IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

On 10/26/2020 at 2:19 PM, Braintree said:

My kyboar i ying ?

The keyboard for my main computer started doing weird shit yesterday (some keys not working, the volume up button makes youtube videos skip to the end, etc) and so had to order a new one. FWP², since the keyboard is so old Apple doesn't sell them anymore. Had to a get a wired knockoff version.

23 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Delivered food to someone who I used to be very good friends with in high school and for a while after, who I haven't seen in years... but I just left the food at his door and hurried out of sight because I am a coward. (99% sure it was him, because same name, same distinctive voice on the intercom, and same area that he's been living for many years.)

Didn't know people do this.  I'm always excited as all heck to reconnect with old friends, but I'm also a chronic nostalgic.  My trouble is making new friends.

4 hours ago, Braintree said:

The keyboard for my main computer started doing weird shit yesterday (some keys not working, the volume up button makes youtube videos skip to the end, etc) and so had to order a new one. FWP², since the keyboard is so old Apple doesn't sell them anymore. Had to a get a wired knockoff version.

Post keyboard

Edited by drillkicker

15 minutes ago, yekker said:

Aren't those keyboards kinda shite anyway because the keys have no travel?

the older ones are good. the newer ones i don't know.. if they're like the laptop keyboards then they're shite for sure. 

21 hours ago, yekker said:

Aren't those keyboards kinda shite anyway because the keys have no travel?

I don't know. Mine was from 2013 or something. It's still a button. Has depth to it.

The keyboard from a 2017 Macbook Pro is pure fucking shit. It's a slight upgrade from trying to type on a tablet.

10 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

Why'zit so god damn hard to lose weight once we hit our 30s

I just came here to say I’ve gained some weight ?

So easy to gain, so hard to lose these days. Metabolism slowing down.

10 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I just came here to say I’ve gained some weight ?

So easy to gain, so hard to lose these days. Metabolism slowing down.

Yep. Well I've definitely been gaining muscle lately, so that may attribute to hampering of overall weight loss. And as an additional FWP I've been sore af lately because of it.

But yeah. Our bodies generally become less efficient with age.

Edited by ambermonke

I'm worried I've totally fucked up my back due to having to screech on the brakes yesterday.  Rush hour, changing lanes, light turned yellow as I was shoulder checking, car in front of me stopped.  FUCK!  Fractions of seconds --> inches away from life altering scenario.  My reflexes were barely good enough.  But now there are certain positions my back hates.  Really hoping it's something that will heal with time, but I'm at that awkward age where chronic back pain is all the rage.

• Sad 1

It happened again.  In a way I was lucky as I couldn't get to the toilet in time, which meant I was fully clothed and it was contained.  I blame nominative determinism.

• Burger 1

I bought a bottle of 90 allergy pills yesterday despite the fact that I need to save money, and my cat just spilled them all over the floor, along with a cup of water, creating a puddle of melting loratidine.  In the aftermath, I destroyed my broom and a part of my vacuum cleaner.  Looks like stuffy nose, scratchy throat and eyes, and no hearing for me until December.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, kakapo said:

It happened again.  In a way I was lucky as I couldn't get to the toilet in time, which meant I was fully clothed and it was contained.  I blame nominative determinism.

blame IBS. or it could be your thyroid. or allergies.. collitis or something. 

DHL lost a package I sent out. Now I’m out a delay pedal *and* 50 bucks.

Where this gets problematic is that DHL has stopped replying to my emails about when they’re going to pay me back - something they have to do because I was smart enough to insure the package.

Apparently they’re “busy”.

For more than a month now.

• Sad 3

guy comes by to pick up some old speakers his former girlfriend had left at my place a while back

i offer to help him transport them to his loft because it's only a few blocks away

turns out he's some sort of new age self help guru

immediately starts trying to talk me into taking his course on how to channel healing sound frequencies

keeps texting my phone to invite me to his weekly meditation & prayer sessions

smdh why do cult leaders assume that just because i play synthesizers i have any interest in healing ppl

• Haha 1

Why do they make toilet brushes out of such harsh material? I appreciate that they will last longer and are easier to clean, but after the week I've had the chafing is getting unbearable.

• Like 1