IGNORED

Studio in a camper van

Guest rumbo

Guest rumbo

Wouldn't it be nice to have a fully contained studio on wheels? Not only would it be your studio, but it would be your home. You can live anywhere and not be a slave to rent.

Mobile WiFi solves the internet issue. But I guess powering your notebook could be difficult. The fridge is powered by a deep cycle battery I think, but I'm not sure how you'd maintain your powersupply to charge your notebook battery.

Anyway, I would definitely take this lifestyle change if the circumstances came together. Hi Tech Nomad.

Vw-California-Europe.jpg

VW-California-1_1520146c.jpg

volkswagen-california-campervan.1378078.jpg

Interior_Upholstery.jpg

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Yeah dude, it's totally possible (anything is possible)((teh future is nowz), just be persistent with your dream, make it happen and post the fruits of your labor, so we can also be inspired to build mobile studios/phedo idea vans.

(young idea recorders)((not the kinda vans your thinking of FBI))(((Get off my fucking internets)))

I had the same dream for a while too..

I think it's very possible, but would have to be one of a couple options. a standard caper van will not have nearly enough juice to power a studios worth of kit for any length of time. either you'd be limited to parking up at sites and plugging in (kinda defeats the object). You could get larger/more leisure batteries but it's added cost, and takes up space. Another option, probably the one I'd go with, would be a small petrol generator. once you're parked up, just fire it up and off you go.

what would concern me considerably more that the energy problem would be installing everything so it's totally safe when you're driving. Similarly, I'd want to improve the security of the van itself, would NOT want someone breaking in, and those things aren't all that secure.

It's definitely possible, and would be incredible I think. that's one of the wonders of the modern world. Your workplace could be wherever you wanted!

/dreams of working freelance sound design, parked up somewhere in central china.

Guest fiznuthian

turn an exercise cycle into a generator. electricity problem solved.

unless you're a lazy fuck and can't get into working for your entertainment.

Guest rumbo

Well, my profession is in digital art, so sound pollution isn't an issue for me really, although I imagine it would be for you sound designers. I thought of the generator too. It's a bit big and noisey, but you could fit it to a small trailer and tow it behind. I actually like the bicycle idea, but would rather get my excercise doing other things out in the environment. Solar panels are a must, but on their own are not reliable. As for security, just install one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gUATkM3WSQ

Guest Coalbucket PI

I don't really like doing all my shit and sleeping in the same room, especially if you have to clear everything up to fold your bed out. Also it would have to be big enough to stand up in. We're talking like a 10m long RV before I'm interested, and then I'm going to need an enormous amount of fossil fuels and it becomes a lot harder to park it anywhere. Might just about be possible in a really big van. You sort of need one without windows so nobody realises you're sleeping in there because it's illegal to park and sleep some places for some reason.

Guest rumbo

I would bag my poo and put it in my bergen, like the SAS do.

I guess one could poo anywhere. My biggest concern is where would I shower?

Guest Iain C

Why the fuck would you want to live in a van when you could live in a city like a normal person and actually experience civilisation?

"Country: Australia"

Ah, right.

Guest fiznuthian

I would bag my poo and put it in my bergen, like the SAS do.

I guess one could poo anywhere. My biggest concern is where would I shower?

pasteurize your poo and inoculate your poo with mushroom spores,

which then will consume your poo and give you food

Guest rumbo

Why the fuck would you want to live in a van when you could live in a city like a normal person and actually experience civilisation?

"Country: Australia"

Ah, right.

LOL :braindance:

Anjem+Choudary+Plans+Controversial+Anti+War+InxK0zRey79l.jpg

Guest rumbo

You sort of need one without windows so nobody realises you're sleeping in there because it's illegal to park and sleep some places for some reason.

This is the law here in Victoria too I think. You are restricted to camping sites. But being Australia, there are TONS of those around.

I would most likely return to Europe to do this. I don't know what the laws are from country to country though.

Guest hahathhat

mixing together two different modded vans like that is not only misleading, but it pissed me off. my brain was going OMG HAX as i tried to mentally slide that surf gear shelf kit into the home office and it didn't work. therefore, i would never buy this fucking van.

edit: or perhaps the desk folds up, the chair disappears somewhere, and your sopping wetsuit slides into your home office?

Guest rumbo

The above mobile office was customised for an underwater photographer. And yes, everything folds away. The slide out section could be anything, and doesn't necessarily need to be accessed from the outside.

Archived