IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

dingding's music is better like way better than ae... and i say better, not that i like it more, it's simply technically and emotionally better, i know these things, you can trust me... shame it's just ae songs put trough some ni modules and dsp'd to the maximum...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dingformung said:

ae is good, though, and keeps getting better. it's so unique and detailed - but that's not IDM, I guess

how come you sit trough t1a1's 18 minutes just baffles me... there's literally no story! it's just there, like concrete, you look at the sounds and you're like, ok then, thanks? bye...

listening to be up hello on a stereo for the 1st time, i could get into this, i will... still think that his beats had better days though...

49 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

so i downloaded every album from the 2020 album of the year thread... i put everything in the same folder and played it on shuffle... never once i stopped pressing skip forward...maybe 2020 wasn't such a good year... i maybe i'm done with idm... i listened to the new ae, i don't get it, it's always the same beat feeding several modulated/knob twiddling fx... dry/wet this fx on this beat and keep twiddling that knob during 20 minutes... there's like gabor lazar which sounds dope but if you listen to one song you've basically listened to them all... always the same sound palete... am i old or stupid? makes me sad/bored...

how come Oneohtrix Point Never whatever gets so much praise is beyond me... those vocals??? such cringe... is it because he's an ex-watmmer?

i found out old tunes like 2 months ago and that i can dig, although some songs are 4 bars repeating for 5 or 6 minutes which is really anticlimactic...

didn't like new sp either... sounds better than his previous 2 but those beats don't really do it for me... i miss those jungle tambourines rushing all over... oberlove melodies are epic and there's really good stuff on his nts set though...

i'm not saying this with arrogance, i'm feeling left out....i'm not cool anymore...

that just means you have better taste than most on this forum. you're one of us now 

f147a6d8359e6ede4d90e1f71201581e.jpg

tank 4 da kind wordz friends...

anyway, just plugged a 110v denon tape player into a 220v outlet and it burned the fuse... i thought it was 110v - 220v... apparently i need to buy something like this:

voltage-converter-thg-models_1.jpg

Edited by Tim_J

Have to be at work in less than an hour and still hungover. Did a Prodeus campaign run in Japanese set on max difficulty last night on a glass of whiskey. One glass tho. Dunno if I've become more of a lightweight with age or what.

Hope those flapjacks and coffee for breakfast will carry me through.

t1a1' is one of my favs on NTS sessions. it seems like nothing is happening but no.. so much is there in every moment. and the change when it gets that spectral filtered sound and the synth thing comes in. heaven. when it ends i'm always left wanting to hear it again.. but instead i skip ahead to debris funk and bliss out to those obliterated disappearing distortion fractures. 

after i listened to NTS in the studio w/all the detail the studio monitors provide.. was a new experience. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I want to watch that vid from the gearslutz guy explaining why they're changing their name, but I'm stuck in the middle of a half hour Swans track.  Really hoping he opted for one of our suggestions.

Which track?

Petition to change the title Bitches Brew... 

A nasty cocktail or cheap promotional beverage purchased by nightclub loving females, that has the effect of making them want to scratch each others fucking eyes out......

Edited by Tim_J

After almost 4 months of barely any interest on the dating apps, there's suddenly three different women showing interest... I see complications in the near future.  One of them I want to keep things friendly with, but I can tell she's sort of pushing for something more.  (That one I actually met over a year ago, the first time I tried this online dating biz.  We've had occasional friendly hangouts ever since.)  FWP #2 been singing a rather screamy chorus for a new song, and I'm afraid I'm going to damage my voice.  I don't understand how singers like Chris Cornell do this song after song, night after night... or like, any death metal singer.  How in the fuck.