IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

1 hour ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Zeph isn't as far off from me as I though, lol I'm going to take it easy in here for a  few weeks and let him take the SFWP Crown 

Finally I'll have accomplished something meaningful with my life.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Finally I'll have accomplished something meaningful with my life.

? tbh most of mine and your posts in here are prob supporting each other. Complementary sfwp posts. ?

Canada (tm)

1 minute ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

No no, it is who should be sorry, as a fellow Canadian showing apologetic solidarity.

Sorry

(commence Canadian sorry chain lol)

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

12 hours ago, chenGOD said:

What the fuck is this new look. I can't even get the old default theme to look right. And that popup is ridiculous.

part of JR's plan to boomerfy the site for the 40+ crowd. make it more visually accessible for all our ageing eyeballs

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2020 at 9:35 AM, dingformung said:

can't find the prodoction tops thread

1770980737_ScreenShot2020-09-27at00_35_38.png.227f417e1880f3f837d8771fdc58c457.png

Looks like someone has tried to trotsky the prodoction tops topic. Probably one of the feautured artists that felt too many sacred tops have been disclosed and then attempted to distract us with a, admittedly very valuable and informative but much more general, wikihow on producing IDM music. 

• Sad 1

after so many posts or time  has passed on a thread

hiding or deleting said thread shouldn't be up to the op, got me?

free the tips

• Like 2

getting mentally prepared to have my healthcare taken away by year's end. then the overwhelmingly stressful attempts at figuring out how to get my necessary cancer drug w/o having sell my house and move into a trailer park or something. 

edit: i'd say there's around 50/50 or better chance that when/if the new supreme court judge gets pushed in the ACA will be gonners. arguments are scheduled to begin Nov. 10th. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Sad 4

23 hours ago, ignatius said:

getting mentally prepared to have my healthcare taken away by year's end. then the overwhelmingly stressful attempts at figuring out how to get my necessary cancer drug w/o having sell my house and move into a trailer park or something. 

edit: i'd say there's around 50/50 or better chance that when/if the new supreme court judge gets pushed in the ACA will be gonners. arguments are scheduled to begin Nov. 10th. 

Move to Canada ASAP?

5 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Move to Canada ASAP?

border is closed still i think.. but anyway.. it's not a trivial thing to become a resident in canada. If i can find my cancer drug at the actual rate that my insurance companies pays it'll be doable. It lists for $14,000 for 1 month supply but in searches it shows up for $200 at coscto which i'm not sure is actually true.. but it's something like $3500 for a year supply in canada. so, theoretically i could go to canada every 2 months and buy my medication. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

the whole stem snapped off my bong

the whole stem

why

Ever considered making your own bong? Having the chillum of your broken one makes things easier, I think. I know that it's possible to make a good bong from bamboo but I have made provisional ones from plastic bottles, too. Is there no headshop in your area where you can get a proper one for cheap?

The only headshop near me price-gouges like crazy.  No bongs there for under $100 as far as I remember.  At the moment I have some food-grade silicone drying on my current piece so we'll see how that does.  Grasscity said they'd contact me about replacing it, too.

We have a ton of bamboo where I live so it would be very easy for me to that route.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

The only headshop near me price-gouges like crazy.  No bongs there for under $100 as far as I remember.  At the moment I have some food-grade silicone drying on my current piece so we'll see how that does.  Grasscity said they'd contact me about replacing it, too.

We have a ton of bamboo where I live so it would be very easy for me to that route.

damn. seems like you could order one online somewhere in CA for cheap? 

46 minutes ago, ignatius said:

It lists for $14,000 for 1 month supply but in searches it shows up for $200 at coscto which i'm not sure is actually true.. but it's something like $3500 for a year supply in canada. so, theoretically i could go to canada every 2 months and buy my medication. 

I have a friend who travels to the States once every several months to get a medication she can't buy here.  She was able to get over the border to do it last month.  So I was under the impression the border is still open (though I think it should be closed.  'Nuff cross-contamination already).

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 1

f3212cf1205eb2ba7a4612ea19f07b71.jpg + 000515357_1000_787.jpg

1. use a lighter to open up a hole for the chillum
  2. stick the chillum while the plastic is still melting so that it fits proper sealed
  3. open a little hole for your finger
  4. fill with water
  5. take the top cap
  6. get baked
  7. discard of bottle
  8. rinse and repeat
Edited by Tim_J

From a European perspective it's so fucked up to see people struggling for their access to healthcare in the US. Really something that I hope Biden might reform if he gets into power. This lack of universal healthcare really doesn't benefit anybody, after all. Or who is the profiteer of that situation? I think there is none

Edited by dingformung
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

damn. seems like you could order one online somewhere in CA for cheap? 

That's how I ended up with a broken bong in the first place.  Postage and glass do not like each other.

57 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

f3212cf1205eb2ba7a4612ea19f07b71.jpg + 000515357_1000_787.jpg

1. use a lighter to open up a hole for the chillum
  2. stick the chillum while the plastic is still melting so that it fits proper sealed
  3. open a little hole for your finger
  4. fill with water
  5. take the top cap
  6. get baked
  7. discard of bottle
  8. rinse and repeat

Thanks, but I'm just using my pipe for now.  It's rough and unpleasant, but it gets the job done.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1