IGNORED

Hip Hop (Boom Bap) - The Thread

Npoess

Guest Alfred E. Neuman

Can anybody guess what soundtrack this is from without looking it up?

[youtubehd]YS8_Z66cB7k[/youtubehd]

Edited by Alfred E. Neuman

• 1 month later...

The new El-P album is fucking dope, looking forward to hear what Aesop Rock's gonna push out later this year... Seem's Aesop's been in kind of a dark place in his head the last year dealing with the death of his best friend, etc... I'm hoping for some darker, sharp-tongued bangers.

I love El-P probably my favorite producer besides Dj Premier.

But I'm not really feeling Cancer 4 Cure. Request Denied, The Full Retard, Drones Over BRKLN and True Story are awesome, but the rest is a bit underwhelming to me. Shame, I really really loved Fantastic Damage and I'll Sleep When You're dead.

Guest carthief

re: david and dark time sunshine, nice to see your post!

I've been compulsively hitting the "related artists" button on Spotify lately and following the trail endlessly, came upon them the other day...I like their album. =)

and a weird story re: aesop rock, I live in the Northeast U.S. and go to this medical clinic a couple of towns over from me - they have a new employee who started there recently, and he has a lot of colorful tattoos and a kind of unique, distinct style and physical appearance - he reminds me a lot of aesop rock - anyway I asked him if he was familiar with the musician the other day and it turns out he's friends with him! very strange. =)

Guest carthief

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-aWLNr_1mU&list=FLFQJtWSc5jcgI2Gy08mrpvQ&index=7&feature=plpp_video

They simply don't make hip hop like this any more. I don't really care much for the tough guy lyrics. But those early/mid 90's New York rap tracks just painted a picture of New York as this dark and dystopian metropolis. It just had this incredible atmosphere.

I owned "The Infamous" back when I was like 13-14 - it didn't click with me at the time, I just didn't get into it. A few years later I remember reading in a magazine a writer saying that the production on Shook Ones Pt.II changed the face of hip-hop, or something of the sort...I downloaded the instrumental again, and it was a dark time in my life, very self-destructive, and the simple, but brutal sample just stuck to me...

fast forward almost 10 years later and I finally get the album again, and God, it is so beautifully bleak, so incredible, it has an essence and atmosphere that's no different than a classic, master painting...

do they have any other truly great albums like that?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest ZeroHour

[youtubehd]PvQRcvJJa9E[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]9bk4cXT3yOM[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]qwxrX3ZrH5k[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]oY8Ilq2mFUQ[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]kwQrd8KCnws[/youtubehd]