IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

17 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

My sleep routine has been completely broken for the last 24 hrs. I literally stayed up all night for no good reason.

this is my pattern in recent weeks. stay up late not realizing it's 3am. have lousy sleep, wake at usual time.. plough through the day somehow and then do it again. been working on music at least. 

but yeah.. my sleep is fucked up for real. not sure what to do about it. last night was better but only because i was so overtired. 

• Like 2

One of the real upsides of 2020 is that the lack of external commitments has really freed me to just let my sleep schedule drift however it wants. which seems to translate to going to bed as soon as it gets dark, sleeping for about four hours, waking up shortly after midnight & feeling fine. and then once a week or so i also nap for a few hours in the afternoon if i feel like it. having a schedule that isn't regulated by a 24h cycle anymore feels weirdly more natural than normal ppl sleep for me

• Like 2

submerged in the IG video conversion nightmare again.  started by using different software I didn't realize I had... cool video effect options bro, but is there seriously only one option for the video format???  How is that your program design?????  WTF!!!!  *kills everything*

1 hour ago, Cryptowen said:

One of the real upsides of 2020 is that the lack of external commitments has really freed me to just let my sleep schedule drift however it wants. which seems to translate to going to bed as soon as it gets dark, sleeping for about four hours, waking up shortly after midnight & feeling fine. and then once a week or so i also nap for a few hours in the afternoon if i feel like it. having a schedule that isn't regulated by a 24h cycle anymore feels weirdly more natural than normal ppl sleep for me

People haven't always been sleeping the way we do today. In the Middle Ages, byphasical sleep was common; you'd go to bed at dusk, wake up in the middle of the night, muck about for a few hours, and then nod off again.

I think the worst thing you can do is put yourself under stress because you feel like you're not sleeping like you're "supposed to". Then again, that's easier said than done when you got stuff to do and places to be in the morning. But if your personal situation allows for it, it should be fine to just let your body pick its own rhythm.

• Like 2

When I walk on the sidewalk on any day when it's not snowing, people drive normally in their lanes.
As soon as there is slush on the road, they steer a bit to the middle as if to get some distance between the sidewalk and the car.
But the wheels hit the residue slush on the middle of the lane, squirting all that shit right onto my pants.

I was soaked when I got home.

15 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

When I walk on the sidewalk on any day when it's not snowing, people drive normally in their lanes.
As soon as there is slush on the road, they steer a bit to the middle as if to get some distance between the sidewalk and the car.
But the wheels hit the residue slush on the middle of the lane, squirting all that shit right onto my pants.

I was soaked when I got home.

that's what you get for wearing pants. 

• Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, IDEM said:

People haven't always been sleeping the way we do today. In the Middle Ages, byphasical sleep was common; you'd go to bed at dusk, wake up in the middle of the night, muck about for a few hours, and then nod off again.

I think the worst thing you can do is put yourself under stress because you feel like you're not sleeping like you're "supposed to". Then again, that's easier said than done when you got stuff to do and places to be in the morning. But if your personal situation allows for it, it should be fine to just let your body pick its own rhythm.

On this note - I'm working my first graveyard shift in my life. 9PM-5AM. It's only temporary but goddamn it's messing with me big time. =/

On 12/24/2020 at 3:58 PM, ignatius said:

feeling a rant about ambient music coming on and trying hell to resist venting about it because same complaints can lodged against any genre probably but ambient seems so stagnant

We were promised a rant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like my almost debilitating tiredness lately could be caused by taking too much melatonin. The positive thing is that I've been sleeping soundly and not waking up but I can't live like this I feel horrible...??

• Farnsworth 2

23 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

We were promised a rant.

it's passed for the moment, or was pushed aside by life, but i'm sure will bubble up again. it's been on the tip of my tongue for years. 

53 minutes ago, ignatius said:

it's passed for the moment, or was pushed aside by life, but i'm sure will bubble up again. it's been on the tip of my tongue for years. 

like an analogue bubblebath...

3 hours ago, yekker said:

Looks like my almost debilitating tiredness lately could be caused by taking too much melatonin. The positive thing is that I've been sleeping soundly and not waking up but I can't live like this I feel horrible...??

It’s the worst in the morning when you get that major sleep inertia? Where you’re physically nodding off and trying so hard to stay awake. ?

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

51 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

It’s the worst in the morning when you get that major sleep inertia? Where you’re physically nodding off and trying so hard to stay awake. ?

Yeah man, I've been hitting the snooze all mornings. It feels like I can sleep all day and I probably could.

Edited by yekker

19 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

submerged in the IG video conversion nightmare again.  started by using different software I didn't realize I had... cool video effect options bro, but is there seriously only one option for the video format???  How is that your program design?????  WTF!!!!  *kills everything*

this saga is so funny to me. this mf just constantly trying to upload vids to instagram and just over and over he is thwarted. the combat continues brother

• Like 1

There will be more of the saga to come, I can assure you.  I think the only problem with that last encoding was the audio format.  So I converted the mp4 file to another mp4 using aac instead of whatever-the-fuck, and it seems to be okay.  Used an online converter.  No syncing issues thank god (has happened any time I've converted one vid file to a different video format online).  It was after midnight, so not prime time for IG posting.  I'll find out this afternoon if it's actually compatible.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova