Guest KY

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

8 hours ago, yekker said:

When you watch a movie and the dialogue is super quiet so you turn the movie up hella, and then an action scene comes on and it's super loud and you have to fumble for the remote to turn it down.. Drives me crazy.

+1000. can't stand this. especially if you're trying to watch something late at night, when other household members are sleeping. have to keep the remote easily reachable at all times. never bothered me before when I lived alone though.

• Like 1

lol...I posted in this thread earlier about our new dog. I was reading online about this breed and came across this:

History and Background

In the mid-19th Century, the Parson Russell Terrier descended from a dog known as Trump, which was owned by Devonshire’s Parson John Russell. As Parson Russell was enthusiastic about foxhunting, he decided to develop terriers thatcould dispatch and chase foxes, while matching the speed of horses. The line he developed became very successful and finally bore his name.

11 hours ago, yekker said:

When you watch a movie and the dialogue is super quiet so you turn the movie up hella, and then an action scene comes on and it's super loud and you have to fumble for the remote to turn it down.. Drives me crazy.

Shitty. I hope it gets better for you.

2 hours ago, zero said:

+1000. can't stand this. especially if you're trying to watch something late at night, when other household members are sleeping. have to keep the remote easily reachable at all times. never bothered me before when I lived alone though.

if you're watching on pc you can use bsplayer which itself uses ac3 filter for sound decoding in which you can use dynamic range compression avoiding those peaks... kinda like a compressor/maximizer...

• Like 1

Found out the person whose shop I run 15 days a month is planning on going to some secret/illegal festival next week. This is just another drop in the bucket that he’s been filling with his careless and stupid actions. He’s truly not a bad person but he is a fucking moron. Wanna kick him in the nuts rn. 

• Facepalm 3

Awww shiyeeet

wdrgd.png

driving on the freeway this morning a rock hit my windshield.. left a little divit and tiny spiderweb crack. ugh. 

schli.png.94743a6a7ff23607227314dabb293123.png

FWP: I wanna know the rest of the comment but it was deleted.

It was one of the comments of the century, now unfortunately lost in time thanks to the pathetic over moderation of that pitiful mumsnet community 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Schlitze said:

It was one of the comments of the century, now unfortunately lost in time thanks to the pathetic over moderation of that pitiful mumsnet community 

it's frustrating. i super roasted amoderator of the logic user group some years ago and those comments were deleted even though there was much lulz from other members of that prissy community where you can't refer to apple in a negative light in any way. 

we need an archive of the deleted! 😀

Serious All World Problem: Too many pedo rapists and creeps around and police has no chance to keep up with all these cases. Pedo rings have high ranking important people in them that can protect them, even have connections into the various national polices. Epstein is only one example, probably just the tip of the iceberg.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/world/germany-uncovers-pedophile-ring-of-30000/news-story/a61ce8dadc01c368a979bf658e17a531

Serious All World Problem: Too many pedo rapists and creeps around and police has no chance to keep up with all these cases. Pedo rings have high ranking important people in them that can protect them, even have connections into the various national polices. Epstein is only one example, probably just the tip of the iceberg.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/world/germany-uncovers-pedophile-ring-of-30000/news-story/a61ce8dadc01c368a979bf658e17a531

Where’d that Epstein thread go?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jul/31/underage-girl-forced-to-have-sex-with-prince-andrew-us-court-document-jeffrey-epstein

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, these types are our world leaders. No wonder the situation is pretty bad

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

driving on the freeway this morning a rock hit my windshield.. left a little divit and tiny spiderweb crack. ugh. 

now the fun part is thinking about it every time you get in the car, watching it grow, seeing how long you can hold out until you bite the bullet and shell out for a replacement... never understood those windshield fixer guys that sometimes hang out in parking lots, they don't fix shit.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ignatius said:

Where’d that Epstein thread go?

@Joyrex

7 minutes ago, zero said:

now the fun part is thinking about it every time you get in the car, watching it grow, seeing how long you can hold out until you bite the bullet and shell out for a replacement... never understood those windshield fixer guys that sometimes hang out in parking lots, they don't fix shit.

thankfully it's a state law that insurance has to cover it except for $100. other states mandate 100% coverage

5 hours ago, dingformung said:

@YouAssumeIncorrectly

12 hours ago, zero said:

Warner Bros. films are particularly egregious about this - if your streaming device/TV has a "reduce loud sounds" (the Apple TV does), turn that on for those programmes/films to reduce that effect.

It's dynamic audio. It's likely the audio was not compressed for the "home" version versus the theatrical version.

6 hours ago, Joyrex said:

@YouAssumeIncorrectly

Did you just assume my assumptions? 

12 hours ago, Braintree said:

It's dynamic audio. It's likely the audio was not compressed for the "home" version versus the theatrical version.

Yeah, it's like it needs to be normalized. 

3 minutes ago, yekker said:

Yeah, it's like it needs to be normalized. 

That won't help. It needs to compressed. Throw the video into an audio editor, compress it, and export the video again with the new audio.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Squee said:

That won't help. It needs to compressed. Throw the video into an audio editor, compress it, and export the video again with the new audio.

:watmm:

6 minutes ago, yekker said:

:watmm:

Shit, man. It's super easy and would solve your problem in matter of minutes. If you're on a Mac you can add new audio tracks to MP4s using Subler.

First world solution: Get a receiver with dynamic eq.

Just add some subtle plate reverb and then flange the shit out of that motherfucker. 

• Like 1