IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Bit concerned about this sore throat.  The Covid test was negative - great.  But this throat thing isn't like ones I've had in the past.  Normally they're bad in the morning or night and disappear until the next morning.  They fluctuate, and they're usually accompanied by other cold symptoms.  But this one is continuous, and there's no coughing/congestion/anything else to indicate I'm sick.  It also went from being just a background annoyance to one that's really making its presence known in the last couple hours.  Warm tea does not soothe.  Ffffffffuuu :wtf:

3 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Bit concerned about this sore throat.  The Covid test was negative - great.  But this throat thing isn't like ones I've had in the past.  Normally they're bad in the morning or night and disappear until the next morning.  They fluctuate, and they're usually accompanied by other cold symptoms.  But this one is continuous, and there's no coughing/congestion/anything else to indicate I'm sick.  It also went from being just a background annoyance to one that's really making its presence known in the last couple hours.  Warm tea does not soothe.  Ffffffffuuu :wtf:

I think strep is going around - I’ve heard of quite a few people that have had it in recent weeks! Feel better man I can’t stand brutal sore throats, hard to eat and swallow, always uncomfortable ?

I meant to say I hope you feel better soon. 

Happy the covid test came back negative.

strep is always going around somewhere. 

but if sore throat w/no fever, no aches, no loss of taste/smell then it's unlikely it's covid. you'd know i think. 

one of my nephews had it a couple weeks ago. young guy. 25 i think. said he had a fever and felt like shit for about 6 hours then it went away. but he didn't test negative until a couple days ago. 

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

You probably have strep.  I had it earlier this year.  Do your tonsils look swollen ?

2 minutes ago, yekker said:

New kitteh's cat food is a special vet brand that is SUPER expensive and she needs it for the next 3 months. Oh well, no more buying vinyl and other stuff I guess. 

Ours are both on vet only food too (kidney stones) - I think it's about 200$ but a bag lasts a solid 3 months? 

Which brand did they prescribe? Also congrats on the new kitteh she's adorable. ❤️

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Ours are both on vet only food too (kidney stones) - I think it's about 200$ but a bag lasts a solid 3 months? 

Which brand did they prescribe? Also congrats on the new kitteh she's adorable. ❤️

Thanks! It's Purina veterinary diets kitten. Same brand for both wet and dry. I just picked up more and we're looking at 75 dollars but will last a couple weeks 

Edited by yekker
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, yekker said:

Thanks! It's Purina veterinary diets kitten. Same brand for both wet and dry. I just picked up more and we're looking at 75 dollars but will last a couple weeks 

The vet put us on royal canin - I wasn’t too sure because I read mixed things online about it (protein content and fillers etc) but they’ve done really well on it. Wow is that ever pricy for a couple weeks! But I get it - the early stages of development are so important. ?

3 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Ugh... probably.  I don't know what they look like normally though.

Look for two lobes between the uvula and the back of the throat, right and left of the throat opening.  If they're swollen, then they will be very visible.  Inflamed tonsils will have a little bit of grey/white spots on the surface.  If your throat soreness is localized primarily in one of these two spots, and it's a sharp pain that is worse when you swallow, then yo very likely have strep.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

The vet put us on royal canin - I wasn’t too sure because I read mixed things online about it (protein content and fillers etc) but they’ve done really well on it. Wow is that ever pricy for a couple weeks! But I get it - the early stages of development are so important. ?

Yeah, she's worth it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drillkicker said:

Look for two lobes between the uvula and the back of the throat, right and left of the throat opening.  If they're swollen, then they will be very visible.  Inflamed tonsils will have a little bit of grey/white spots on the surface.  If your throat soreness is localized primarily in one of these two spots, and it's a sharp pain that is worse when you swallow, then yo very likely have strep.

Yeah sounds like strep throat. I had it years ago. Ibuprofen and antibiotics were a godsend.

5 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Ugh... probably.  I don't know what they look like normally though.

you can get swabbed for strep and it's a rapid test. they get results while you wait. takes like 7 minutes or something. you should go get swabbed. strep can turn into scarlet fever if left untreated. scarlet fever can be deadly. 

i've had strep so many times in my life. the sick always went to my tonsils. last time was about 2006 i think. i felt exhausted and i could feel my tonsils in my ears.  they were gigantic and had funky junk on them. ugly. 

if you do test positive for strep see if you can get the Zmax antobiotics. it's the entire course of antibiotics in one dose. it's powder you dissolve in water and drink. i did that and the next day i was already on the mend. night and day. otherwise they give you the Z-pak which is a 5 or 10 day treatment of pills. 

hope you feel better. 

I think I'm going slightly insane and very irritated by this pneumatic pick hammer idiot starting his workday at 7am 6 days a week, going on for 8 hours a day. The terrain here is pure rock, and yet some idiots decided to build two houses there. It wakes me up every morning in the worst possible way and I have used up all my patience and zen state. I can't, I just can't deal with it anymore. Even the earplugs don't help. This construction site is 50 meters from my window. This racket has been going on for almost a year now. I can't listen to music, or work. I honestly thought about sabotaging his machine.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, cichlisuite said:

I think I'm going slightly insane and very irritated by this pneumatic pick hammer idiot starting his workday at 7am 6 days a week, going on for 8 hours a day. The terrain here is pure rock, and yet some idiots decided to build two houses there. It wakes me up every morning in the worst possible way and I have used up all my patience and zen state. I can't, I just can't deal with it anymore. Even the earplugs don't help. This construction site is 50 meters from my window. This racket has been going on for almost a year now. I can't listen to music, or work. I honestly thought about sabotaging his machine.

That sucks

9 hours ago, Tim_J said:

i ain't got no tonsils...

That's hot

13 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

All I've had to drink today is one cup of coffee, but I've peed enough to fill maybe 3 pots worth.  So much unwanted pee. ?️

countdown to dehydration caffeine headache... 

• Like 1
  • Burger 1