading down to WMC '03 a couple weeks later

Took my gf/wife to her first rave:) Miami-Flyer-2003.thumb.jpg.aab930bd284d2e5c25ad0f7c4c07ee83.jpg

I was listening to some old breaks yesterday while running and was wondering if breakbeat/breaks music was still a thing..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, diatoms said:

Love seeing old flyers like this....from the UK/European names it I would have guessed its from 1996/97 at the latest, so surprised its 2003.

Also somewhat sceptical of the projected R1 Essential mix listening figures. 6M people ??  Now my early dance music education was mostly through the essential mix, one could even say from 93 - 98 it was Essential even but thats a tenth of the UK population. 

8 hours ago, drillkicker said:

I can still use it if I put some food-grade sealant over the crack.  It's right where the bowl stem connects to the base.  I'll try repairing it today and report back.  It's unfortunately too late to return it, if you know what I mean.

Life hacks

812rjs0H3eL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

2 hours ago, Tim_J said:

Life hacks

812rjs0H3eL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I got some waterproof pipe tape at the store today since they didn't have any food grade silicone and it does not work.  The part that's cracked is very difficult to tape because of the angles and curves, so I will have to wait for some sealant to come in the mail.

• Farnsworth 1

On 9/23/2020 at 7:32 PM, ignatius said:

spent 30 minutes looking at tactical shotguns and they're all sold out or on backorder. hmm. 

Are you ordering a shotgun online? They deliver shotguns?

58 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Are you ordering a shotgun online? They deliver shotguns?

i was browsing but i've thought about getting one a few times. I went shooting in the woods with friends long ago and the shotguns were the most fun. as for online ordering.. i don't know.. i don't think in oregon.. but i know in other states you can buy on line. maybe it's possible here too but i haven't looked in it too hard. In no pandemic times there's a gun show every month at the local expo center. there's gun stores all over too but I've never been to one. my friend in southern washington said the gun store near him has a line down the block for months. i'm sure they're not letting the place fill up with customers due to social distancing but a line every day for that long seems weird. I think ammo sales are at 1000 percent of normal or something dumb. that's typical of election year though. 

A "top posters in this thread" bar pops up randomly after the first post on this page, outing me as the second "top poster" of the thread, and it's making me self-conscious.  Also, it's a weird thing to scroll past every time.  Just looks awkward.

*meta page break.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

5 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I don’t get the popup to show the top posters but I’m guessing I’m by far the worst offender ?

Sorry about that 

i feel shame because i'm top poster in the "now that trump's president" thread.

2 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i feel shame because i'm top poster in the "now that trump's president" thread.

You have a lot of intelligent things to say though. No shame in that.

My claim to fame is thousands of contentless posts, at least a couple thousand of em in here bitching about my life ?

• Burger 1

I'm one of the top posters in the "describe your last shit with a movie title thread". With 123 posts, I'm one post in front of @yekker.

I think this should prolly go into "stupid first world achievements and successes" actually.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I don’t get the popup to show the top posters but I’m guessing I’m by far the worst offender ?

Sorry about that 

It looks like this.

dDFZOnK.png

40 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

You have a lot of intelligent things to say though. No shame in that.

My claim to fame is thousands of contentless posts, at least a couple thousand of em in here bitching about my life ?

@ignatius Yeah dude, you are one of my reliable sources. No shame in that.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Braintree said:

It looks like this.

dDFZOnK.png

I've seen a few people talking about it, but it's nowhere to be seen for me (on desktop or mobile)!

Zeph isn't as far off from me as I though, lol I'm going to take it easy in here for a  few weeks and let him take the SFWP Crown 

23 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I've seen a few people talking about it, but it's nowhere to be seen for me (on desktop or mobile)!

Zeph isn't as far off from me as I though, lol I'm going to take it easy in here for a  few weeks and let him take the SFWP Crown 

I don't see it on mobile either, but on desktop I think there's a little arrow on the right-hand side of that "Replies/Created/Last Reply" bar (if you get that at all) where you can roll it out.

• Like 1