IGNORED

google+

kokoon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hm the only benefit it currently has that only the geeks are there. I mean you can't even send private messages

viewing my profile as if it were you, this is how you send a private message.

XfN5u.png

I think I'm retarded and or blind, because that option is on none of the profiles I've tried to send PMs to... I really need to send a PM too because I've lost their e-mail address :sad:

edit: you have to actually edit your profile to allow that option to be present...

wow.

i think i'm just going to stop checking back in this thread from now on.

come on you can do it

lol @ people (specifically you) praising Google + over facebook, same shit different pile

you know Facebook has the same policy, right?

Yes but I don't have anybody I don't know personally on facebook. I'd like to keep some of WATMM at bay, but being as the google+ network is in fact "social", that's not possible: hence my desire to continue using the pseudonym which I've been using for at least 10 years.

If they don't approve, I'll either use my "chen wang" account or say fuck it altogether.

but then, i kinda don't see the point in joining a social network if you're just going to use a pseudonym. you may as well just sign up on an internet forum with a handle...

surely this statement is not serious... right?

Guest Gary C

hm the only benefit it currently has that only the geeks are there. I mean you can't even send private messages

XfN5u.png

I think I'm retarded and or blind, because that option is on none of the profiles I've tried to send PMs to... I really need to send a PM too because I've lost their e-mail address :sad:

edit: you have to actually edit your profile to allow that option to be present...

There is that method where you go to the persons profile, but there's another way too which I prefer.

In your 'status bar' you can set the privacy of what your posting between you and whoever you like (all your friends, 1 circle, 2 circles, 20 people, 5 people or just you and 1 other person).

Your conversation appears in both of your feeds, but no-one else can see it.

XfN5u.png

There is that method where you go to the persons profile, but there's another way too which I prefer.

In your 'status bar' you can set the privacy of what your posting between you and whoever you like (all your friends, 1 circle, 2 circles, 20 people, 5 people or just you and 1 other person).

Your conversation appears in both of your feeds, but no-one else can see it.

Good thinking man! I ended up just tagging them in a post that said "get in touch", figured that would be just as easy :shrug:

Not being able to properly PM is annoying.

- And not being able to edit people from your main stream without blocking them completely

- And it not saving the text that you were writing if you accidentally load a new page.

And on and on. It's like my dad says, the guys at google aren't very professional programmers. Their stuff never seems ready for prime time. Hopefully they actually read some of the suggestions i've been giving them, cause it wouldn't be hard to implement and would fucking vastly improve the user experience.

Guest Gary C

- And not being able to edit people from your main stream without blocking them completely

You can view your stream by circles, so make a circle called "people I actually care about" and just read that.

You can view your stream by circles, so make a circle called "people I actually care about" and just read that.

Yes, you can do that. But I don't want to have to make yet another circle called, "doesn't fucking spam on every mundane moment of their lives." when i can justcut them ala faceybooky.

There are ppl i care about who do the spam thing.

Guest rumbo

I just got invited to Googlies Plus (thanks modey). I made a WATMM circle. I would like to fill it out so that it looks like I know people. Who wants to pretend to be my friend?

What my link says is that you - the end-user - can easily back-up your data and then move it to another "social" site. Nothing to do with data-mining, but rather that it is easy to back-up if you are worried about crashes.

Facebook has that yo. But I specifically didnt put up any info worth saving.

Also, someone invite me to google+ even if theyre not taking any at the moment.

Guest Gary C

Google+ has games.

Angry Birds, Bejewelled, Zynga Poker. 16 in total so far.

The privacy requirements looks exactly the same as Facebook, so I assume that spamming possibilities are the same.

Edit: But lol, I can play them at work, so I give myself 2 weeks until I'm fired.

• 2 weeks later...

I've still got loads of invites left if anyone wants to join click this link here

Are you even limited to invites now (or were you ever)? - I was giving them out willy nilly back in July and never saw any number to how many invites I had remaining.

I've stopped using it now, it were well rubbish ....

as I said at the start, I think it may be time to sell the ol' google stock. I know they get a huge chunk of their revenue from advertising and that probably won't change, but I just don't get the sense that they know what the eff they're doing. Also they don't seem to realize that a constant stream of half-assed products are going to change the public perception of the coolness of their brand...

Guest Mirezzi

There's simply no compelling reason for soccer moms and 14 year-old girls to leave Facebook.

Google+ is mostly dudes and dudes don't drive this market. Period. End of.

as I said at the start, I think it may be time to sell the ol' google stock. I know they get a huge chunk of their revenue from advertising and that probably won't change, but I just don't get the sense that they know what the eff they're doing. Also they don't seem to realize that a constant stream of half-assed products are going to change the public perception of the coolness of their brand...

after they bought motorola? also, android. G+ still has time to grow, no social network got big in a matter of months.

I've still got loads of invites left if anyone wants to join click this link here

Are you even limited to invites now (or were you ever)? - I was giving them out willy nilly back in July and never saw any number to how many invites I had remaining.

I've stopped using it now, it were well rubbish ....

you get 150 invites, I'm keeping the faith with it. I think it will take a year. When I was on facebook in 2007 hardly anyone was on it I had to use a college e-mail to get it but now it's massive, and it's getting boring.

Guest Coalbucket PI

Just stopped using it basically. It might be better than facebook but there is no point in both and nobody wants to make the move.

Archived