IGNORED

Writing a post and not posting it

Dragon

hehe, i remember someone making a thread like this before. oh, the ironing. fred maybe? perhaps he has his own 'writing a post and not posting it' post in the ltm forum now.

....last post

Guest fiznuthian

hehe, i remember someone making a thread like this before. oh, the ironing. fred maybe? perhaps he has his own 'writing a post and not posting it' post in the ltm forum now.

....last post

maybe he decided not to post it.. lol!

Guest AcrossCanyons

I wish I would have quality checked my posts when I first started foruming. I frequented a forum starting from when I was about 11 and I was so hated at that community it was crazy. There were countless hate threads about me and I actually took it to heart because I was so young. I tried to re invent myself once under a new account but my posting style was so obvious I was found out within a day.

I actually went to that forum a few weeks back and found a bunch of my old posts. Holy lol are they awful and embarrassing but so nostalgic and endearing.

My screenname there looked a little something XxlikethisxX. :rolleyes:

[edit] what's the point of this? i don't know. maybe i still need to quality control my posts.

Heh, I usually think better about posting half the replies I start writing. This one would have gotten the axe ordinarily, but because it serves as an example of the inane shit I usually end up scrapping I'm going to post it.

A few weeks ago I wrote a massive poll thread about music, asking watmm members about their download habits, whether you still buy much physical media, how much you illegally download etc, it took ages.

Then I just closed the window as I thought, whats the point?

hahah!

I wrote a somewhat lengthy post about my first world problems with an ipod but then I read it and realized that it really was about how much I hate myself so I deleted it. Posting in forums is like going to a bar and having your drunk chat registered in stone for the world to see until the end of times, but if you start going all PR about your writing then it becomes facebook and it's no longer any fun. I don't think there is a solution other than embrace your inherent stupidity or leave the Internet altogether which I can no longer do since I am hopelessly addicted.

There have been times where the edit button had disappeared right after I had posted pivotal evidence in a murder case I was a major suspect in. Well, I'm not behind bars right now, so it's safe to say anything is fair game on WATMM.

Guest rumbo

I'm finding myself doing this more now that this thread is here. I had to combat the hesitation by posting a thread focussed on turtle cocks.

You have struck fear in to me.

Just wondering, how often do you guys do this? Like, for instance, I've just decided not to post this in the Harry Potter spoilers thread:

I loved the fuck out of it.

I fucked the love out of it.

I outed the fuck of love.

I just thought it was too far off, and not really funny. But I've found myself doing it a lot lately, deciding that my posts simply aren't good enough. Maybe my standards are just too high?

How often do you write a post and decide not to post it?

i do that, did it just before for example.Somethings are better left un said, don't add to the conversation, or perhaps you don't want to start a new tangent in the conversation and then have to deal with it's inevitable upkeep.

Guest Coalbucket PI

Heh, I usually think better about posting half the replies I start writing. This one would have gotten the axe ordinarily, but because it serves as an example of the inane shit I usually end up scrapping I'm going to post it.

Yeah this is exactly what I do. If I have anything to say at all on a topic I normally start writing a reply and then either realise it is dull and has been said better already, or just that I can't quite explain myself as well as I'd like to and I don't care enough to think about it much more. Oh well.

The other day I got into a semi-argument about DJing in the music forum and I wrote out a big reply to the last response I got but I just wasn't interested in what I was saying anymore and I just shut the window

<-- post count speaks for itself

Reading back stuff i've posted a couple of years ago, usually involves some heavy facepalming. Must avoid that.

I do this more than you'd think. My biggest problem is posting a reply, then immediately wanting to edit / delete it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just decided not to post this:

The voice of, I'm guessing, Aphex's mom in "Taking Control" sounds exactly like my own mom at times. So sometimes, even though I live on my own now, when I'm listening to that song I legitimately think she's calling for me.

It's not his mum, it's sampled from a TV show called Keeping Up Appearances. Same with Ventolin (Praze-An-Beeble Mix), a lot of people think it's his mum laughing but it's just a sample.

As far as I know, the only AFX track that has a sample of Richard's actual mum is Come To Daddy (Mummy Mix).

Just decided not to post this:

It's not his mum, it's sampled from a TV show called Keeping Up Appearances.

now i'm intrigued...was this a pre-emptive detract becuase you have no evidence to support this comment, or do you know for a fact its true?

i always remember her voice as more shrill on that programme - more dramatic.

back on topic, i do this 90% of the time as my post count attests, i mostly lurk in work over lunch so am not active enough for quick retorts, anything that

i do feel i could contribute to leads to me typing a tl/dr post and i get stagefright and get back to working for the man...cos who gives a sh*t what i think..

Archived