IGNORED

describe your dream electronic music party

Fred McGriff

based on the thread title alone, this would be a good time for you to post the mspaint of your dream band with aphex twin and satan and james maynard(?), if you still have it fred.

p.s. i havent read this thread

based on the thread title alone, this would be a good time for you to post the mspaint of your dream band with aphex twin and satan and james maynard(?), if you still have it fred.

wat? i have never seen this. please post!

Guest Franklin

last night i couldnt sleep so i made productive use of my time by hashing out plans in case i win the lottery. one of the first things i would do would be to put on an electronic-music party for watmm. i would arrange for some sort of smallish enclosed space inside a larger space. like a warehouse, but inside the warehouse are translucent walls bordering a space for about two or three hundred people. that way images can be projected on all walls throughout the course of the party (i would try to hire squee to do the lighting. but i would have specific requests that only he and i would know about. the whole party is actually a social experiement. the lighting from the beginning would reflect daytime, nature, and happiness, and progress and to a completely bad-trippish nightmare by the end of the party. the goal would be to get someone to cry). the bar would be in the back. colorado beer and kentucky bourbon will be free while everything else will cost double. i would pay for everyone's transport, food, and lodging though. there would be a balcony where i (and other ltm) would sit. of course there would be a stage where artists would be playing. the lineup would include a few hours of watmm amateurs (including myself, who would hire a jazz trio to play beak songs). and then we'd get to some really big guns, like squarepusher, and the orb, and meat beat manifesto. shit that would make people say "WTF is this 1996?" and then finally, unnannounced, aphex twin would come on and play some horrorcore while the venue is arranged to crumble like the way the place always crumbles apart at the end of an indiana jones movie. someone would be left crying. that's when i would descend from the ltm balcony and save them. i would take them back to my presidential suite and make sure they had neither want nor need. then i would grab a plush white robe from the closet and swaddle their skinny, vegan, sun-deprived body in it, and hold them in my arms. i can feel and count every single bone of the watmmer's body with my body as we rock. the stench of beer and whiskey is overwhelming on my breath, and serves as a mild sedative as the watmmer begins to calm down and take slower, deeper breaths. the watmmer then starts grabbing in the air, apparently for a keyboard and mouse, so i ask the watmmer's mom to go and make sure that these requests are taken care of. then the watmmer will log onto watmm and start typing things with a content look on its face, and i can finally get some fucking sleep.

this is how my dream electronic music party would happen based on my train of thought last night.

fred have you read much David Foster Wallace? When I read this I was thinking holy fuck this could be the kid in "infinite jest". You should write a goddamn book fred. How many times do I have to tell you.

no bass playing: Squarepusher

Thumbs up. But then again one of us could just DJ his old CDs. lolz :rhubear2:

i would like to see the food spread at said party fred. the image of the ltm crew in the balcony like the old guys from the muppets is very amusing to me. they would all be passing negative judgements on the wonderful party below and everyone would be pissed at them but at the same time, people would be trying to sneak up through the velvet ropes that kaen is bouncing at.

musically, i would like to see different collaborations at the party. I would put all of the featured artist names on a big roulette wheel and each spin would indicate who has to jam with who next. i see sean and marcus jamming while the wheel spins. whatever groove they have going on, the next spin of the wheel relives the last person and they have to pick up the jam. this would create a giant constantly evolving blob of music with all kinds of different input. so sean and marcus have a jam going, marcus leaves and then jack dangers picks up and jams with booth. booth then leaves and braintree has to jam with dangers. dangers leaves and clark has to jam with braintree. and so on and so forth.

also, i would like to see a screen with all of the best watmm ms paints constantly rotating. i would hope the bar would also have bacon bloody maries at less than double the cost.

busey_clappingz.gif

----

+

word to the wise, you would be up in LTM foe sho

You're only being pissy because the bouncer turned you away at the door for wearing trainers. This isn't that kind of establishment I'm afraid .....

pADIDAS1-2030919_adidasalt1_dt.jpg

adidas Santiossage Slides or else. Must have recently healed scars from attempting to dance in them.

Guest Franklin

...i would hope the bar would also have bacon bloody maries at less than double the cost.

hey no matter fred's got that covered.

It would play out a bit like Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure... except Ceephax would be operating the time machine.

- 94-95 era Prodigy, Remarc, DJ Hype, DJ Zinc and Marvelous Cain show up.

- Then Tech Itch would come from the year 1997 and bring DJ Funk with him.

- Soundmurderer would swing by for a set of ragga craziness.

- 1996 era Squarepusher would drop in.

- AFX from today would do whatever the fuck he wanted.

That would be great.

maybe this thread should be the beginning of a watmm lottery collection donation so we have better odds on making this happen.

your avatar makes me want to drink beer.

last night i couldnt sleep so i made productive use of my time by hashing out plans in case i win the lottery. one of the first things i would do would be to put on an electronic-music party for watmm. i would arrange for some sort of smallish enclosed space inside a larger space. like a warehouse, but inside the warehouse are translucent walls bordering a space for about two or three hundred people. that way images can be projected on all walls throughout the course of the party (i would try to hire squee to do the lighting. but i would have specific requests that only he and i would know about. the whole party is actually a social experiement. the lighting from the beginning would reflect daytime, nature, and happiness, and progress and to a completely bad-trippish nightmare by the end of the party. the goal would be to get someone to cry). the bar would be in the back. colorado beer and kentucky bourbon will be free while everything else will cost double. i would pay for everyone's transport, food, and lodging though. there would be a balcony where i (and other ltm) would sit. of course there would be a stage where artists would be playing. the lineup would include a few hours of watmm amateurs (including myself, who would hire a jazz trio to play beak songs). and then we'd get to some really big guns, like squarepusher, and the orb, and meat beat manifesto. shit that would make people say "WTF is this 1996?" and then finally, unnannounced, aphex twin would come on and play some horrorcore while the venue is arranged to crumble like the way the place always crumbles apart at the end of an indiana jones movie. someone would be left crying. that's when i would descend from the ltm balcony and save them. i would take them back to my presidential suite and make sure they had neither want nor need. then i would grab a plush white robe from the closet and swaddle their skinny, vegan, sun-deprived body in it, and hold them in my arms. i can feel and count every single bone of the watmmer's body with my body as we rock. the stench of beer and whiskey is overwhelming on my breath, and serves as a mild sedative as the watmmer begins to calm down and take slower, deeper breaths. the watmmer then starts grabbing in the air, apparently for a keyboard and mouse, so i ask the watmmer's mom to go and make sure that these requests are taken care of. then the watmmer will log onto watmm and start typing things with a content look on its face, and i can finally get some fucking sleep.

this is how my dream electronic music party would happen based on my train of thought last night.

fred have you read much David Foster Wallace? When I read this I was thinking holy fuck this could be the kid in "infinite jest". You should write a goddamn book fred. How many times do I have to tell you.

i actually haven't read much DFW... initially found his prose unreadable but just recently read a short of his in the new yorker and thought it was great. i'm working on a novel actually, so thanks for the encouragement.

wat? i have never seen this. please post!

sorry my webspace got baleeted and i was too dumb to back it up before baleeting everything so pretty much everything i ever drew got baleeted.

Guest hahathhat

i'd describe my dream party, but i forgot it when i woke up. maybe we should just hire michael alig to take a lot of ketamine and put up decorations on the astral plane.

Archived