3. Sleepwalking

4. Sleepwalking (FaltyDL Remix)

5. Cecconi

R-2985530-1310461274.jpeg

Closer EP

Tracklisting

1. Closer

2. Closer (Pinch Remix)

I know that some of you will say that d'n'b producer like Photek making house/dubstep music sucks a lot, and this is just for money. :whistling: Yeah maybe but this tracks are very nice, especially closer which btw sounds like Clubroot. It's worth to try.

Guest dese manz hatin

FaltyDL Remix doesn't sound bad. And aviator could have been a good beat if he hadn't made the synths so big. Almost sounds trancey :wtf:

Photek is one producer is just don't get...departuring from d&b to house yes, but going from making one of the most important albums in one genre (modus operandi) to doing generic house tracks? It's just that you know there's so much potential being wasted that it almost hurts.

I think with regards to Photek, he left the UK, did lots of work in Hollywood and generally lives a very different life to when he was spending weeks at a time making DNB tunes in his crummy flat. It's absolutely had a knock-on effect to his production and I agree that his music these days is pretty weak next to his mid-90s material, but it's to be expected really. He's grown up, got rich and DNB as a genre just doesn't have the same kick it had back when he was the king.

I will say that Mine To Give is still a classic tune though. He can obviously turn out the talent when he wants to.

Guest Promo

I think with regards to Photek, he left the UK, did lots of work in Hollywood and generally lives a very different life to when he was spending weeks at a time making DNB tunes in his crummy flat. It's absolutely had a knock-on effect to his production and I agree that his music these days is pretty weak next to his mid-90s material, but it's to be expected really. He's grown up, got rich and DNB as a genre just doesn't have the same kick it had back when he was the king.

I will say that Mine To Give is still a classic tune though. He can obviously turn out the talent when he wants to.

Yeah I agree with. Man's gotta make paper in life so fair play to him.

• 1 month later...

Archived