IGNORED

Linux Receives 20th Birthday Video From Microsoft

Muflontillah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA2kqAIOoZM

"The Linux kernel has received birthday wishes from an unexpected direction — a video animation from Microsoft. Quoting The H: 'The video picks up on the strained relationship between Microsoft and Linux by displaying the phrase "Microsoft Vs. Linux" and then showing Tux, the Linux mascot, turning his back on the offer of a birthday cake from Microsoft. After a brief outline of the history between Microsoft and Linux, the video ends with a conciliatory gesture: Tux accepts the birthday cake in his igloo and the video ends with "Happy Birthday" and the editing of the initial phrase to "Microsoft and Linux?'

moonbender/Slashdot.Org

:cisfor:

If this would be made by Microsoft I'm still confused what they are trying to say. Microsoft won't touch GPL licensed software with a 10 foot pole. They pretty much killed Qt & Meego development at Nokia, they've succesfully patent trolled Novell and I'm sure they'll try and come up with more tactics to try and kill off commercial support for GPL licensed software.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B0GTYfPoMo

where is the evidence that this video is from Microsoft?

Slashdot.Org is in my opinion quite a reliable source so it should be real.

slashdot isn't a source

Guest mafted

watch them put Linux support on the xBox. that would be insane, considering what happened with the Sony.

slashdot isn't a source

Well it is a source obviously - hell a monkey vomiting up some buttons it accidentally swallowed is a source, just not an infallible one.

slashdot isn't a source

Well it is a source obviously - hell a monkey vomiting up some buttons it accidentally swallowed is a source, just not an infallible one.

lol

I meant that whatever slashdot was linking to/regurgitating is the source (assuming it's not copypasta itself), not slashdot. As in: the source of the monkey's stomach discomfort is the accidentally-swallowed button.

Archived