IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I think my body's so used to dehydration that it just accepts it as normal.  No headaches for me ever, unless I go for several hours after waking up without coffee (but that never happens, except for the one time that it did - lesson learned).  

• Like 1

Is this some weird by-effect of Canada having a better healthcare system than the US? Where you willingly abuse your body as if to taunt your neighbours? “I’ll just get a new pair of kidneys, eh.” 

• Haha 1

Could be.  

I did end up getting a mild head ache as it so turns out, but that was after drinking a few cups of some healthy blended fruit smoothie (my one wholesome addiction).  It was probably more thanks to singing the same song 30 times over + sleep deprivation.

23 hours ago, Berk said:

ugh they still didn't get rid of those soundcloud bots, really?

soundcloud's basically the music scene equivalent of one of those completely sealed terrariums with a small self-sustaining ecosystem inside, which can thrive for decades without any human interaction. Botcomments, botartists. I'd like to nominate Soundcloud slowly becoming 100% bots & developing musical sentience for Most IDM 2020

5 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I think my body's so used to dehydration that it just accepts it as normal.  No headaches for me ever, unless I go for several hours after waking up without coffee (but that never happens, except for the one time that it did - lesson learned).  

I have a weirdly low need for water, I think because I fast a lot. Basically I'll drink it if I've eaten food in the last twelve hours, or it's summer, or I've been sweating - but if it's winter & I'm fasting a lot I can go an extremely long time without. Like for instance rn I've been dry fasting for two days & my urine's still completely clear, no headache etc etc. I used to drink more water during fasts because I felt socially obligated, but it would all just pass out of me in about half an hour & then I'd feel physically worse (due to draining all my electrolytes)

Edited by Cryptowen
  • Farnsworth 1

My latest electric bill was just under $300. And this is under a different electric company that bought out my previous one, so I was basically forced to create an account with them. 

Edited by ambermonke

13 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

My latest electric bill was just under $300. And this is under a different electric company that bought out my previous one, so I was basically forced to create an account with them. 

That’s pretty damn high! Just for electricity? Like not your gas/water/garbage/recycling/compostetc too? ?

2 hours ago, ambermonke said:

wtf that's crazy. my electricity bill at it's highest in the summer when running central AC a lot is only around $120. 

On 11/27/2020 at 7:03 AM, Cryptowen said:

I have a weirdly low need for water, I think because I fast a lot. Basically I'll drink it if I've eaten food in the last twelve hours, or it's summer, or I've been sweating - but if it's winter & I'm fasting a lot I can go an extremely long time without. Like for instance rn I've been dry fasting for two days & my urine's still completely clear, no headache etc etc. I used to drink more water during fasts because I felt socially obligated, but it would all just pass out of me in about half an hour & then I'd feel physically worse (due to draining all my electrolytes)

It's illegal to fast this week where I live.

But I would recommend drinking mineral water instead.  It'll keep you hydrated without taking anything out of you.

24 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Sounds abnormal to me.

yeah what up wit dat

also yeah mineral water is good stuff! i also tend to consume lots of various kinds of salt (including potassium salt, baking soda, etc) as a way of keeping my electrolytes up (in my understanding thirst feelings are often triggered by mineral depletion, rather than any great need for actual liquid itself)

20 minutes ago, yekker said:

It appears that my eyebrows are thinning. Just another sign of aging.

i've noticed my eyebrows are getting exponentially thicker & wispier the last few months. pretty sure on my 30th birthday in three months i'm just going to morph into a middle-aged east european man

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

This week is a holiday in America that is celebrated by insufflating Olympian quantities of solid matter.

Thanksgiving was a while ago in Canada, so I did not make the connection.  But there was that turkey pardoning thing this week, which should have tipped me off.

FWP: avoiding people due to sickness after avoiding people due to depression has created sufficient enough isolation for me to feel as though my mind is beginning to crack.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

That’s pretty damn high! Just for electricity? Like not your gas/water/garbage/recycling/compostetc too? ?

Yeah, just for electric. Gas gets billed separately by a different company, but the rest is taken care of by the condo association I think (except for recycling - I have to do my own recycle runs). But my gas bills never reach $30/mo.

7 hours ago, ignatius said:

wtf that's crazy. my electricity bill at it's highest in the summer when running central AC a lot is only around $120. 

Weird. Seems to be the opposite trend here. The electric bill in the middle of summer tends to be as low as the $30-40 range. But then again most buildings here don't have AC due to a milder summer climate. I guess it's the heating that sucks up most of the energy.

5 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

Yeah, just for electric. Gas gets billed separately by a different company, but the rest is taken care of by the condo association I think (except for recycling - I have to do my own recycle runs). But my gas bills never reach $30/mo.

Weird. Seems to be the opposite trend here. The electric bill in the middle of summer tends to be as low as the $30-40 range. But then again most buildings here don't have AC due to a milder summer climate. I guess it's the heating that sucks up most of the energy.

My god man that’s savage! I’m sorry to hear that. Is it much worse than the original company that got bought out? 

Our monthly bill is usually $260usd but that’s electric+ everything else I mentioned. ?

Given your location I imagine you don’t have much of a choice for service providers. Ugh

Just now, Hugh Mughnus said:

My god man that’s savage! I’m sorry to hear that. Is it much worse than the original company that got bought out? 

Our monthly bill is usually $260usd but that’s electric+ everything else I mentioned. ?

Given your location I imagine you don’t have much of a choice for service providers. Ugh

Yeah there's pretty much a monopoly here now on electric. It's bullsh...but I don't think the previous company was much better tbh

Latest FWP is that my latest dank meme dump was mostly half-assed. Oh well.

8 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

Yeah there's pretty much a monopoly here now on electric. It's bullsh...but I don't think the previous company was much better tbh

Latest FWP is that my latest dank meme dump was mostly half-assed. Oh well.

How’s your cell phone bill? Canadians get royally f’ed for mobile services here, iirc it’s the most expensive country on earth. $170 a month for us just for our cell phones, another $170/month for cable and Internet.? same type of deal as your electric, a few huge companies own the infrastructure and lease it out to third party service providers for huge money.

Not making a contest lol just sharing 

5 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

100% relate to this

Sorry to hear you're in a similar place.

Also, I never got sick for the last 3 years, and now that I'm finally taking precautions to avoid sickness I'm finally getting sick.  Fuck you, irony.

• Sad 2

Just now, Hugh Mughnus said:

How’s your cell phone bill? Canadians get royally f’ed for mobile services here, iirc it’s the most expensive country on earth. $170 a month for us just for our cell phones, another $170/month for cable and Internet.? same type of deal as your electric, a few huge companies own the infrastructure and lease it out to third party service providers for huge money.

Not making a contest lol just sharing 

Oof. Mine is about 195/mo but it includes internet.

Bigger fish eating the smaller fish when it comes to capitalism these days, but I digress.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Sorry to hear you're in a similar place.

Also, I never got sick for the last 3 years, and now that I'm finally taking precautions to avoid sickness I'm finally getting sick.  Fuck you, irony.

could be stress. stress is taxing on the immune system. might be ticking you over the edge on the inside. 

• Farnsworth 1