IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

3 hours ago, drillkicker said:

I looked up "unbleached maraschino" and found a brand called Luxardo that advertises undyed,,, preservative-free maraschino cherries.

Just use a regular fucking cherry. Personally, a black cherry. It just tastes better.

With all the punctuation hubbub of late, I read that as "expressing his suicidal ideation in the comma book."  I imagine something along the lines of "I just can't get this comma vs semicolon vs period thing down, and I'm not sure it's worth it to go on..."  Was probably written by someone in this very thread.

Of course, suicidal ideation is no joking matter, and I hope they get the help they need.

I had to upgrade to a new iPhone because my 6S was finally on its last legs. Lots of issues syncing the content, yadda yadda... but today I realized that I can’t plug the phone’s audio jack into the car while I’m charging it (if I’m on a road trip, etc) because now it has only the one lightning port. My car has Bluetooth but when I connect and play music, it sounds like shit because using Bluetooth somehow bypasses the audio settings on my car’s stereo system (bass, treble, fade, etc). 
I can’t listen to any of my music with a flat EQ. Just can’t. Also I like having the fade a couple clicks in the rear speakers because it seems to match the feeling of headphones more, to my ear anyway. 
I’m at a loss as to what I should do ?

9 hours ago, drillkicker said:

Colons already have periods inside them by default.

Mine doesn't.

Seriously, though, you don't call the dots a colon is made of "periods". It's only called a period/full stop when it has the function of marking the end of a sentence. Otherwise they are just dots.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, drillkicker said:

I looked up "unbleached maraschino" and found a brand called Luxardo that advertises undyed,,, preservative-free maraschino cherries.

Luxardos are also like $25 a jar.

17 hours ago, chenGOD said:

I’m surprised you missed the key point @dingformung  (namely, I wasn’t wrong). Now it is I who is disappointed.

You're fighting for a lost cause. "Cause", get it?

Stupid First World Problem: I forgot to transfer money from my business account to my private account and maxed it out, so when I made an Amazon order and they tried to debit the sum, there was not enough money on it, and now my Amazon account is disabled, which feels disproportionately shameful, like I'm a social outcast, and I'm annoyed that of all my potential problems, this seems to be the one that bothers me the most. I guess it is sort of inconvenient though, with Christmas approaching and all the shops closed from tomorrow on due to lockdown.

Very Stupid First World Problem: Every time I peel an onion, there are those small scraps of onion peel that are almost lighter than air, so when I try to carry them over to the garbage on their plate or chopping board, a few of them will invariably float away, and I'll have to pick them up from the floor, which is incredibly annoying because a) it happens every stinking time, even though I'm turning in slo-mo and shuffling to the trashcan like I've just had a stroke, b) I feel like there should be an easy solution to it, and c) it appears I'm too set in my ways to change this excruciating routine. One must imagine Sisyphus feeling defeated.

Edited by IDEM

6 minutes ago, IDEM said:

Every time I peel an onion, there are those small scraps of onion peel that are almost lighter than air, so when I try to carry them over to the garbage on their plate or chopping board, a few of them will invariably float away, and I'll have to pick them up from the floor, which is incredibly annoying [...] I feel like there should be an easy solution to it

I feel you, brother. It's why I usually have a bowl next to my cutting board where I put the vegetable peelings that I later transfer to the garbage can/bin. It is the clean and safe way to do it, trust me. Preferably you start with the onion so the peel of the other vegetables is on top of the onion peel.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IDEM said:

You're fighting for a lost cause. "Cause", get it?

Stupid First World Problem: I forgot to transfer money from my business account to my private account and maxed it out, so when I made an Amazon order and they tried to debit the sum, there was not enough money on it, and now my Amazon account is disabled, which feels disproportionately shameful, like I'm a social outcast, and I'm annoyed that of all my potential problems, this seems to be the one that bothers me the most. I guess it is sort of inconvenient though, with Christmas approaching and all the shops closed from tomorrow on due to lockdown.

Very Stupid First World Problem: Every time I peel an onion, there are those small scraps of onion peel that are almost lighter than air, so when I try to carry them over to the garbage on their plate or chopping board, a few of them will invariably float away, and I'll have to pick them up from the floor, which is incredibly annoying because a) it happens every stinking time, even though I'm turning in slo-mo and shuffling to the trashcan like I've just had a stroke, b) I feel like there should be an easy solution to it, and c) it appears I'm too set in my ways to change this excruciating routine. One must imagine Sisyphus feeling defeated.

