Sign in to follow this  
Npoess

Hip Hop (Boom Bap) - The Thread

halloween flows

On 10/28/2019 at 7:44 AM, Drum Up said:

Nice!

Was literally just rocking this Extra P jewel in another tab as I Homered-thru-shrubs in herre -

4 hours ago, BobDobalina said:

Was literally just rocking this Extra P jewel in another tab as I Homered-thru-shrubs in herre -

Sick. Large Prof is such a hero! By the way, the 'Subtember 11th' pic you posted in that McDonald's thread made my day yesterday. Showed it to a bunch of my coworkers and we had a good laugh.

Been revisiting some Pete Rock recently too. Was very pleased to see this gem on one of the Autechre mixes that the watmm user estragon curated on a spotify playlist:

Cheers m8, all credit to the Onion for Subtember 11th tho!

Pete Rock is an absolute fucking legend alright.  I was glued to the college radio hiphop shows in the early-mid 90s and his arrival on the scene was just as big as Wu Tang or Nas (shit, his beats on illmatic!!), TROY was played nonstop, especially the Pete Rock self-remix (which is even better than the original imho, cant find it on YT though but it's not the 'vibes' remix).  Did I mention Pete Rock remixes?

Like a lot of the comments in the video, this is one of the joints that you remember where you were when you first heard it, I'd love to get the full story behind it one day.  The biggest hiphop group at the moment wants a remix?  Sure, I'll just put myself on hype and scratches, add my own verse while we're at it, and bring a beat that kicks doors off the *bomb squad* original. WHAT

hella soulful

• Like 2