IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

5 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I don't understand how singers like Chris Cornell do this song after song, night after night... or like, any death metal singer.  How in the fuck.

Chris Cornell screwed up his voice, so don’t do what he did, but a death metal singer I once knew did it with chocolate milk.

I'll be moving (internationally) in the next few months and all the logistics are causing me mega stress.  Moving sucks, but is a complex emotion due to the accompanied excitement.  Planning to just bring extra bags between me and my partners' flights, which is the easiest but somehow most stressful way to do it.  Much pressure to sell my belongings even stuff i love.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

After almost 4 months of barely any interest on the dating apps, there's suddenly three different women showing interest... I see complications in the near future.  One of them I want to keep things friendly with, but I can tell she's sort of pushing for something more.  (That one I actually met over a year ago, the first time I tried this online dating biz.  We've had occasional friendly hangouts ever since.)  FWP #2 been singing a rather screamy chorus for a new song, and I'm afraid I'm going to damage my voice.  I don't understand how singers like Chris Cornell do this song after song, night after night... or like, any death metal singer.  How in the fuck.

I do vocals in a hardcore band. You have to find where your throat resonates easiest and just force air through when you find that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markedone said:

I'll be moving (internationally) in the next few months and all the logistics are causing me mega stress.  Moving sucks, but is a complex emotion due to the accompanied excitement.  Planning to just bring extra bags between me and my partners' flights, which is the easiest but somehow most stressful way to do it.  Much pressure to sell my belongings even stuff i love.

Sorry to hear about all the stress. I’ve been entertaining the thought of relocating, possibly internationally... not that any country would allow an American in right now.  I realize it would require me to sell a ton of stuff, too. I’d love to hear how it all went after you get settled in. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Braintree said:

I do vocals in a hardcore band. You have to find where your throat resonates easiest and just force air through when you find that.

That sounds cool... I can't say I really understand it though.

This moment here was the pinnacle achievement of the session:

waaaaaaaayee.m4a

23 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

My generation is supposed to be savvy at monetizing everything we do; people get paid big bucks to fucking eat food into a microphone on youtube -- yet I work for a non-profit, in a field that means a lot to me (mental health), where we are expected to do all kinds of shit for free, off the clock, and probably would not even exist without our volunteers. 

this is common in all the things. corporate people do this too. expect their employees to worship the company and give all their time to it like loyal little servants who should be thankful beyond measure for getting shit on. 

so, you're not alone in this type of shit show. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

And in between their precarious jobs they are expected to invest maximum unpaid time in finding a new employer who they should be extremely thankful to work for and give them all their time. You are taught from early on not to have any self-worth if you aren't dedicating your life to some company's investors' dividends.

• Sad 1

This just came up in my fb ads:
140945890_107443411336953_76381504164467

Wasn't sure whether to post in the observations, memes, or funny pics... which made it more of a problem than anything else.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Confused 1

both neighbours behind my house are a bunch of rich and slightly posh loud student cunts from surrey who cant seem to shut the fuck up for once in their lives

if you're from surrey and have THAT accent fuck you

Edited by milkface
  • Farnsworth 1

12 hours ago, ambermonke said:

It's been said that he's basically Genghis Khan with a programming degree

hunter thompson wrote in some piece he did a million years ago that Genghis Khan and his men, when gang raping women, would cut slices into the women's bodies when they ran out of 'natural holes'. I guess so more of his men could share in the spoils. 

he sounds like a communist... if you believe hunter thomspon.. and why wouldn't we believe hunter.. he never told a lie or made up a story. i think in that piece he was comparing Genghis to some politician. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

it snowed where i am so i cant go to the shop to get food because the pavements are covered in ice and i dont have car. had to eat jaffa cakes for breakfast and have no lunch ?

Edited by milkface
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, milkface said:

it snowed where i am so i cant go to the shop to get food because the pavements are covered in ice and i dont have car. had to eat jaffa cakes for breakfast and have no lunch ?

sucks. i keep meaning to buy the ice spike crimp on shoe things but we've not had any snow/ice for a couple years so it's slipped into the low priority zone.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, user said:

Just walk on the ice?  

i tried and didn't get very far - i was slipping all over the place and didnt wanna fall in front of a bus or some shit when i couldve just stayed home

• Farnsworth 1

SFWP - Having to constantly run my phone charger back and forth between rooms when I forget to charge it overnight. My attempt to just get a second one has been thwarted by Amazon's ability to lose my package twice in a row, so I'm just giving up at this point, but at least it's a test of my (failing) memory and some light at-home cardio....?.......?..

I've been forming a bad habit of forgetting the spirits that attack me at night.  I keep getting intoxicated with the fruit of the vine and blinding myself to the winged things.  I saw one last night and it tried to kill me.  Fuck this bullshit.

And I'm drunk again fuck

Ive a need for weed

• Confused 1

made it to the shop in the end, pavements are still coated in ice (thanks nottingham city council :))) ) everyone's just resorted to walking on the A road that cuts through the neighbourhood whilst the wing mirrors of cars brush your elbow lol

Edited by milkface