Never - I will fight against redundant linguistic prescription 'til my death. Except for the Oxford comma, some things are sacrosanct.

Peel your onions over the sink. Wet the leavings before you place in the compost. Alternatively, peel over a ziploc bag, and freeze the skins along with other vegetable bits you would usually cast away. After you've accumulated a sufficient amount, boil in water to make a vegetable stock (it takes a fair bit of vegetable leavings to do this, hence the freezing part). If you want to make bone broth (apparently it's all the rage), simply add a couple of leftover bones from whatever meat you happen to have eaten (chicken and beef work best).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I had to upgrade to a new iPhone because my 6S was finally on its last legs. Lots of issues syncing the content, yadda yadda... but today I realized that I can’t plug the phone’s audio jack into the car while I’m charging it (if I’m on a road trip, etc) because now it has only the one lightning port. My car has Bluetooth but when I connect and play music, it sounds like shit because using Bluetooth somehow bypasses the audio settings on my car’s stereo system (bass, treble, fade, etc). 
I can’t listen to any of my music with a flat EQ. Just can’t. Also I like having the fade a couple clicks in the rear speakers because it seems to match the feeling of headphones more, to my ear anyway. 

ditch apple and get one of the many great android phones with headphone or multiple I/O ports

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Never - I will fight against redundant linguistic prescription 'til my death.

ha, I was thinking "I wonder how far chen will go fighting some of this stuff on here." good to know you're in it 'till your grave.

and I remember back in the day when you would fight the good fight against guys like jswift, flapdoodle, and the rest of the cast of characters that have long since gone, and who used to act like they knew the answers to anything and everything. those were the watmm philosophical series days, back when the site had more naive twenty-something year old's as opposed to now, where we're much older and wiser...

54 minutes ago, zero said:

ha, I was thinking "I wonder how far chen will go fighting some of this stuff on here." good to know you're in it 'till your grave.

and I remember back in the day when you would fight the good fight against guys like jswift, flapdoodle, and the rest of the cast of characters that have long since gone, and who used to act like they knew the answers to anything and everything. those were the watmm philosophical series days, back when the site had more naive twenty-something year old's as opposed to now, where we're much older and wiser...

The problem here is that @chenGOD's grammatical explanations were very off, nonsensical even. Maybe for someone who has no clue about grammar whatsoever the things he wrote might have seemed as if he knew what he was talking about, but for everyone else it looked like a typical Dunning Kruger situation: He knows so little that he is incapable of seeing how little.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zero said:

good god man, i haven't heard those names in years. jswift was my first exposure to nlp and whatever that shit is called where guys wear hats and treat women like shit to try to fuck them and they think they're like wizards of the mind.

1 hour ago, iococoi said:

Wall Street Begins Trading Water Futures as a Commodity

"lol, Wall Street Water Futures would be a great name for a cloudrap instrumentals sideproject" he said, coughing up another  layer of the grey dust which was the airborne remains of the Earth's topsoil.

10 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

i upgraded to an X from an 6S a few months ago and yeah the lack of audio jack is really fucking annoying

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

good god man, i haven't heard those names in years. jswift was my first exposure to nlp and whatever that shit is called where guys wear hats and treat women like shit to try to fuck them and they think they're like wizards of the mind.

haha, yeah I remember he started out ok here, then went full on nut job by the time his watmm career came to an end. there were some very interesting philosophy discussions he and many others were involved with back then...shit, I was like in my early 20's and was totally into that stuff as well.

2 minutes ago, zero said:

haha, yeah I remember he started out ok here, then went full on nut job by the time his watmm career came to an end. there were some very interesting philosophy discussions he and many others were involved with back then...shit, I was like in my early 20's and was totally into that stuff as well.

those were good times my friend

• Like 1

11 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

There’s a belkin adapter that breaks out to a lightning port plus a minijack port so you can charge and play music simultaneously. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Alcofribas said:
7 hours ago, zero said:

I got into with jswift once where he was making the argument that writing music in a DAW like Logic was inferior to trackers because it goes from left to right.

That experience sometimes pops into my head and I get to laugh at how fucking stupid of an argument that is.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Braintree said:

I got into with jswift once where he was making the argument that writing music in a DAW like Logic was inferior to trackers because it goes from left to right.

That experience sometimes pops into my head and I get to laugh at how fucking stupid of an argument that is.

one that sticks with me that i read on here but idk who said it is that “snares date your music,” which still really blows my mind years later. 

• Like 1