IGNORED

The Shining

Guest hahathhat

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

^^ p. rad

this will always be my favourite poster for that (or maybe even any) film though

the-shining-polish-poster.jpg

Guest hahathhat

dunno, that grip is ok for horsecock. Lord knows Shelley Duvall has the mouth for it.

genuine lol

Guest Mirezzi

^^ p. rad

this will always be my favourite poster for that (or maybe even any) film though

the-shining-polish-poster.jpg

I don't think it really fits the film, but I adore it.

Guest hahathhat

Please suggest some other movies to me, which are similar to The Shining. E.g.:

- Same era (no CG)

- Horror, psychodrama, etc.

I have already seen "Poltergeist", which I loved, "Carrie" which was OK, "Demon Seed" which was just fuckin' weird and "Hellraiser" which was awesome.

edit: which which which wichwichwichi

Guest Mirezzi

I've always loved late 70's / early 80's horror films...E.g. The Sentinel, The Changeling, Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Donald Sutherland remake).

I even like the campier stuff like The Cat and the Canary, Patrick, The Howling, etc.

Of course, none of it merits much of a worthy comparison to The Shining!

Timberline Lodge, that's crazy!

Please suggest some other movies to me, which are similar to The Shining.

It's not from the same era but Session 9 shares some characteristics and is also quite creepy. It's by the guy who made The Machinist. Don't get put off by the fact that David Caruso is in it - I know you can't take him seriously anymore after those stupid sunglasses, but he's doing a fine job here.

I watched Session 9 because Danvers State Mental Hospital (where it was filmed) wasn't too far from where I grew up and I had a bunch of family who worked there. It's an incredible/creepy place.

But I didn't like the movie, honestly. It might be worth watching just because dat building .

Archived