IGNORED

WoW

halisray

Guest theSun

well you have to buy the game initially. probably $20, not sure about all the xpacs, im sure theres some deal

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

may as well do it digitally! much, much less fucking around believe me - if you use the disks, then once all installed, you'll have to download a load more patches to get it all up to date anyway. if you just download and install, it should already have all the necessary patches.

Guest disparaissant

honestly if you have the demo you probably have 80% of the files you need anyway

and it looks like you need wow and burning crusade ($20) wrath of the lich king ($40) and cataclysm ($30) to get to 85 nowadays. so about 90 bucks. then 15 a month! have fun!

Guest Sprigg

may as well do it digitally! much, much less fucking around believe me - if you use the disks, then once all installed, you'll have to download a load more patches to get it all up to date anyway. if you just download and install, it should already have all the necessary patches.

When I last downloaded WoW (two weeks ago, actually, and deleted it again four days or so later) I had to download the game (some 10gb) and then download 10gb worth of patches after. Took almost a full day. So.. unfortunately they don't seem to have built the patches into it. :trashbear:

I'm a hardcore PVP'er who does rated battlegrounds and arenas. I can't stand the repetitive nature of dungeons and quests so I choose not to do it. I love doing some regular bg's and duals for fun when I'm drunk.

I don't find pvp to be repetitive at all, every real life person on the other side of the screen plays differently, and it turns into a game where I'm trying to anticipate/get them to blow all 20 something cooldowns they have, all while killing them in the process. Its like high speed chess.

It still gives me adrenaline kicks to this day when I do something like win a 1 vs 2 in rated arenas or capture a flag after fighting my way through a dozen or so alliance. I usually have to get up and walk/pace around and cool off for a bit. Thats the good shit.

*slaps arm with fingers to ripen vein*

Same here, although I feel the game has gotten quite fucking horrible. I haven't really bothered playing somewhat competitively since tbc.. Never really tried for rank 1, but I've been rank 4(5s lol).

team fortress classic

Team_Fortress_Classic_original_models.jpg

Most fun/easiest to grief game I have ever played. Good memories there.

Enemy Territory was MUCH better for griefing. Probably still is, if there are any servers running. i got pretty good at both these games, in between being a jerk. i recently started playing TFC again, as well as counterstrike! i love source: beta

I probably put well over ten thousand hours into Enemy Territory. :facepalm:

There are still plenty of servers running. Most of them are out of Europe (they always had a better competitive scene in that game). The old NA Box servers have had some activity lately because TWL (Team Warfare League) is hosting a league for North America again. Luckily for me the new anti-cheat software they use causes the game to lag every time I move my mouse. I say luckily because it's forcing me to do other things like go outside and talk to people and stuff.

I will never play another first person shooter.

because Diablo 3 is going to completely ruin my life

Archived