IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

54 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

In-person shopping just before Xmas is a nightmare

i sent some cards. that was the extent of my xmas gift giving this year.  other than donation to local food bank. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stickfigger said:

There's an unstable woman who has an apparent obsession with me who likes me more than my wife does 

does she know where you live? rule of thumb.. never indulge the unstable. likely they'll get obsessed then the next thing  ya know they're pissed at you for having a GF and they kick in one of your front windows and drag the garden hose over from the front lawn into the broken window opening and turn it on. 

• Like 2

...I feel like you've brought this up here before at some point.  

I did recently give my address to a woman who seems like a bit of a wild card.  She's p cool though... seems like a genuinely good person.  But she drives like a fucking maniac and it scares me.

That's the coffee shop that wasn't able to put less milk into my friend's latte.

*not as in they forgot, as in they literally said it was impossible.

*on multiple occasions.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

We got hammered with about 10” of snow over the last 14hrs with another 3-5” expected in the next 7hrs lol. Lots of people are snowed in and won’t make it to work and I expect volume to be quite high today. 

my first gong show at the new job ?

4 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

We got hammered with about 10” of snow over the last 14hrs with another 3-5” expected in the next 7hrs lol. Lots of people are snowed in and won’t make it to work and I expect volume to be quite high today. 

my first gong show at the new job ?

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas!

It's been snowing here which is pretty festive, but apparently it's going up to like 11 degrees on Christmas Eve/Day (this has been an odd recurrance the last few years, it getting significantly warmer specifically the few days around Christmas & then plummeting again).

I bought some nice alcohol on a whim. I don't really drink at all but if felt like it'd be a way of marking the occassion (the only other stuff I have for food in my house currently is a mason jar full of salt, coffee, two cans of canned mackeral from the dollar store, sriacha, and duck fat). Currently have no plans. This may be the first Christmas of my life where I see no one! Although maybe I will make a special friend in the next 48h or so

1 hour ago, Cryptowen said:

(the only other stuff I have for food in my house currently is a mason jar full of salt, coffee, two cans of canned mackeral from the dollar store, sriacha, and duck fat).

Sounds like someone's planning the perfect cup of coffee.

• Haha 1

I guess boxing day isn't a stat holiday so my boss wants me to work but said I could come in on Sunday instead, so that's ok I guess. He said I need to give him two weeks notice when I want a day off except in the past I have just asked him whenever and he's usually cool about it. Seems a bit Scroogey to me. I kinda questioned this new rule of his when I talked to him and it pissed him off. The last thing I want for Christmas is unemployment. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, yekker said:

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas!

I'm not sure what the official numbers are, but by the time I left for work at noon it measured 43cm/17" on my deck (not a snow drift either, straight snow!). 

And it was still snowing until about 5 or 6pm? Apparently that's more than 1/3rd of Calgary's annual snowfall in like 24hrs. 

13 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I'm not sure what the official numbers are, but by the time I left for work at noon it measured 43cm/17" on my deck (not a snow drift either, straight snow!). 

And it was still snowing until about 5 or 6pm? Apparently that's more than 1/3rd of Calgary's annual snowfall in like 24hrs. 

That's pretty intense. Snow's nice for a while but too much is just a hassle. Build a snowman for me.

On 12/21/2020 at 11:24 AM, user said:

Trying to build a kernel module for my raspberry pi so it can use this old steinberg midex interface. I have no fucking clue what I'm doing and I'm pretty sure that even if I get it to work after copy/pasting commands into the terminal I will have learned nothing and won't be able to replicate it.  

You're trying to compile just a module by itself ?  You know you have to build modules with the kernel, right ?

Do you have the kernel sources, and if so, have you configured them to build the module you want ?

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

That sounds legit delicious tbh.

I've yet to hit up the eggnog this season.

I always wait on the eggnog until after the holidays and it starts getting cheaper.  Glühwein keeps me occupied until then.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, yekker said:

I guess boxing day isn't a stat holiday so my boss wants me to work but said I could come in on Sunday instead, so that's ok I guess. He said I need to give him two weeks notice when I want a day off except in the past I have just asked him whenever and he's usually cool about it. Seems a bit Scroogey to me. I kinda questioned this new rule of his when I talked to him and it pissed him off. The last thing I want for Christmas is unemployment. 

Yeah Boxing Day isn't a stat in BC. Kind of bullshit.

Maybe he's stressed cause of COVID?

• Like 1