IGNORED

Satellite radio

halisray

I just got satellite radio. What are some good channels for music and news/business/talk?

So far I have my local channels and BBC Radio 4 / Extra.

Thanks for the help!!

'backspin' is probably the only good channel left on Xm/sirius radio, you will enjoy it for a while until you notice that they repeat the same 50-75 songs on each channel every day, it seems like automated computer winamp playlists for the most part. talk radio channels that are good, not many, besides Howard Stern most of the 'talk' stuff on satellite radio is broadcast on normal AM radio stations

Guest Deep Fried Everything

a few different people have tried to turn me on to/push me to satellite radio, and i just kept thinking in the back of my head "but i find all of the good interesting engaging music that i like without it... are you SURE there's something i'd like out there?"

ie what awepittance said, i suspect, is true for me too

Guest theSun

basically i might get it back for nfl radio - because living in buffalo and not caring about hockey means i can't really listen to local sports

:trashbear:

Guest Coalbucket PI

I guess you get all the BBC digital radio stations? I only recently got a digital radio just to listen to BBC Radio 6 Music

im curious how would one get satellite radio literally for free, is this just one of those 90 day vehicle free trials?

also the quality on satellite radio is shockingly bad, it sounds to my ears like 64kbps. I got a satellite radio receiver that could record up to 1 hour of music from the radio at my command, unfortunately every recording i took was of awful quality, the only helpful aspect of it is it would save the artist and song name so i could just redownload it when i got home.

Archived