IGNORED

Hip Hop (Boom Bap) - The Thread

Npoess

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't listened to Task Force in over 10 years it seems, enjoyed revisiting New Mic Order yesterday. Gonna revisit Music From the Corner today probably, as I recall I only listened to the first 2 volumes and greatly preferred the 2nd.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Freddy was singing in English and some French but couldn't quite nail the whole song. We were trying lots of experimental ideas even some rapping in Japanese. It was an evening of pure energy and creativity. Eventually the wife of Bernard Zekri, B-side, sung the whole song in more or less one take. It was so good that became the B-side of the record"

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ this is somehow the only cassette I still have from my adolescence.  Such raw production but they made it with barely any gear beyond turntables, records, and mics.  It's all good but this will always be my jam - too bad fatboy slim came along and near ruined it

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 6:46 AM, milkface said:

Insane tune from summer 2020. He was 16 when he put it out and even made the beat himself.

Will never be able to get into that hippity bippity drippity rhyme style.  (As noted by Snoop)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...