IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Got me phone swiped out my hand by a feral yout on a pushbike. Mad inconvenient.

I shouted CUNT and chased the cunt for 3 streets but didn't get close enough to kick his back wheel and kick the shit out of the little cunt.

I am now lumbered with 2 parallel phone contracts.

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, hello spiral said:

Got me phone swiped out my hand by a feral yout on a pushbike. Mad inconvenient.

I shouted CUNT and chased the cunt for 3 streets but didn't get close enough to kick his back wheel and kick the shit out of the little cunt.

I am now lumbered with 2 parallel phone contracts.

I read this in Dee Dee's voice

5 hours ago, MadameChaos said:

During the lockdown I keep buying plants. I'm very bad at plants, and plants will die. Yet I keep buying them.... curses.

I've been doing this with rugs lately

I re-entered the dating app scene and it's more alienating than it was the first time around.  If I had to guess a reason, I'd go with the age attached to my name.  Pretty sure I was right on the threshold of how old most people on there are willing to go, and now I'm past that by a couple (since I joined a month before my birthday the first time around... so while it's barely more than a year later, that's 2 years in app years).

for 3 or 4 days i slept at most 3 hours a night. just awful sleep. slept decent last night but woke at 5am or osmething to go pee. then i fell back asleep deeply.. and just as i was getting into a nice dream my phone rang and i had forgotten to turn off the ringer so it really rang and woke me up and that was that. sleep fucked again. slumbered through my grocery store trip and i'm sure later i'll realize i forgot some things. 

3 minutes ago, ignatius said:

for 3 or 4 days i slept at most 3 hours a night. just awful sleep. slept decent last night but woke at 5am or osmething to go pee. then i fell back asleep deeply.. and just as i was getting into a nice dream my phone rang and i had forgotten to turn off the ringer so it really rang and woke me up and that was that. sleep fucked again. slumbered through my grocery store trip and i'm sure later i'll realize i forgot some things. 

Try some CBD, brah.

46 minutes ago, ignatius said:

I've been taking melatonin for restless sleeps and it's helped tons but doesn't work for everybody. 

melatonin used to work long ago but now just works for a couple hours nad i wake up all speedy scrambled feeling. weed/cbd doesn't do it for me either. i wish it did. it used to when i was younger but now just causes pain in vrious forms. i miss smoking weed. 

i decided to just ignore it and roll w/the punches.. if i'm unable to sleep well i might as well stay up late and work music until i'm dead tired. so far i've managed to record 4 modular jams which will probably yield 4 or 5 songs once the editing is done.  but i've not been able to think through the max studies/tutorials ewll so i put that on hold until i'm more fuckn lucid. 

14 minutes ago, ignatius said:

melatonin used to work long ago but now just works for a couple hours nad i wake up all speedy scrambled feeling. weed/cbd doesn't do it for me either. i wish it did. it used to when i was younger but now just causes pain in vrious forms. i miss smoking weed. 

i decided to just ignore it and roll w/the punches.. if i'm unable to sleep well i might as well stay up late and work music until i'm dead tired. so far i've managed to record 4 modular jams which will probably yield 4 or 5 songs once the editing is done.  but i've not been able to think through the max studies/tutorials ewll so i put that on hold until i'm more fuckn lucid. 

Do you think your body has gotten used to the melatonin? I've probably been taking it two weeks now, small 1.5 gm gummies.

Edited by yekker

1 hour ago, yekker said:

Do you think your body has gotten used to the melatonin? I've probably been taking it two weeks now, small 1.5 gm gummies.

i guess so. i took it years ago and it worked for a month or two and then just made me feel kinda tweaked. i'd pass out then wake up in the middle of the night kinda speedy feeling. it's weird. 

7 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

Melatonin is only meant to be taken for a few weeks at a time, otherwise it messes up your body's natural system for producing it

that's all i've ever managed.. a few weeks here or there. 

10 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I re-entered the dating app scene and it's more alienating than it was the first time around.  If I had to guess a reason, I'd go with the age attached to my name.  Pretty sure I was right on the threshold of how old most people on there are willing to go, and now I'm past that by a couple (since I joined a month before my birthday the first time around... so while it's barely more than a year later, that's 2 years in app years).

yup I too experienced this. Past the age of 36 is the cutoff it seems. Radio silence.

Also most of the women I ended up seeing for a bit via apps all had 36 or 37 as their age but I would find out they were all past 40 irl.

• Sad 1

I just matched with a 26 yo, but she probably swiped me by accident.  I look much younger than my age, so I think some women give me the "okay" before reading the fine print, and then recoil in horror/ghost when they actually see it.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ignatius said:

melatonin used to work long ago but now just works for a couple hours nad i wake up all speedy scrambled feeling. weed/cbd doesn't do it for me either.

I get that also. melatonin/cbd/thc all help me get to sleep fairly quickly, but staying asleep is always the problem. waking up between 2-4am and then lying there for an hour or 2 happens all too frequently. then when I fall back asleep it's for like 30 minute intervals before I finally just decide to get up. it sucks having shitty sleep, but like you mentioned, you just get used to it and deal with it.

