IGNORED

Question about Talis / Suns Of Temper

Guest Aserinsky

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

So a few months back I found a promo copy of Totems Flare for 50p going at a local record fare and decided to get it, even though I bought the album when it was first released. After listening to the promo CD I realised though that Talis has been slightly extended on this version, whilst Suns of Temper seems to start more abruptly. Would anyone know of any reason as to why the record was suddenly changed at the last minute? I'm not sure if it's common that promo copies vary differently from the final release, or this was some sort of watermark to know who leaked the album or some other reason which is blindingly obvious, but would appreciate any info.

I've attached 30 second samples so you can hear what I'm going on about.

Talis - Suns Of Temper Promo.mp3

Talis - Suns Of Temper Official Release.mp3

Interesting... well I can't answer your question, but I find Talis and Suns Of Temper very similiar to each other, so I guess it could be one huge track which was splitted into two. I have cutted the two tracks together (skipped the heavy intro part of Suns of Temper and start with it after the break) and it really works out like one long track...

By the way, Talis is my favourite of Totems Flare and one of my Clark all-time favourites. I fuckin' adore that track so much... soundtrack of my Berlin winter.

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

Maybe he has changed his mind. He has lots of different versions of probably every track.

It's possible, it wouldn't suprise me if Occam's Razor applied here. I just thought it's odd that he'd change it so late in the process of releasing the album. Then again the artwork of the promo is slightly different as well, so it wouldn't suprise me that he (or Warp) made a few final adjustments before release.

By the way, Talis is my favourite of Totems Flare and one of my Clark all-time favourites. I fuckin' adore that track so much... soundtrack of my Berlin winter.

Man, IMO you have a really unusual taste. I love Talis but it is the track that I skip most often while listening to Totems Flare.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I absolutely adore the 2nd half of totems flare.

x2

Rainbow Voodoo still makes me cringe half the time, though.

Really do love that track for some reason.

The same for me. One of the more original IMO. And massive

Man, IMO you have a really unusual taste. I love Talis but it is the track that I skip most often while listening to Totems Flare.

His best track ever. Seconded by a few people sitting behind my back right now. An unusual taste that happens to be quite usual then.

Archived