I think some time in the past month or so I actually made it all the way to 6am and I remember looking at the clock thinking "wow how did that happen?"

Sleep is a pretty appropriate fwp.

Ive never had trouble falling or staying asleep, its the waking up I just cannot do.  Im infinitely jealous of people who wake up easily and feeling refreshed.. for me its a half hour slog minimum of weakness and feeling shitty before i start to actually feel awake. Been like that most of my life, sometimes less or moreso than others, but generally doesnt improve even if i´ve been getting better or more sleep.  Its borderline disruptive to things in my life, but not quite enough to where ive sought out a doctor who specializes in such things.  Would be curious if anyone has success stories here..

Ever tried breathing exercises? They can immediately take away any speediness/nervous feelings/inner unrest, they can also help you wake up (or fall asleep). Just breathe very deeply (like 20 or 30 times) until you feel light-headed and your hands and feet start tingling, then stop breathing for like a minute or as long as you can hold it and try to slow down your heart beat, then inhale deeply once and hold it in for half a minute or so. Repeat if you so desire. After that you are chemically reset, sorta. Helps both with waking up and falling asleep, very healthy, boosts immune system, also stimulates the blood's ability to transport oxygen. Also, you should get all your health tips from IDM forums.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, zero said:

I get that also. melatonin/cbd/thc all help me get to sleep fairly quickly, but staying asleep is always the problem. waking up between 2-4am and then lying there for an hour or 2 happens all too frequently. then when I fall back asleep it's for like 30 minute intervals before I finally just decide to get up. it sucks having shitty sleep, but like you mentioned, you just get used to it and deal with it.

I think some time in the past month or so I actually made it all the way to 6am and I remember looking at the clock thinking "wow how did that happen?"

This is p much my situation too. V frustrating. I wake up at least twice a night. Here’s a typical night for me:

73879A59-9275-4685-ACA8-59B09D7E3016.png

4-6hrs, wake up at least twice. Then once a week I seem to crash for 8hrs uninterrupted sleep, my brain and body need to catch up. I found some dual layer melatonin pills (half fast release half slow) that put me out and keep me out. 10mg lol. But I can only take them occasionally.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

i did a sleep study a few weeks back. results were normal. can do the sleep study at home now.. don't have to go into a sleep lab. they give you a device to wear on your wrist, finger clip thing that is very snug, and a heart monitor sticky pad thing that i think only detects if you roll over. 

so, at least my not sleeping well is not from sleep apnea. 

not me, but a top hollywood talent agent, speaking about warner bros decision to release all their 2021 films on HBO Max at the same time as they premiere in theaters

Warners has made a grave mistake. Never have this many people been this upset with one entity.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/christopher-nolan-rips-hbo-max-as-worst-streaming-service-denounces-warner-bros-plan?

hopefully, someone will make a film documenting this serious tragedy in human history so it's never repeated in the future

7 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I just matched with a 26 yo, but she probably swiped me by accident.  I look much younger than my age, so I think some women give me the "okay" before reading the fine print, and then recoil in horror/ghost when they actually see it.

Or she could have actually been interested. But the uncertainty is vast.

Last I tried anything dating-related was on Zoosk back in August-September 2017. I did chat back and forth with one girl for about a week, but I think she lost interest as soon as I mentioned that I work weekends. And these days the very prospect of dating strangers feels extremely awkward to me, even though I'm taking much better care of myself physically than three years ago.

Completely unrelated FWP: There's all this new shit that I wanna learn but barely know anything about aside from the programs involved. But one thing to focus on right now is that I found a potential Adlib Soundblaster emulator VST plugin that is supposedly compatible with Reaper, and I already have a trial version of Reaper that I'm considering buying a license for now. But I haven't used it in months and feel like I need to watch tutorials first.

And I have major plans for a new YT channel starting late January, but I'm not entirely sure how to proceed. One thing at a time I guess.

3 hours ago, ambermonke said:

Or she could have actually been interested. But the uncertainty is vast.

Last I tried anything dating-related was on Zoosk back in August-September 2017. I did chat back and forth with one girl for about a week, but I think she lost interest as soon as I mentioned that I work weekends. And these days the very prospect of dating strangers feels extremely awkward to me, even though I'm taking much better care of myself physically than three years ago.

We matched just last night, so that door's still open.  She posts wicked art on the instagrams, which definitely has my interest piqued... I'm happy to just meet more cool, creative people, dating aspects aside.  But it's damn near impossible to get anyone to engage past a few opening messages.  It was so much easier a year ago for whatever reason, and I swear I'm not doing anything differently.  

Glad to hear you're taking better physical care of yourself.

• Like 1

I've been in the habit of waking up after 4 hours, lying awake for a couple before crashing and waking up mid afternoon.  It's a pretty depressing cycle tbh, especially with the gloomy weather of late.

Anybody here get good sleeps?  Seems a rare thing among most people.